Author Thread: What are we on this site for????
mariangela

View Profile
History
What are we on this site for????
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 03:27 AM

What are we on this site for????Are we here to meet a partner???So I thought? And boy oh boy, did I have a rude awakening by some....There are two types of men here in my opinion...Either, some that take a chance to pretend they are christians just to find a woman. Which I am totally not interested, and I can pick that up immediatly. But what makes me mad...really cross...is that there are some men out there, that say that they are looking for a wife, woman, but then,,, and then they get a marriage block later on,,,,they say oh in about a year or two, or maybe this or that. Really why does one waste time and emotions, and lie about what they want, AND post them selves as honest men, that are looking for a wife....I dont understand the psychology of this. Why do they bother to come to a site like this then...Do they like putting people through a emotional rollercoster. What do you think??? I honestly have come close to leaving this site because of this. ARE THESE PEOPLE NOT EVEN HONEST WITH THEM SELVES....AND THE JOKE IS IT USUSALLY MEN IN THEIR 50's

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 04:30 AM

I looked at your profile and I realize you're been hurt very badly - and I feel for you. But be sure your wounds are healed before you start looking again. Don't let your emotions and loneliness be your guide...be patient and let God work.

mariangela

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 05:42 AM

thank you david...but I did ask the holy spirit for guidance,,,to complicated to explain...

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 12:42 AM

Hello Mari,

Perhaps if the you were guided in this bad situation in your life, whatever it was, you could pull some kind of good from it. There have been times in my life that I've originally thought I was doing what God was leading me to do, but after looking back, it was the enemy that I mistook for God. Either way, you can take this hurtful time in your life and you can make something good out of it. That's up to you. I don't know if you read much or not, but if you do, I'd recommend Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer and Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. Both are very good books. Battlefield will have a more immediate effect; start there.

With love,

T

mariangela

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 04:39 AM

Thank you, I am really asking a question. Not a analysis of how hurt I am. It has been dealt with. Thank you. I have read the book you mentioned and its great really a good recommendation. A must for woman that have gone through divorce and pain.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 12:19 AM

Personally, I'm so tired of bitter women on this site I could care less if you stay or go.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 12:29 PM

Well~~~~I say we should be "better"~~not bitter~~:rolleyes:~~

It's not what happens in life but HOW you respond to it. I have every carnal reason to be bitter but how can I do that when Jesus Himself said~ "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do?"~~And He commanded us to forgive in Matthew 5:44? ~~It is a choice, not a feeling or option, but obedience to His word. Not to sound like I'm never tempted in all of this but I try to choose obedience, daily.

God bless you Bro~~from a non bitter sister in Christ. :waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 02:00 PM

I know. Thank you for that, that was actually pretty encouraging. You're right. Everybody gets hurt, and it's apparent that in this post she isn't interested in finding an answer that'll help her move on, and just wants to drag everybody down.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 03:54 PM

AMEN, Justjoey!!!

i_live_in_canada

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 11:51 PM

You know a year or two is not too long to take to get to know some one. Yes I know there are those on the flip side of that that don't want to commit at all. You have to know when you are just wasting your time and when you are using your time well. Don't rush it. I was like that before and ended up with some horrible results. People can seam great in the beginning but give them some time to show there true self. Patents is very important in choosing the right life partner. Think about how much time you put into other decisions in your life. Things like choosing a car or a career. Does finding the right partner not require just as much and more thought and time. Number one is to be happy with your self first and then have some one to add to your life.

Best of wishes!

mariangela

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 04:17 PM

well that pretty rude, coming from a christian, dont you think.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5