Author Thread: Series on the book of proverbs
Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Series on the book of proverbs
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 09:14 AM

I am going to start a series on the book of proverbs. Here's the three themes from the Dr. David Jeremiah study Bible: 1. Wisdom for everyone 2. Living Skillfully, from God's Point of view and taking wisdom to heart. I have heard that the book of Proverbs helps you to relate to people better God's way and this proves true. May you blessed as God's people and act like the way we are supposed to act, we are called to be different from the world, praise the LORD.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 09:26 AM

Evangelist

Dr David Jeremiah

Is a good teacher of scripture as I said before.

Hopefully no naysayers will criticize his teaching.

Plus

No man is Perfect but some think they are here.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 09:33 AM

No one is perfect except Jesus, Moonlight7, nobody else.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 10:13 AM

Thanks for the post StreetEvangelist‼️‼️

David Jeremiah says some REALLY good things as I stressed before. So I’m glad you are getting some good things from him.

I also said that DJ is generally a good sound Bible teacher but with just a few quirks. That doesn’t mean a person can’t benefit from his teaching.

Nevertheless, that doesn’t mean that David Jeremiah is beyond correction. So you need to be aware of the bad and the good so you’re not lead astray but his or anyone’s mistakes.

Even the Apostle Paul had to correct the actions taken by the Apostle Peter as detailed in the Letter to the Galatians.

But here’s the thing, the Apostle Peter accepted Paul’s rebuke and correction “in front of everyone” and Peter changed course. He didn’t start falsely accusing Paul and start making up lies about him.

See Galatians 2:11-21, Peter’s mistake actually lead others and even Barnabas astray‼️‼️ That’s why error MUST stopped in its tracks‼️‼️

And get this, in a different letter Peter spoke warmly of Paul. He said this: 2 Peter3:15Consider also that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our 👉beloved brother Paul👈 also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him. 16He writes this way in all his letters,g speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which 👉👉👉ignorant and unstable people distort👈👈 as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 10:15 AM

Edit: a “but” up there should should have been a “by”

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 03:57 PM

To God be the glory, littledavid. I just got done with Proverbs 1 and here are the major themes of this chapter: The Beginning of Knowledge, Shun Evil Counsel and The Call of Wisdom. This chapter details the benefits of recieving God's wisdom and the curses of rejecting it. May God help us to stay on the way of wisdom and reject the way of foolishness which comes from us satan himself in Jesus name.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 03:58 PM

To God be the glory, littledavid. I just got done with Proverbs 1 and here are the major themes of this chapter: The Beginning of Knowledge, Shun Evil Counsel and The Call of Wisdom. This chapter details the benefits of recieving God's wisdom and the curses of rejecting it. May God help us to stay on the way of wisdom and reject the way of foolishness which comes from us satan himself in Jesus name.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 04:13 PM

Wisdom comes from God .

Holy Spirit should be the leader enen trying to teach the Bible.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 04:15 PM

" when " trying to teach the Bible.

corrected

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 05:23 PM

Amen to that Moonlight7.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2023 08:42 AM

I just got done with Proverbs 8 through 10 today which talk about THE EXCELLENCE OF WISDOM, THE WAY OF WISDOM, THE WAY OF FOLLY AND WISE SAYINGS OF SOLOMON. Lets be wise Christians today.

Page : 1 2