Author Thread
AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
'Faith in Humanity'
Posted : 14 Jul, 2023 05:13 PM

Do you feel that 'having faith in humanity', when weighed by your own experiences, and seeing the results of this in others lives, do you feel it is better for the benefit of your overall life, to invest yourself in truly trying to believe the best about others, or wiser to keep a distance and care about others from 'afar'?

Do you feel these verses pertain to this topic and suggest an attitude of vigilence and caution regarding 'trusting others'?

Jeremiah 17:5-10

5¶Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

6For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.

7Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

8For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

9The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

10I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

John 2:23-25

23¶Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

24But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,

25And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
'Faith in Humanity'
Posted : 14 Jul, 2023 04:47 PM

Do you feel that 'having faith in humanity', when weighed by your own experiences, and seeing the results of this in others lives, do you feel it is better for the benefit of your overall life, to invest yourself in truly trying to believe the best about others, or wiser to keep a distance and care about others from 'afar'?

Do you feel these verses pertain to this topic and suggest an attitude of vigilence and caution regarding 'trusting others'?

Jeremiah 17:5-10

5¶Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

6For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.

7Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

8For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

9The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

10I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

John 2:23-25

23¶Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

24But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,

25And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Is a passionate kiss 'fornication'?🤔 Why?... or Why not?
Posted : 18 Jul, 2022 03:09 PM

I agree, funny how such things are never discussed from the pulpit - probably because most people would not be happy to hear such a thing. God does not lower his standards, but man thinks he can judge for himself, what is... or is not... acceptable to God. (or more likely - what they think 'should be' acceptable to God 🙄😲😕😬 regardless of what they actually 'know to be' God's opinion and expectation...) God bless you James, and have a wonderful week

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Would you rather read a profile that is very detailed or one that is not?
Posted : 14 Jul, 2022 07:28 PM

l like detailed. I know what looks/sounds compatible, and what doesn't. But that's just me...

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 14 Jul, 2022 07:19 PM

Hey, l have a question I'd like to get your opinion on... I was reading in the bible and considering the topic of 'fornication'. And the question popped into my head, "Would a passionate kiss be fornication?" and then all the potential circumstances started making me wonder about the idea that if one type of passionate kiss is wrong, what of all the other scenarios? any thoughts you'd care to share?

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 14 Jul, 2022 07:16 PM

Hey, l have a question I'd like to get your opinion on... I was reading in the bible and considering the topic of 'fornication'. And the question popped into my head, "Would a passionate kiss be fornication?" and then all the potential circumstances started making me wonder about the idea that if 'one type of passionate kiss is wrong, what of all the other scenarios? any thoughts you'd care to share?🙂

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Father's Day
Posted : 18 Jun, 2022 09:47 PM

Just want to wish those of you who are loving fathers - Happy Father's Day ❤

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Are Only Certain People Suppose to Engage in 'Spiritual Warfare'? What do you know of God's expectations towards YOU regarding this subject?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2022 11:46 AM

'For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the [manner of the] flesh: for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but [instead, in being spiritual in their nature, they are more effectively] mighty, through God

- to the pulling down of strong holds;

- [to the] casting down of: imaginations, (and every high thing) that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God; andd

- [to the] bringing into captivity, every thought, to the obedience of Christ;

2 Corinthians 10:3‭-‬5 KJV

Q1: So... what might be 'the weapons of our warfare' that are 'spiritual in nature', but wielded by us, via the necessity of our being 'embodied in flesh'?

Q2: Everyone asks at some point, "What is life REALLY about?"... and, "Why am I here? What is the purpose of,... and for,... MY life?"

And if you are one who has given your life to God, through Christ, your question should be more reflective of that... being more along the lines of:

"Why am I here? What is the God-appointed purpose of,... and for,... MY life?"

Derek Prince has some rather insightful things to say on this subject so l will encourage you to check out his series on Youtube entitled:

'SPIRITUAL WARFARE'

There are 15 parts but each segment is only 10 minutes long.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_L1za0tEXFXNhigNVPTo1ibq7hQiYoNn

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Are Only Certain People Suppose to Engage in 'Spiritual Warfare'? What do you know of God's expectations towards YOU regarding this subject?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2022 11:41 AM

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the [manner of the] flesh: for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but [instead, in being spiritual in their nature, they are more effectively] mighty, through God

- to the pulling down of strong holds;

- [to the] casting down of: imaginations, (and every high thing) that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God; and

- [to the] bringing into captivity, every thought, to the obedience of Christ;

2 Corinthians 10:3‭-‬5 KJV

Q1: So... what might be 'the weapons of our warfare' that are 'spiritual in nature', but wielded by us, via the necessity of our being 'embodied in flesh'?

Q2: Everyone asks at some point, "What is life REALLY about?"... and, "Why am I here? What is the purpose of,... and for,... MY life?"

And if you are one who has given your life to God, through Christ, your question should be more reflective of that... being more along the lines of:

Derek Prince has some rather insightful things to say on this subject so l will encourage you to check out his series on Youtube entitled:

'SPIRITUAL WARFARE'

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jun, 2022 11:36 AM

weapons of our warfare' that are 'spiritual in nature', but wielded by us, via the necessity of our being 'embodied in flesh'?

Question 2: Everyone asks at some point, "What is life REALLY about?"... and, "Why am I here? What is the purpose of,... and for,... MY life?"

'SPIRITUAL WARFARE'

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10