Author Thread: Experience' preferred over chastity?
NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Experience' preferred over chastity?
Posted : 8 May, 2023 04:34 PM

This came up in the 'Ask Guys' section, with the saving sex for marriage thread..

Some great points were brought up and many great responses were given.

It's not once that I have heard it asked, 'How do you know you are compatible without trying it out?' , which is a complete oxymoron.. as sex should always involve trust and respect, not be about competition having to 'prove' your validity..

Not to mention the obvious that God already said in His Word that we should FLEE from immorality, not run towards it, so we can prove something.

I found it spot on that one brother wrote.. people who experimented sexually, instead of having an imprint on the other person, rather imprinted on the physical act..

They bonded with the sexual activity, instead of forming an intimate connection with the human being.

That is what I think happens a lot..

I have heard people say their primary reason for marrying after divorce was to have sex.. and also horrible things about single people not being 'marriage material', because we cannot possible do XYZ in the bedroom...

How callous is that?!

Many singles are sexual too - but we still prefer to be faithful guardians over that gift., instead of experimenting here and there. hoping to find someone we can 'click' with.

Honestly, you don't have to go to any physical contact to know if there is chemistry...

I believe there is natural sensitivity to detect it. when the person has not been desensitised through various encounters.

There is hope, even after messing around - going 'cold turkey' can really reset one's mind and give back the 'factory settings', so to speak

And ultimately, none of us are better in the eyes of God in any way:

Experience is nothing, nor is the lack of it, but what matters is new creation in Christ ..

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 May, 2023 04:37 PM

It's really a messed up world, when Christians are saying that singles aren't eligible to marry because we haven't been sleeping around.

.. while encouraging an supporting those in their third or fourth marriage.

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 May, 2023 03:33 PM

"while encouraging an supporting those in their third or fourth marriage."

people pick and choose what parts of the bible suites them best unfortunately.