Author Thread: Am I Expecting Too Much
prov307

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 30 Oct, 2021 10:08 PM

Ladies, am I asking for or expecting too much? It seems to me that the world wants women to be rude and tough (masculine) and also to dress and carry themselves in very unwholesome ways. I would love to meet a woman who is feminine, kind, sweet, doesn't curse, doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't smoke and dresses modestly (no tight or revealing clothes) and to want to have children. I also would like her to know how to be wise financially (as in being able to save and plan for the future and not feel the need to spend every penny on clothes...). Also while its ok to shop for clothes and want to look good, it bothers me when that seems to be a lady's hobby. Ok and good diet and health and fitness are also a plus. I appreciate any advice you can give.

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 23 Jan, 2022 05:36 PM

Thanks all for the wisdom and correction. In regards to how both men and women behave. I think ultimately as Christians, there is only One we are ultimately accountable to and that is God and His Written and Living Word, Jesus Christ, our Lord. I have also recently seen some youtube videos talking about indoctrination through media (tv, news, movies, schools...). I had to wonder do all of those sources sometimes influence our thoughts and ideas on what is appropriate or what is not. If like Oscar Wilde said, "life imitates art far more than art imitates life", what are we imitating from that art?

FaithfulPilgrim

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 23 Jan, 2022 05:39 PM

Thanks all for the wisdom and correction. In regards to how both men and women behave. I think ultimately as Christians, there is only One we are ultimately accountable to and that is God and His Written and Living Word, Jesus Christ, our Lord. I have also recently seen some youtube videos talking about indoctrination through media (tv, news, movies, schools...). I had to wonder do all of those sources sometimes influence our thoughts and ideas on what is appropriate or what is not. If like Oscar Wilde said, "life imitates art far more than art imitates life", what are we imitating from that art?

prov307

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 30 Jan, 2022 10:15 AM

I have realized in my life that God has formed each Christian according to His purpose and His plan and our goal should be to become more like Him. We should definitely yield to His and not to people because He is the Father of all creation. It seems that finding a good match match may be like a puzzle where when the right mand and woman meet each other, certain likes, dislikes, interests and all just kind of line up or fall into place. In Christ, that should line up with the Word of God.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 30 Jan, 2022 07:43 PM

Prov307, you’re not asking too much at all as some of the gentlemen and ladies appear to agree.

I’ve found whenever you mention women’s provocative clothing styles you are bound to raise the ire of certain women—-and men.

Many men and women have allowed this world’s system to over ride common decency and to replace it with sinful human pride. Human pride takes on many forms.

In fact, many men would love to tow around a near naked but well endowed model girl or wife. The more skin she shows the better. Hence, the woman becomes the man’s show horse—his public trophy—but—only so long as she remains show worthy, of course.

To feed his pride, the man puts his show horse on display as often as possible. And the woman (the man’s show horse), well, she can’t resist the attention either, and, she needs to feed her pride too and she wouldn’t have it any other way. Ya see there’s plenty of pride in there for everyone. And speaking of “seeing”, that is what you get! Yogi pants or short sin tight skirts—and uppers that show it all !!

But why does men’s clothing styles generally still cover the man’s body from the neck down to his ankles—just like it has for YEARS—-and like women’s clothing styles used to??? What happened???

Why do modern men want their women to dress publicly in ways they wouldn’t ??

What would we think of a male news anchor who dressed up with a t-shirt that exposed half his chest, back and belly and if his tight pants came waaaaay up to his crouch showing nearly everything?? We’d be appalled! But now it’s ok for female anchor women to dress like that??

Why do modern women—and the men who “own” them have no shame?? Didn’t used to be that way.

as if to put her merchandise on display for all to see. trophy

Anutza^

View Profile
History
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 18 Dec, 2022 05:08 PM

I think there are ladies like that. I am myself a Christian lady who likes to be humble, dress modestly and not spend a lot on clothes. Plus I do not smoke, drink etc. I am on the other side of yours. I cannot find a man likewise my age.

I read some comments below and I do not agree with the lady who called him a mysogyn. The fact he wants a woman who dress modestly, is a choice and a good one. What's wrong with that? I would also like my man to dress decently and not showing off. 2 people in a relationship can discuss both, what bothers, what not and both should be able to accommodate these little things, but not essential Christian believes.

God bless!

Page : 1 2