Author Thread: Is drinking a SIN?
theDave

View Profile
History
Is drinking a SIN?
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 06:45 AM

I see a lot of people on this website that have, as a qualification, must not drink. I've never thought of drinking as a sin although I know that drinking can lead to sinning. What do you guys think?

View Profile
History
Is drinking a SIN?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 04:52 AM

///////////////////////////////////

to drink or not to drink that isth question...

20 And Noah began [to be] an husbandman,

Noah was tilling the soil or his flesh for the flesh is made ofthe dust of the ground...

and he planted a vineyard: 21 And he drank of the wine , and was drunken;

up until this time Noah was seen as a righteous man... not according to the flesh

and he was uncovered within his tent. 22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father

to look on the nakedness of your father or mother was forbidden by God

due to this sin a curse is place on ham's son Canaan; these decedents are known to be children of perversion and all sexual deviance.

gensis 19 32 Come, let us make our father drink wine , and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. 33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. 34 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, [and] lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. 35 And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. 36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. 37 And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same [is] the father of the Moabites unto this day. 38 And the younger, she also bare a son, and called his name Benammi: the same [is] the father of the children of Ammon unto this day.

the result is incest

gen 27:

25 And he said, Bring [it] near to me, and I will eat of my son's venison, that my soul may bless thee. And he brought [it] near to him, and he did eat: and he brought him wine , and he drank. 26 And his father Isaac said unto him, Come near now, and kiss me, my son. 27 And he came near, and kissed him: and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son [is] as the smell of a field which the LORD hath blessed:

the results is deception

8 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, saying, 9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: [it shall be] a statute for ever throughout your generations: 10 And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;

lev 10.

who is the tabernacle of the congregation today in the new testament? is it not the body of Christ.

judges 12:: 7 But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean [thing]: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death.

the word of God states so in the natural so in the physical frist the natural then the spiritual;

here we see God telling us that we as vessels of God's son are not to drink wine

believe me this is news to me wow

2 sam 13:28 Now Absalom had commanded his servants, saying, Mark ye now when Amnon's heart is merry with wine , and when I say unto you, Smite Amnon; then kill him, fear not: have not I commanded you? be courageous, and be valiant. {have...: or, will you not, since I have commanded you?} {valiant: Heb. sons of valour} 29 And the servants of Absalom did unto Amnon as Absalom had commanded. Then all the king's sons arose, and every man gat him up upon his mule, and fled. {gat...: Heb. rode}

partaking in his enemys wine absalom was slain!

luke 5:30 Why do the disciples of John fast often, and make prayers, and likewise [the disciples] of the Pharisees; but thine eat and drink? 34 And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? 35 But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days. 36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was [taken] out of the new agreeth not with the old. 37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. 38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved. 39 No man also having drunk old [ wine ] straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

we are to be drinking the NEW WINE we are New vessels The new wine is the blood of Christ.

but as we see about the one who drinks OLD wine likes it better then the New wine!

now people will not like to hear this as we see in the next verse ...

luke 7:

33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine ; and ye say, He hath a devil.

i have been told many times that the word i preach is of the devil how about you?

3 And when they wanted wine , the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine . 4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

the women is scripture represents the flesh and Jesus was saying to the women it's not time yet for me to lay down my life provide that New wine yet....

5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do [it]. 6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. 7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. 8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare [it]. 9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine ,

water represent the Word of God and the cleansing of the mind with the living water

and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine ; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: [but] thou hast kept the good wine until now.

we are to drink of the new wine here on earth not the old that is only for the ones perishing...for God is a God of all mercy...

acts 2:9 . 3 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine . 14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all [ye] that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is [but] the third hour of the day. 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

romans 14;

2 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way. 14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean. {unclean: Gr. common} 15 But if thy brother be grieved with [thy] meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. {charitably: Gr. according to charity} 16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of: 17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 18 For he that in these things serveth Christ [is] acceptable to God, and approved of men. 19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. 20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed [are] pure; but [it is] evil for that man who eateth with offence. 21 [It is] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine , nor [any thing] whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 22 Hast thou faith? have [it] to thyself before God. Happy [is] he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin. {doubteth: or, discerneth and putteth a difference between meats} {damned: or, condemned, or liable to punishment} 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2 Let every one of us please [his] neighbour for [his] good to edification. 3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. 4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. 5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: {according to: or, after the example of} 6 That ye may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. {reproved: or, discovered} 14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. {he: or, it} 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord [is]. 18 And be not drunk with wine , wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; 21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God

1 tim 2:3:1 This [is] a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; {of good...: or, modest} 3 Not given to wine , no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; {given...: or, ready to quarrel, and offer wrong, as one in wine } 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house

the man represnt the one born of God it is to rule over it's own house or flesh. the women in scripture reperesnt the flesh ... Eve was never called female she is the mother of all human kind

, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. {a novice: or, one newly come to the faith} 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. 8 Likewise [must] the deacons [be] grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine , not greedy of filthy lucre; 9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience. 10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being [found] blameless. 11 Even so [must their] wives [be] grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things. 12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. 13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus. {used...: or, ministered}

1 tim 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

there was a problem here with the water! this is not saying drink wine!

people will find you strange

3 For the time past of [our] life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine , revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: 4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with [them] to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of [you]: 5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. 6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

looking at these i pray the Lord will supply your answer ....

Page : 1 2