Author Thread: The Call to Grow in Knowledge
AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
The Call to Grow in Knowledge
Posted : 14 Feb, 2022 12:33 PM

Does anyone know of a forum where people actually debate biblical topics using scripture-based answers and manage to act like intelligent, reasoning and respectable adults?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2022 09:57 PM

Hi Kitty, sounds like you oughta start by joining the biblical forum here.

You’re intelligent, well written, have a good sense of humor and you’ve got class!

Clearly you’ve got what it takes!! Come to biblical!! 😀

Not only that, you’re interested in discussing the Bible and I think you have things worth sharing! So get yourself over to Biblical‼️

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Mar, 2022 05:42 AM

(I am simply posting the same reply to you're invitation here, as l did in the 'Ask a Guy' thread. Again, 'Thanks... but no thanks.')

Little David, l appreciate the invite, but l've quietly checked it out a number of times over an extended period of time and l am certain there is nothing there for me.

l don't consider name calling and demeaning other people as individuals, simply because one does not agree with their particular thoughts regarding biblical topics, worthy of being called 'a christian debate'.

l am not trying to be unnecessarily ugly, but what l see there reminds me very much of 3rd grade schoolyard bullying by 2 against 1. That is my truly honest opinion. And it gets reinforced each time l slip in and quietly observe and consider, what is layed out for all the world to see as 'the best each party has to offer'. I, as a believer, find it shameful and childish. These words of mine are not coming from a place of harshness... they are, sadly, my honest appraisal.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2022 03:39 PM

You’re not being “ugly” at all. You respectfully stated your opinion and there’s nothing wrong with that.

As scripture says, iron sharpens iron and like you stated in your profile, we are a work in progress.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2022 06:27 PM

I would like to ask just a few other questions and discuss a few observations with you regarding subject matter on your thread here or just on the guy thread or both if you would like. Thanks