Author Thread: Peace... why does it feel so elusive? If you'd care to share your thoughts, l welcome the chance to hear what you think.
AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Peace... why does it feel so elusive? If you'd care to share your thoughts, l welcome the chance to hear what you think.
Posted : 7 Apr, 2022 05:42 PM

As for me... l wrote this just a bit ago, concerning my thoughts on where l am, today... l'd like to share it with you: "l am in the keeping of my Heavenly Father... He will lead me through each moment if l give to Him, the fullness of my day. l am, learning to be 'content'. It is a difficult lesson for those of us who still seek to find joy in something we don't have, but nonetheless, desire. To understand that l must be content in the moment, not always longing for other things, is teaching me where it is that l can, at last, find the presence of peace, in each moment. 🙂 As for me... l... am... 'good'!..."

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Peace... why does it feel so elusive? If you'd care to share your thoughts, l welcome the chance to hear what you think.
Posted : 11 Apr, 2022 08:46 AM

Personally, I feel at peace most of the time. I am blessed with two jobs I love, wonderful friends, neighbors, and relatives. And I am happy and healthy, blessed immeasurably by God with all the basic necessities of life.

Looking back, often the times I was not at peace were when I was not putting God first, and thus not generating the internal peace that God offers freely.

On a different level, that of world peace, freedom from war and violent conflict, we humans need to seek to settle differences fairly and peacefully under God's leadership instead of behaving with greed and selfishness. Since World War II I feel much progress has been made in this regard, but such peace remains elusive, as daily news stories indicate. We still don't seek to discern and follow God's leading enough. We still don't seek to listen enough to the views of of others and to seek fairness rather than our own desires.

Aisel930^

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2022 09:37 AM

I believe peace isn't elusive,, it's just there standing at your door -- Jesus is the Prince of peace.. it's just that,, more often than not we bypass Him thinking our route is way more convenient and easier not knowing this will cause more delays in His perfect plan for us.. we get disheartened and hopeless,, it affects our peace.. but our God is a loving God,, He wants us to understand and apply Psalm 23:1,, then Jeremiah 29:13 and John 14:27.. I hope it helps.. God bless!!

Caleb90

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2022 02:15 AM

Peace. The kind that is lasting is available Christ, but not easily attainable because we live in a fallen world. Thankfully though, His grace is great, and leaning on Him gives us the best opportunity to start having peace now. But, even better, leaning on Him, trusting in Him with our lives now means that we have a guarantee that we'll have His everlasting peace in full throughout eternity in the New Creation to come.