Author Thread: Fast days !
mitzyme

View Profile
History
Fast days !
Posted : 23 Jun, 2022 02:37 PM

Zechariah 8:19

"Thus says the Lord of Hosts: The fast of the fourth month, the fast of the fifth, the fast of the seventh and the fast of the tenth, shall be a joy and gladness and cheerful feasts for the house of Judah. Therefore love truth and peace ! "

Any details about these fests?

Thanks

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Fast days !
Posted : 23 Jun, 2022 06:14 PM

I thought this short article by “got questions” might help.

Author: Zechariah 1:1 identifies the author of the Book of Zechariah as the Prophet Zechariah.

Date of Writing: The Book of Zechariah was likely written in two primary segments, between 520 and 470 B.C.

Purpose of Writing: Zechariah emphasized that God has used His prophets to teach, warn, and correct His people. Unfortunately, they refused to listen. Their sin brought God’s punishment. The book also bears evidence that even prophecy could be corrupted. History shows that in this period prophecy fell into disfavor among the Jews, leading to the period between the Testaments when no lasting prophetic voice spoke to God’s people.

Key Verses:

Zechariah 1:3, "Therefore tell the people: This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Return to me,' declares the LORD Almighty, 'and I will return to you,' says the LORD Almighty."

Zechariah 7:13, "'When I called, they did not listen; so when they called, I would not listen,' says the LORD Almighty."

Zechariah 9:9, "Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey."

Zechariah 13:9, "This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'"

Brief Summary: The Book of Zechariah teaches that salvation may be obtained by all. The last chapter depicts peoples from all over the world coming to worship God, who desires that all people follow Him. This is not the doctrine of universalism, i.e., that all people would be saved because it is God’s nature to save. Rather, the book teaches that God desires that all people worship Him and accepts those who do, regardless of their national or political expressions. Finally, Zechariah preached that God is sovereign over this world, any appearance to the contrary notwithstanding. His visions of the future indicate that God sees all that will happen. The depictions of God’s intervention in the world teach that ultimately He will bring human events to the end He chooses. He does not eliminate the individual’s freedom to follow God or rebel, but holds people responsible for the choices they make. In the last chapter, even the forces of nature respond to God’s control.

Foreshadowings: Prophecies about Jesus Christ and the messianic era abound in Zechariah. From the promise that Messiah would come and dwell in our midst (Zechariah 2:10-12; Matthew 1:23) to the symbolism of the Branch and the Stone (Zechariah 3:8-9, 6:12-13; Isaiah 11:1; Luke 20:17-18) to the promise of His Second Coming where they who pierced Him will look upon Him and mourn (Zechariah 12:10; John 19:33-37), Christ is the theme of the Book of Zechariah. Jesus is the Savior of Israel, a fountain whose blood covers the sins of all who come to Him for salvation (Zechariah 13:1; 1 John 1:7).

Practical Application: God expects sincere worship and moral living of us today. Zechariah’s example of breaking through national prejudice reminds us to reach out into all areas of our society. We must extend God’s invitation of salvation to people of all national origins, languages, races, and cultures. That salvation is only available through the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross, who died in our place to atone for sin. But if we reject that sacrifice, there is no other sacrifice through which we can be reconciled to God. There is no other name under heaven by which men are saved (Acts 4:12). There is no time to lose; today is the day of salvation (2 Corinthians 6:2).

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Fast days !
Posted : 23 Jun, 2022 06:17 PM

TeddyHug falsely believes all believers must keep the OT law. This is contrary to the book of Galatians.

Teddy will no doubt come on soon with his teachings on this as well

mitzyme

View Profile
History
Fast days !
Posted : 24 Jun, 2022 10:36 PM

When you stop offending others, and criticize others, maybe.....maybe i will read your reply?

The verse talks about 4 fast days for the 4 months.

Did you read in the Bible about it? What is your though? Not someone else? Not from an article??? Or a book???

Do you understand simple questions? Simple answers?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Fast days !
Posted : 25 Jun, 2022 09:38 AM

Mitzyme, you’re being hilarious.

You said thanks to my reply at first, then, the TeddyBug came on with his regular abuse of me, his false accusations and lies about me and you AGREE with him‼️

Then when I try to defend myself against his false accusations and lies, you falsely accuse me of “persecution other Christians”‼️‼️

You accepted the TeddyHugs lies about me whole hog without reservation or the slightest qualm. ABSOLUTELY NO FACT CHECKING

You owe this forum an apology for participating in a form of religious bigotry and prejudiced partiality because you refuse, by your own admission, to thoroughly check out the facts or even to appeal to the facts at hand.

You ask questionss on an open forum then severely and falsely accuse, caricaturize and castigate others who offer answers

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History
Fast days !
Posted : 28 Jun, 2022 08:01 AM

Folks is this littledavid for real or what and talk about 'being hilarious' and much more so a false accuser! Where in this thread in which littledavid is commenting in does Teddyhug give any 'regular abuse' according to littledavid??? Its actually the other way around and Mitzyme is calling you out on it just as many have in the past like Quiznos, Morgan, Jayzeee etc...!

For the record folks, here is what littledavid said about me and I have not even posted on this thread!!! WOW! And he has the notion I'm the one giving 'false accusations and lies' ??? Where did I post in this thread and Mitzyme is 'agreeing with me' according to littledavid??? So why would you need to 'defend' yourself when I said nothing in this thread littledavid??? You lost in what thread you are in as usual littledavid???

Lets help littledavid realize what he actually said and Mitzyme called him out on it, in how littledavid 'out of the blue' starts in on HIS (not Teddyhug saying anything here) RANT and false accusations, assumptions and therefore actual lies in which I have not said in this thread!

QUOTE of littledavid - 'TeddyHug falsely believes all believers must keep the OT law. This is contrary to the book of Galatians. Teddy will no doubt come on soon with his teachings on this as well' END QUOTE ?????????????????????????????????????????

Then Mitzyme says this (and rightly so!) because she notices the disrespectfulness from what littledavid posted in the above quote about Ted, she says QUOTE - 'When you stop offending others, and criticize others, maybe.....?' Its a simple statement and common sense reasoning from Mitzyme because she sees the judgmental abuse from littledavid toward me OBVIOUSLY and I'M NOT EVEN IN THIS THREAD YET until now! WOWSA!

Talk about - 'ABSOLUTELY NO FACT CHECKING' on the part of littledavid in this very thread and his lack of understanding what thread he is in BUT that is NOT what is all that is going on here BECAUSE the thread and SUBJECT is about 'FASTING DAYS' and NOT about Teddyhug! And so littledavid goes 'whole hog' in posting a OFF TOPIC article by “got questions” about the prophet Zechariah talking about how Father YHWH used His prophets to teach, warn, and correct His people and unfortunately, they refused to listen, just as littledavid refuses to listen to what the ACTUAL SUBJECT is in this thread to discuss!!!??? Why does he keep doing this Mitzyme and readers??? Why is he so disrespectful of this forum also in copy and paste, when its suppose to be a discussion from REAL people that exist on this forum and not websites but about the Bible, LET ALONE answering the question as Mitzyme says to do and she PROPERLY corrects littledavid that he needs to get back to the SUBJECT when she says - QUOTE - 'The verse talks about 4 fast days for the 4 months.' (HELLO littledavid, anybody home???) 'Did you read in the Bible about it? (HELLO littledavid, are you participating in this thread or NOT???) 'What is your thought? (HELLO littledavid???) Not someone else? (HELLO littledavid, not someone else that is NOT on this forum and is therefore REAL???) 'Not from an article??? Or a book??? (HELLO littledavid, this is a BIBLE discussion forum!!!???) 'Do you understand simple questions? Simple answers?' (HELLO littledavid, anybody home???) LMBO!

So did I say anything about 'OT law' and link it in any way 'to the book of Galatians'??? NOPE! This makes AGAIN littledavid as wanting to be a LIAR and to continue to sin! He said I 'no doubt' will 'come on soon' in this thread 'with' (dreamed up by littledavid ) supposedly some kind of 'teachings' by Teddyhug outside the context of Scripture???? Where is it then? Where is the proof?

And where is Mitzyme's so called 'participating in a form of religious bigotry and prejudiced partiality' according to littledavid??? Is it obvious littledavid is the one participating in 'religious bigotry' in the form of false accusations toward originally Teddyhug in this thread and NOW Mitzyme for just noticing and calling littledavid out about his sin??? So who owes WHO an apology on this forum with the OBVIOUS EVIDENCE posted above for all to READ IN ITS CONTEXT??? Right readers?

Finally littledavid says and dreams up toward Mitzyme actual posts and says she is the one to - 'falsely accuse, caricaturize and castigate others who offer answers' according to littledavid YET when you scroll up to read his copy and paste it HAS NO ANSWERS TO THE ACTUAL SUBJECT OF >>>FASTING DAYS<<<!!!??? GEESH! Is he blind or what readers????

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Fast days !
Posted : 28 Jun, 2022 09:25 AM

TeddyHug, Thanks treating us to another one of your incoherent, rambling and nonsensical posts.

At least your posts are exactly consistent with your all your many other anti-biblical, anti-Christ false beliefs which includes your unscientific mythological FLAT EARTH FAIRYTALE beliefs that you hang on to with an air tight closed mind.

Of course your 3 friends, who also have promoted their own brands of false teachings on the forums, like it when you post your falsehoods against me.

It’s amazing how false teachers of various stripes, who are often in opposition to one another, suddenly start agreeing with each other when opposing someone like me who is willing to expose and oppose all false teachers.

Which reminds me of the times Jesus opposed and exposed all the false teachers in his day.

Remember when the false teaching Sadducees and the false teaching Pharisees, who often fought one another, suddenly became “friends” in their opposition against Jesus‼️‼️‼️‼️⁉️

Remember when truth hating Pilate and pervert Herod were in opposition to one another but became friends when Jesus came up for trial ?

At least Herod and Pilate knew Jesus was innocent of the crimes the false teachers were falsely accusing Jesus of but sadly, Herod and Pilate ultimately joined the false teachers by rejecting Jesus. It was Pilate who eventually sent the innocent man Jesus to the cross‼️‼️ He did it to placate the false teachers‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

So it’s nothing new when false teachers like FlatEarthTeddyHug and his false teaching “friends” join forces in opposition to the Bible truth I teach.

False teachers hate the truth because it exposes them for what they are—false believers

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History
Fast days !
Posted : 28 Jun, 2022 09:57 AM

READERS, Its always 'incoherent, rambling and nonsensical posts' when littledavid has been EXPOSED of his devilish ways and unproven accusations. What's OBVIOUS is we have a NEW POSTER, Mitzyme, that CLEARLY has identified liitledavid as a trouble maker, false accuser when I have NOT even posted yet!

So of course what's he to do but post MORE distractions that are not even on the subject of 'FASTING DAYS' with none other than OF TOPIC posts from a website that has NOTHING to do with the subject!!!???

So when he has no answer or apology for his disrespectfulness to our new forum poster and me, its simply according to him 'incoherent, rambling and nonsensical posts' RIGHT READERS???

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Fast days !
Posted : 28 Jun, 2022 12:28 PM

Once again, the false teacher and flat earth mythology believer TeddyHug doesn’t think people will check the thread I initially posted on with Mitzyme.

So here’s a summary of events the TeddyBug doesn’t want you to see on that thread.

First, Mitzyme thanked me for my first reply.

Enter the false teacher and false accuser TeddyHug with his sudden false accusations against me and his false teachings.

Next, I tried to defend myself against Teddy’s false accusations.

At that point Mitzyme, for some strange reason, agreed with the false teacher—perhaps she agrees with Teddy’s mythical flat earth cosmology.

Worse yet, when I defended myself against Teddy’s lies, Mitzyme suddenly attacked me from outa nowhere but said absolutely nothing about the TeddyHug attacks against me‼️‼️

So, as anyone can read, the TeddyHug is up to his same O’ tricks—attacking and then falsely accusing others of attacking him first.

Mitzyme has arbitrarily set herself up as the the judge deciding who she wants to defend and who she wants to demonize. But that’s ok, we have the freedom to choose but obviously she has chosen to ignore the facts.