Author Thread: Celebrating trials according to scripture
Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Celebrating trials according to scripture
Posted : 10 Jun, 2023 09:03 AM

The scriptures i'm going to base this discussion on are Romans 5:1-5 and James 1:2-8. How can we celebrate trials according to Scripture? We as Christians only can do this through the power of the Holy Spirit as an act of the will. It is human nature to complain when things don't go our way but Scripture states otherwise and complaining only weakens our Christian witness. Take the Israelites as an example, look what it did to them. Praise is God's language, complaining is the devil's language. Let's be people who praise Jesus no matter what the circumstances as stated in 1 Thess 5:16-18 and Phil 4:4-13 and be positive in Jesus name no matter what. The world is watching to see if we will respond out of God's Spirit instead of reacting our flesh. I realize that i'm preaching to myself too, i fail in this area and need to be better no matter what the circumstances, this topic is very convicting for me too and i pray that this topic will convict and motivate all of us as Christians to be more positive in Jesus Christ in Jesus' name.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2023 09:49 AM

Great message‼️‼️‼️

Trails are the things God has chosen to use as instruments of our sanctification.

They test and verify our faith, our trust and our belief in God.

Tests and trials prove the faith of true believers but such trials also expose the false faith of shallow “Christians”.

Example of a false believer: Charles Darwin supposedly a believer turns against belief in God after his daughter dies.

Charles Darwin’s trials in life only proved that his faith in God wasn’t real

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2023 09:51 AM

Also, your post shows how people can be “positive” about belief in Jesus in a biblically consistent way.

THANKS for posting ‼️‼️

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2023 09:56 AM

To God be the Glory, littledavid. No credit taken.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2023 10:17 AM

Additional note for my post about Charles Darwin:

Stories about Charles Darwin’s belief in God on his deathbed keep thriving but there’s no historical justification for that claim.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2023 10:27 AM

You learn something new everyday, thanks for telling me littledavid.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2023 11:06 AM

Good post Streetevangelist !

God can use Men like yourself, teaching Truth .

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2023 05:34 PM

To God be the glory, Moonlight7. No credit taken.