Author Thread: GotQuestions.org and Copyright Policy
Contented_

View Profile
History
GotQuestions.org and Copyright Policy
Posted : 8 Jun, 2023 09:35 AM

Since this has been a topic of concern of late in the "Biblical Questions and Discussion" section, I decided

post here after visiting GotQuestions.org.

This is just a portion of their copyright policy.

Copyright Policy: Articles may be freely printed and distributed, emailed, or shared online provided they are not sold for profit and Got Questions Ministries is clearly identified as the author.

Quotes from article text may be shared on a website or social media account as long as no more than 200 words per article are used and Got Questions Ministries is clearly identified as the author.

Hope this helps to add clarification.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2023 09:54 AM

Thanks for the clarification, Contented.

Very helpful!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2023 09:57 AM

I wasn’t even aware of the 200 word policy limit‼️‼️🤭

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2023 10:14 AM

Looks like there is a distinction between copying and pasting an entire article and/or quoting a 200 word portion from a given article?

Contented_

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2023 10:35 AM

I'm not sure of all the details LD, but in my brief correspondence with the organization, I found them to be a sincere group of volunteers who are grateful to share their content.

They simply ask to be acknowledged as the author. 

This is a portion of their correspondence to me:

"Thanks for emailing us. If GotQuestions.org is clearly cited as the source, we are happy for our articles to be used and shared. The work and the glory are the Lord’s! We have direct share links for social media. Noting GotQuestions.org as the source and providing url links to the original article works well for citing any of our content on another site."

It seems like a small "ask" in comparison to all they provide. I personally enjoy seeing URL links because I can click on and go directly there for more info.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2023 02:52 PM

Thanks for sharing all that Contented_

I’ve used Got Questions for quite some time and l’m proud to say l use them with confidence.

I agree with almost everything they write except when they claim the Genesis creation account can explained in other ways than just the 24 hour, 6 day creation account.

But even Hebrew scholars, some of whom reject the 6 day creation interpretation, say it was the only interpretation understood by the ancient Hebrews and Moses who received it direct from God.

Contented_

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2023 04:16 PM

You're welcome friend, glad I could contribute. I've heard that theory over the years as well. The six day creation always worked for me.

Our God is an Awesome God, and He can do whatever He wants ... whenever He wants ... any way He wants.