Author Thread: Evolution vs Creationism
Admin

Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 4 May, 2008 01:59 PM

Anyone feel like tackling this can of worms?

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 7 Jun, 2008 06:58 AM

I kind of stand between the two. If God's timeframe is longer than we preceive it to be than the formation of the earth could have evolved over a longer period of time. There is alot of conjecture that the earth is alot older than we think. This being said perhaps 6 days was over a great period of time in our thinking but just a blink of an eye to God. Do I think we came from monkeys...NO...do I think

we could have evolved slower than our minds can anticipate...Yes! Don't want to fight...just my thought.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 11 Jun, 2008 02:23 AM

Psalm 90:4For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night

2Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Seven days of creation could be

,,, 7 days,,, X,,,1000 years,,,= 7000 years,,, and,,,

7000 years,,, X,,,365,000 ,,,=,,,2,555,000,000. years

humm,,,thats 2 billion 5 hundred and 55 million years!

Gods time,,,,,,,:peace: out !!!!

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 1 Jul, 2008 06:01 AM

says in the Bible that God is the Universe, so creation and evolution go hand in hand.

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 14 Jul, 2008 05:29 PM

I enjoy this debate since it requires people to think. There is a great movement called Answers in Genesis. Check out their website if you have a chance. Now for those days being years..... The problem with this theory is that the word used in genesis to describe a day is the same word used in the rest of the Old Testament to describe a single 24-hour period. Furthermore, Darwin himself said that if the cell turned out to be more than a simple organism that there just was not enough time in the world's history for it to evolve. I won't get real technical here, if you want to know real details email me.

One more thought to leave you with: Two of the biggest "facts" evolutionists use to push this program is the fossil record and the ape to man illustration. Now here are the real facts: Fossils are dated by the layer of earth they are found in, layers of earth are dated the fossils that are found in them - sound like circular reasoning? And they do have a species of ape skeloton (the first in the drawing series) and they do have a skeleton of a different race of people (the last drawing in the series) but they don't have any evidence for all the drawings in between. In other words: they have no evidence we evolved.

Think about this: If you truly look at evolution its conclusion is that there is no God or if God exists He is irrelevant. If we evolved from monkeys (or a monkey like creature) and the Bible says we were "made in the image of God" how can they both be true?

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 19 Jul, 2008 01:51 AM

Something that always irked me about the timeline provided by evolution is that written history didn't begin until the 3000-4000 BC era (roughly 6,000 years ago :rolleyes:).

So according to the theory, primitive beings existed for millions of years first. Okay, whatever I happen to think, I'll give them that for right now...too primitive to write. I'll buy it.. so why don't we just fast forward -The modern "homosapien" supposedly emerges around 200,000 years ago.

So it took us THAT long to think it might be a good idea to write down our language? 100,000-200,000 years??????

Overall, I will accept any timeline that does not contradict the word of God, so in the long run numbers really aren't all that important to me because there is no way for us to know exactly how it all went down. To be honest, I don't think either side really knows their numbers extremely well.

LunaTuna77

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 4 Aug, 2008 02:40 AM

I never understood why science and belief in a higher power are so often at odds with each other. I guess if you interpret the Bible absolutely literally...but many christians feel that the message of biblical stories are more important than whatever dates or numbers are used to tell them.

Isn't watching something grow and develop and adapt to its environment beautiful too? Ok, this is sort of cheesy but a flower isn't always a flower. It goes from being a seed to a green stalk to a bud, and finally blossoms into the image it was meant to be. When it starts as a roundish, plain little seed, you couldn't call it a flower yet but the potential is there.

So, translation: Maybe we didn't start out looking like we do now. Doesn't mean that there wasn't some plan in mind for what we could become, and what we did become. We just needed a chance to grow first. And that's the beauty of it.

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 4 Aug, 2008 09:24 AM

April Swan,

Thanks for the info. God Did Say Let Us Make Man In Our Image. I don't think we evolved from anything. We are exeptional creations made by the hand of an Amazing Creator !

Deborah

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 07:52 AM

I like this comment I heard one time.

Which would you prefer or think is more likely to be true?

Man evolved from some tadpole to monkey to man.

or

Man is in the imagine and likeness of GOD!

:peace:

Susan

Deborahe

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 5 Aug, 2008 08:43 AM

I think the latter one is more likely to be true.

OUR GOD IS ABLE !

Created in His Image,

Deborah

creationist

View Profile
History
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 6 Aug, 2008 06:56 PM

Hmm, fun topic!

Here's my 2 cents:

Evolution and God do not go hand in hand. Evolution is a secular theory, and as such, evolution states there is no God - at all. No supernatural force. Christians who try to infuse evolution with Genesis, well... that doesn't work either. That's called the "gap theory" and was a desperate attempt by scared churches in the 1800s to make the Bible fit in with science during that era.

Besides.. why would a loving God use evolution to get life here? I don't think God is a bumbling nit wit! God didn't roll cosmic dice or play games to get Adam and Eve here. God didn't use misfits and freaks of nature to get life here, through long, slow, gradual processes and guess-work. What kind of "god" would create life in that manner? Kinda cruel, isn't it?

Also, if ya pay attention to Genesis, you'll see that there was no death until Adam sinned. Evolution states there was death before sin. Genesis says sin came first, and then death. Evolution and the Bible have nothing in common, at all. They are polar opposites.

I guess evolution and God are at odds, because it's really religion vs. religion. Evolution is a religion. It's a belief, an unproven one, that requires faith to believe in.

I've heard the argument of this verse posed:

2 Peter 3:8 - "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

Interesting verse! I don't see millions of years in that verse. At all. I see the Lord letting us know that to God... He has no conception of time. He isn't trapped in time - we are. Time is a physical property, according to Albert Einstein... and God isn't subject to time. Only we are. The verse above reverses itself. It says 1,000 years is like 1 day to God. Then it changes and says 1 day is like 1,000 years to God. Well, which is it?! It's simply a verse telling believers that God isn't trapped in time. That verse in no way implies millions of years.

The SIX (6) days of creation, were literal days in Genesis. Go read Genesis chapter 1 again! After each "day" it says that the evening and the morning were the first day... second day... third day... and so on. Evening and morning - that isn't millions of years or even thousands!

Read closely and you'll see that on day 3 plantlife was made. Then on day 4 the sun was made. If we pretend that there was... say... 1,000 years between "day 3 and day 4" or even millions of years... well how long do you think the plants can wait until the sun comes up, to start the process of photosynthesis? Plants need sun light - the plants were made on day 3, and the very next day, the sun was made. Plants without sunlight, don't live very long, let alone thousands or millions of years.

I'm not trying to be arrogant here, haha, I'm just using logic. There is zero proof that anything evolves or evolved. Dogs still produce dogs. Cats have cats. People have people. This hasn't changed, at all. The "fossil record" which isn't even a "record" really, shows that animals have NOT changed, at all. As in, transitional forms.

Why do they not find fossils of.... say... a half turtle, half rodent? Nevermind something like that looking ugly, haha, but why don't we find "half and half" animal fossils? Instead, they find fossils of complete animals. Fully functional. Complete horse fossils, humans, dogs, reptiles, etc. Even in strata (rock layers) supposedly millions of years old... they find fossils of animals that resemble our animals today. I think people forget that Noah's flood played a humongous role, not only in giving this earth an aged-appearance, but also in burying various animals for example, in different layers. Most creationists refer to this as "hydrologic sorting" and it does indeed occur. The flood of Noah's time is responsible for the aged look of this earth, and the layers upon layers of fossils found. Not millions of years of time.

6 days, is 6 days, in Genesis. To think otherwise, I would ask someone to prove, scientifically, that Genesis occurred over long periods of time. Because geology says otherwise about the age of this world! It points to a young earth, not an old one. So I guess in Revelation, when the "antichrist" is here for 7 years... does that mean 7 years, or... 7,000 years? After all, many think that 1 day is 1,000 years to God ya know.

Written communication suddenly sprang up on the scene rougly 5500 years ago. Just suddenly... written languages appeared. There was no evolutionary process of the languages. And as far as "stone age" and "copper age" and "bronze" and iron ages go? I laugh at that, too. Genesis 4:22 mentions Tubal-cain, an artificer of brass and iron. That was what... 5000... 5500 years ago? Yet, secularists try to tell us that 5000 years ago, people were just beginning to work with clay or copper, for example. Nonsense... people had an excellent understanding of metalurgy since God placed mankind here. After the flood, I believe much of that knowledge was lost, and tid bits of it were taken aboard the Ark, in Noah's own mind. And after the flood... well.. "technology" would have to start over, right? Giving the appearance that we went through stone ages, copper ages, etc.

I'm so sorry, I rambled.. LOL. I'll be quiet now and maybe someone else will respond. But before I go, I'd like to point out a few more verses that speak out against evolution:

Ecclesiastes 7:29 - "Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions."

(verse above, key words: "hath made man UPRIGHT" but "they" have sought out "many inventions.")

Jeremiah 2:27 - "Saying to a stock, Thou art my father; and to a stone, Thou hast brought me forth: for they have turned their back unto me, and not their face: but in the time of their trouble they will say, Arise, and save us."

(verse above makes me laugh sort of, because it says people would call a stock [old english word for 'tree'] their father.. and then tell a stone "thou hast brought me forth" - this is hilarity! this is what evolution says, that all things are related within this universe, that we have 'common ancestors' - and evolution first took place on the 'rocks' in the soupy primordial oceans, according to evolution, right? i love the verse above, it's excellent and speaks against evolution.)

Ok, someone else's turn to join in here hehe :dancingp:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5