Author Thread: Hi there i have something to get off my chest
Admin

Hi there i have something to get off my chest
Posted : 13 Sep, 2009 09:59 AM

I met a lady back in February on here and we got along great so i focused on her and her on me. We got to know everything about each other and we fell in love. We talked about everything and after about 2 months we started planning to meet and we did at the start of July it was the best 2 weeks of my life. She also said it was the best 2 weeks of her life. After i got back we missed each other terribly she and i talked about marriage and she said she wanted to and wished i was there with her sooo much but then roughly a month ago we had a conversation one night which seemed to be one of our best ever we talked for hours about deep things as we usually did. We talked every night without fail in the 6 months we knew each other. But the next day from then forward she had not answered my calls. I was crushed. I feel so small and i don't understand why she did that can anyone help me figure out why?

We never ever argued we had different opinions every now and then and i would get sad because i missed her and as would she but i just don't know why..

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Sep, 2009 11:34 AM

Oh by the way... you were right except 4 :toomuch:!

Assume U were joking. Apology accepted.

IFGODB4U

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2009 01:50 AM

Unfortunately some women seem to carry a black book of past pain that others have inflicted upon them. Then when it comes down to making a commitment they pull away in order to avoid getting hurt again.

Also, women get dozens of advances online and this can become very confusing when all of a sudden 30 guys are all pledging their heart and soul at once to them.

You're an intelligent person with a well grounded faith. God has someone who will come across your path if you ask the Holy Spirit to guide each of you to each other in the proper season and this person will be an even better fit. God sees the big picture (read Isaiah 55 over and over for the next few weeks).

Lastly... Be careful how much you share over the phone. You never know if something you say will trigger a past memory that suddenly gets tied to you. Its like hearing a song from when you were in High School. That same song today will cause you to remember things that you experienced years ago.

All of God's grace and love to you my brother. God definitely has a plan for you. You can count on it!

LD

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 01:45 PM

I understand your pain. Many of us have gone through the same. But maybe she found out that she could not make you happy, or that you could not make her happy. It may be God's hands sparing you from later disappointment.

It is not easy, though. I know.

God bless you and give you peace.

For our God is in the heavens, and He does as He wishes.

Psalm 115:3

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Sep, 2009 08:52 AM

I don't think thats true. To use worldly terms - the woman was just flaky, although she might (probably does) have some really good qualities. There is zero excuse for her behavior. She would not even respond to the brother.

Again, she needs to get over her fearful & selfcentered self.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 07:37 AM

yes ozzyluke, just let it off your chest for we can not presume too much on the reasons for her silence apart from guessing that she got scared with your whirlwind relationship. when counseled by parents or spiritual elders about marriage she began to see things which she did not see before but scared to tell you, fearful to be called fickle/shallow or irresponsible... Don't take it too much against her,she could be in deep problem too.

Let the peace and joy of the Lord be your strength brother.

theDave

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 12:07 AM

Ok, I'll tell you exactly what happened and I'll even bet that the majority of chicks on this website will disagree with me.

You went too far too fast. You made yourself too readily available to her.

What you need to realize is that women need resistance. If they can walk all over you then they will lose interest... especially if they're pretty. Your problem was that you didn't realize that your time is a commodity. I trade commodities in my spare time and something that you must realize, in accordance with the law of supply and demand, is that if you flood the market with a commodity the value of it will go down.

You should probably read what I wrote about confidence, you can find it in my history. But getting back on track, you spoke to this girl every night for six months straight. This showed that you don't have a life outside of your current woman of interest. This is wrong. Every hour that you spend with her on the phone cheapens the hour before it. No. You need to get a hobby. If a girl call and you're about to hang with your friends, DO NOT postpone hanging with your friends to talk to her. Tell her that you are about to hang with your friends and that if she can't make it quick then you'll call her back. This repositions her from the center of your world and makes it more possible for you to become the center of hers.

It's not that you don't value her, not at all. But at this stage in your relationship, you value your time with the boys more making it necessary for her to earn your value.

I'm not sure if I'm making this as clear and simple as it should be.

The starting point is for you to attract her. You need to display something of value to her.

Then you need to let go and let her pursue you. Back off. Live YOUR life and invite her to be a part of it and as your relationship grows then you begin to meld the two together. You can't do it all at once and you can't try to skip steps. As Christians we aren't those that form the emotional bond that sex brings at the beginning of a relationship so we have to do things in this long and drawn out fashion.

I don't know ladies... Tell me what you think.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 09:27 AM

THESE KIND STORES ARE WHAT MAKES ME THINK TWICE ABOUT THIS DATING.

I WANT TO FIND A SOUL MATE BUT THESE DAY GUY AND GALS PLAY SO MEAN GAMES.

MAKES ME THINK OF JUST SAYING SINGLE.ALREADY HAD MY HEART RIPED OUT MY CHEST I'LL TAKE ANY KIND O0F BEATING, BUT LOVE BEATINGS.THIANK FOR REMINDINGME WHY I STay single

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Sep, 2009 10:19 PM

IF I HEAR ONE MORE EXCUSE FOR THAT WOMAN..AND HER SELFCENTERED, INCONSIDERATE & FAITHLESS BEHAVIOR..I AM GOING TO SCREAM!!! I THINK I WILL ANYWAY!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME A SHOVEL - THAT IS SO MUCH BULL!!!!

Inkabink

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2009 01:36 PM

I'm sorry this happened to you, dude. But trust me, it happens often, to men and women both. I met a guy on here not long ago who really swept me off my feet, we were discussing marriage and all that (a lot like your story, sadly). Then one day, out of nowhere, his WIFE emailed me. Needless to say, that was one of the worst and most painful experiences of my life. So, you aren't alone.

And lastly, you need to beware of anyone who tells you "all men are this" or "all women are that". That kind of talk is just bitterness, insecurity, and unresolved anger speaking, and it isn't useful wisdom at all.

God bless, and don't give up hope. Just go slowly, be wise, and ask GOD for guidance in the future!

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2009 03:34 PM

Sorry that happened to you both~~It is hard to get to know a person over the internet so the key is what INK said~~Pray for guidance always.

God will guide us if we let Him and listen to Him~~That still, small voice that we have to listen closely to and during quiet times when we can tune out our own brains buzzing away~~:rolleyes:

God bless you in your journey~~~

Page : 1 2 3