Author Thread: Evolution vs Creationism
Admin

Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 4 May, 2008 01:59 PM

Anyone feel like tackling this can of worms?

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 11:23 PM

I intended my congratulatory comments above for Creationist. I don't know if I found the right place on the thread next to Creationist comments to place my reply or not, kinda new at this thing. Anyway Creationist keep up the fine work!

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 11:25 PM

I intended my congratulatory comments above for Creationist. I don't know if I found the right place on the thread next to Creationist comments to place my reply or not, kinda new at this thing. Anyway Creationist keep up the fine work!

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 10:38 AM

LunaTuna...

That is not "cheesy" at all...but a very wise analogy. You have much insight and forethought. Do not ever let anyone tell you any differently. ;) I suppose as far as all of this is concerned, we will all find out in the end, won't we? :)

God Bless

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 20 Mar, 2009 10:52 AM

I think you pretty well covered it, don't you? ** Great job!! Enough said as far as I am concerned. Take what this man has said, look it up in your Bibles if you do not believe it to be true...that may be the problem...questioning the Bible. If that is the case..there is not much anyone can do for you except pray. I would rather believe and find out that I am wrong, than to NOT believe and find out that I am right! :) It is all about Faith in God, people.

Semper Fi!

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 1 Apr, 2009 08:06 AM

Is there a difference between Faith in God and Faith in a iterally true bible? Just wondering if there is something besies God that is perfect...?

God bless

De Benny

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 26 Apr, 2009 01:30 PM

Its Amazing!! Its just sooo...Amazing!!

:angel:

God gave us ...

THE INSTRUCTION BOOK FOR LIFE...THE BIBLE!!

And...

mankind, as usual wants to make up some crapola,

horse manure, stinky stuff to explain things and make themselves look intelligent and deep.

Chile Please!! :ROFL:

God said...

Jesus said....

Paul said...

Peter said..... in the last days men will be turned onto fables, stories, have itching ears that don't want to hear

the truth but instead JUNK!! :bunny:

Let the Church Say Amen!!

:yay:

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 3 May, 2009 11:12 AM

Wow! That is such a good point about the sun not coming up after the plants were created. I never even thought about that. Another thing I want to point out is "The Legend of Java Man." We've all seen the pictures of the original "ape man" and how he apparently evolved into modern man. The problem is that this image we see in textbooks was created based on very little evidence and a whole lot of imagination. Here's an excerpt from "The Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel, which I highly recommend reading:

"What is not so well known is that Java man consists of nothing more than a skullcap, a femur (thigh bone), three teeth, and a great deal of imagination . . . it was little more than a speculation fueled by evolutionary expectations of what he should have looked like if Darwinism were true."

It blows my mind that we still see this image printed in textbooks. In response to these types of distortions, "Darwinists claim with religious zeal that it was never really the whole story in the first place and insist that new findings really do buttress macroevolution. New narratives are created; new stories are told. The theory of evolution, now unsupported by the original icon, is never questioned; instead, it's used afresh to justify a redesigned model."

Whoa! I am so glad that I serve a God who never changes based on the latest evidence or lack of evidence. A God who always was, always is, and always will be. If this interests you at all, please get a copy of Lee Strobel's book. You should also know that he was a devout athiest for many years because of what he was taught about evolution. Then he challenged God and interviewd many experts in several different fields, and he came to the undeniable conclusion that GOD created the universe! Now he is a believer of truth.

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 09:31 AM

To evolution, I have strong opinions and have always believed that you can't believe in both evolution and creationism. To me, if evolution is true, why aren't apes still turning into man, and why are there still apes/monkeys at all?? As for "Lucy" and the other old skulls they've found? I think they were just skulls of humans who were malformed. I've seen a few people in real life with skulls that shape - they were just unfortunate and malformed.

Maniacs1

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 25 May, 2010 10:20 AM

-psalm 90:4 and 2 peter 3:8 do not refer to creation, they are just telling us that God is not effected by time. but you have to remember that even though God is not effected by time, He knows all about it because He is the one the created it. why do we seem to think that we know more about creation than God does. God was the one that created, God is the one that told/showed how it was done, so why do we like to think that God doesnt know what He was talking about and that He needs our help to explain it.

-if genesis is not describing creation then why is creation talked about? yes genesis was written by a sinner, but so was the rest of the bible, if you disregard genesis because of that, then you have to disregard the rest of the bible. if genesis is not really history, then why does Jesus reference it so much during his ministery

-God would have know all about this whole evolution theory, that is why He created things in the order that He did (light before light source(s), plants before a sun/moon/stars)

-when God first created the earth it says that the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters (which goes against the evolution story which says that the earth was a "hot molten blob"), and remember during the flood of noah, most of the water came from under the crust of the earth (.....and the fountains of the deep broke open.....) which explains the fault lines along the earths crust

-if the bible is the word of God then why is it that we have to minimilize what it says to fit what "science" teaches, for example, science taught that the earth was flat, some christians bought it, began to teach it using certain verses to support their claims, and now alot of non believers think that it was christians that came up with that idea, even thought there are verses that talk about the earth being round. why then do some christians try to fit what "science" says about the age of the earth/universe instead of what God says (by the way the word universe is latin (im pretty sure its latin, but i could be wrong) for "a single spoken sentence" (something along that line anyway, and something to think about)) odds are if God doesnt come back in a couple hundred years, then science will have a new explination for how we got here and christians will be blamed for the idea for evolution

-something else kind of interesting, every day during creation, it starts the days with "God said........", if it takes millions of years for what God says to come to pass, then he must not be all that powerful, because only a God that is all powerful can create something instantly (for example look a Jesus' ministry, if it took millions of years for what He said to come to pass then none of it would have happened, cause al the people would be dead)

-the bible says that God will restore the earth to what it used to be, if thats the case then how different will it be from the one we have now? if the earth is millions of years old, then there was death and suffering before adam was even created, and if that is the case then how can everything be good/very good if it is all based on death and suffering?

-who are we to believe, scientists who for the most part are non-christians (there are some christian scientists but i am not counting them at the moment) who were never there to see it happen, or God who created it and told people how He did it

-another interesting thought is that science is one of the few things that teach millions of years for earth history, most religions/myths teach that everthing was created fairly quickly

-genesis 1:1 says that the earth was formless and void. the definition of formless is: lacking a definite or regular form or shape; shapeless. the definition of void is: empty, a vacancy. so basically God was telling us that in genesis 1:1 he was beginning to shape and fill the earth (like a ball of playdough tends to be formless and void when you take it out of the container)

-moses did "write" genesis, but it must be remembered that the hebrews had a strong oral tradition, meaning that they orally passed things down for generations. if adam really did exist, and had that perfect relationship with God for a time, then adam would have been able to tell his children, grandchildren, etc all about it. and a little something that most people dont realize, in genesis 2, it describes the creation of the garden of eden, which took place on day 6 after the creation of adam, therefore adam witness a small portion of Gods creative power (and one of the reasons that satan went after eve, because she never saw God create anything, she just heard about it)

-the theory of evolution and the idea of millions and billions of years is a religious idea. creation happened about 6000 years ago, unfortunatly noone alive today was there to see it happen so we need to have faith in what God has told us that it happened (although we have proof that the earth is 6000 years old). evolution also happened in the past (millions and billions of years ago (according to the theory of evolution, evolution is not just limited to people, plants and animals, but to stars, elements, planets etc.)) when noone was around to see it happen, so we have to have faith in the scientists of today to tell us what happened in the past and with how we all got here (for arguments sake evolutionists have proof for evolution as well, the thing is though both sides have the same proof, but see it differently depending on what we believe)

-it must be rememberes that when adam and eve where created, they would have had a heck of a lot higher IQ level than anyone alive today. as little food for thought, they wouldn`t have know everything right away, or else they would have been omniscience, and it would have taken away from their ability to learn and grow in the Lord, just like when we first become christians we dont know everything about God and what the bible says, although in our arrogance we like to pretend that we do (i am stepping on my own toes as well on this one), and i believe that when we get to heaven we will know more but we wont know everything (again it would take away from our eternity of learning if we did)

-i cannot find anywhere in jeremiah that describes a global flood, every reference to a flood that i found (whether it was with water or figurative for an army) was in present tense, not the past.

anywho hope this made some sense and sorry for the long post

abbasgrl2010

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 8 Aug, 2010 12:50 PM

God did command Adam and Eve to go forth and replenish the earth that replenish is not a type O.

And when did Jesus see satan fall from heaven?

Page : 1 2 3 4 5