Author Thread: What are we on this site for????
mariangela

View Profile
History
What are we on this site for????
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 03:27 AM

What are we on this site for????Are we here to meet a partner???So I thought? And boy oh boy, did I have a rude awakening by some....There are two types of men here in my opinion...Either, some that take a chance to pretend they are christians just to find a woman. Which I am totally not interested, and I can pick that up immediatly. But what makes me mad...really cross...is that there are some men out there, that say that they are looking for a wife, woman, but then,,, and then they get a marriage block later on,,,,they say oh in about a year or two, or maybe this or that. Really why does one waste time and emotions, and lie about what they want, AND post them selves as honest men, that are looking for a wife....I dont understand the psychology of this. Why do they bother to come to a site like this then...Do they like putting people through a emotional rollercoster. What do you think??? I honestly have come close to leaving this site because of this. ARE THESE PEOPLE NOT EVEN HONEST WITH THEM SELVES....AND THE JOKE IS IT USUSALLY MEN IN THEIR 50's

Guitarman67

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 08:39 PM

ya a good place to be with crist.. ifyou are on this site write again i enjoyed your coments..

lucy14

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2010 08:22 AM

I found your post really good and funny (the bit about the couch) I was like that with my mattress!! lol

Yeh it is certainly charachter buiding to get hurt ..and also makes you more able to empathise with others....

I think also we have to be realistic...you cannot get to know someone in a few weeks days months ...even years...I was married to a guy for 5 yrs...and then found out he was living a double life.!! Sooo can we ever really know some folks...

It takes time and patience....to learn to trust .I wish everyone on here all the best....

carmi

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2010 05:57 AM

This reply from David Reed is very heart-warming and encouraging. It is true many professing Christians, both men and women have at some point been hurt and deceived by others with ulterior motives. It should not happen but it does and utmost care and discernment is needed to safeguard oneself from such pretenders and deceivers.

God always protects us when we ask for it and He will also remove from our path those that could cause us greater harm.

Men on this site are cautious and quite guarded when it comes to real commiment. Women are much more on the emotional side and may easily think the relationship is homeward bound when it has not yet really taken off (from the men's viewpoint), so the conflict is understandable.

It is best to communicate for about a year and then keep praying for God's will and purpose to unfold.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Dec, 2010 10:09 AM

To find the right fit. This takes time. I'm sure of it.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5