Author Thread: looking for an oldfashoned Christian
anond3rp

View Profile
History
looking for an oldfashoned Christian
Posted : 25 Mar, 2023 12:22 PM

i have not had much success in finding a wife.

at 45 an never married i would say i am an expert at the topic.

if i am going to churches & websites & local groups but not making any connections i am obviously missing a crucial point of interest.

what can the ladies tell me for advice so i can find a person to make a home with before i die lonely from grief?

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2023 03:26 PM

Hi. I read your profile to see what kind of wife you are looking for and since you have a "list" of reqirements I would visit communities with the kind of women you seek. I guess they are to be found in spesific churches if not anywhere else.

I am not sure if women like the ones you are seeking are that common online, so meeting them in person is probably your best chance.

For what you can do, there is of cause be the best version of yourself. Be hard working, kind, serving, well groomed (clean and well dressed), ambitious, and live wholeheartedly for God. If you do those things and wander in communities hosting the kind of women you want it would probably be possible to catch some of those womens eyes.

Good luck and enjoy the search!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2023 04:40 PM

Notsettling

Have good advice!

I think your profile is good, compared to many many I've read on this site.

It's almost impossible on here to meet a serious Christian minded Man.

Probably better to join a relationship site geared towards Marriage. Imo

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2023 04:47 PM

However,

I will add "dress" like women in pants and short hair has nothing to do with Salvation.

Although some churches have Rules . And it's Your personal choices.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2023 06:26 PM

Following the commands and examples of the Bible is not an easy thing to do. 1 John 2:15-17 says dont love the things of the world - but wow ! that eliminates so much. the Amish would fit into the category of how to dress properly and work hard. But they don't even use electricity or computers. And are you ready to give up your car or other transportation? I agree it might be hard to find that old-fashioned girl on a dating site...but I have no suggestions to give you except to spend some time in thought. Take pen to paper and make a list of what you want your wife to be like and beside it a list of what the world offers in reality. Then see if you are willing to make any type of change on either list. good luck.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 12:15 AM

I can agree with the fact that women with ALL of those values are very rare, and might be common only in societies like the amish.

Still there are quite a lot of traditional women who might, like me, accept to wear only dresses/skirts if their husband wanted it that way, still most of us have already been cutting our hair and piercing our ears so it isn't that easy to turn that around.

But any man is allowed to have his own preferences and standards. No women are allowed to frown upon a man staying single until he can find what he wants. If they frown they are jealous for him not picking them, or because they themselves can't find a man who fulfills their own list of requirements.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 08:06 AM

I’m not a girl and don’t dress like one either 🤣 l just wanted to respectfully weigh in concerning your request.

First of all, you might want to explain what an “old fashioned Christian” is. “Old fashioned Christian” could mean a lot of things, even including being the follower of a dead fake healing 19th century false prophet, like William Marrion Branham, who once claimed to be a prophet with the anointing of Elijah who had arrived on the scene to prepare for Christ's second coming‼️‼️Some of his followers were considered “doomsday cultists"‼️‼️ You can’t make this stuff up‼️‼️

So you see, “old fashioned Christian” could mean much more than just merely “old fashioned”

Second. Make sure you understand the Bible’s definition of what it means to be a true “Christian”.

Jesus warns us here in Matthew 7: 21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’

23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Early16

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2023 07:47 AM

I

websterelm

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2023 02:30 PM

If you have a list..you failed from the start..people are not machines or groceries..forget..a list..listen to your heart..try and notice the butterflies..the quickening heart..putting pressure..a list..on love puts it in a box..let the light shine..let nature take it's course..there is a reason they say..you find love..when you are not looking

anond3rp

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2023 04:08 PM

replying to the ladies and the fellows who responded. thank you for your guidance. i do appreciate your help.

in referance to a few the way a person is old fashioned, or not worldly is by being in Love with Jesus and doing as He said to do. because you Love Him. not because it is a law. that according to scriptures is including dress, lifestyle, and presentation. and yes. if a minister qualifies according to the Bible to be prophetic then he was a prophet. all things according to the Bible. nothing more. nothing less.

Early16

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2023 09:00 PM

I type it by mistakes. Sometimes when we become too desperate, things will not go smoothly. However, if we just let things on its own you will just be surprised that it was given to you at the right time. I know it's hard to wait but it will be worthy.

Page : 1 2