Author Thread: Are Concubines the new Girlfriends?
otismusic

View Profile
History
Are Concubines the new Girlfriends?
Posted : 8 Jul, 2021 03:55 PM

Are Concubines the new Girlfriends? if I have a concubine, I am responsible for everything, plus I get the benefits of intimate relations....but she cannot inherit...is that a common law wife? yup....Judaeo Christian Law, hidden in plain sight.

I read the Word and cannot find anything that forbids me having 100 wives! unless I'm a pastor.....serves yourself right!

In jest I speak of human relationship that the Word portrays, we like to sanitise the Word and make it fit into our doctrinal ways, so the real question ought to be, does our concept of human relations fit in with the Word, or do we just pick and choose according to heart and cultural ways? are you challenged? I hope so.

PS for clarity I don't do girlfriends or concubines, but still, the question stands....should I get 100 wives?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jul, 2021 04:52 PM

Most of my friends are Men.

Rarely do I have any Real women friends, except 2 or 3.

I'm not sure what MEN do in general.

I meet Men, who don't have many women at One time.

Passionfruit720

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Sep, 2021 11:21 AM

I don't think that's allowed for Christians. But for Muslims, you can have many wives if you can support them together with your offsprings.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Feb, 2022 04:49 PM

Otis!!! Is that you, my old friend?! If so we talked a few years back... had some good conversations...😁

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Feb, 2022 04:54 PM

I would recognize your photo, you might recognize me as well... l am not 99 yet so l cannot contact you via your profile page, lol... perhaps you might text me and we might visit again... 🙂 if you'd care too...

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2022 05:04 PM

Oh... btw... l was not kidding nor inferring that you would recognize my profile image... if you get in touch l will share my actual photos with you...

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 07:10 PM

Well Otis... you seem perhaps as discouraged as l in seeking just an exchange of thoughts relative to christian/biblical topics. (sigh)

l wish l had an avenue to somehow connect with you again. I could very much appreciate some thought-provoking, intellectual, discussions. Perhaps our paths will cross again one day... 😊

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 07:15 PM

Well Otis... you seem perhaps as discouraged as l in seeking just an exchange of thoughts relative to christian/biblical topics. (sigh)

l wish l had an avenue to somehow connect with you again. I could very much appreciate some thought-provoking, intellectual, discussions. Perhaps our paths will cross again one day... 😊