Author Thread: Being Honest with God about your hurts and failures according to scripture
Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Being Honest with God about your hurts and failures according to scripture
Posted : 11 Jun, 2023 04:38 PM

The scripture passages i'm going to base this discussion on are Psalm 42 and 51 and 1 Jn 1:9. Why do we need to be honest with God about your hurts and failures and repent of these things with His help? Because Jesus is perfect and reliable and human beings are not. But that doesn't mean we don't need other believers to walk us through these things and encourage us, for we definitely do according to Phil 2:1-4 and other passages in the new testament for we can't do the Christian life alone. And i admit i don't deserve to have my relationship with Jesus, my present blessings and what i will have in the future with my ministry, being married to my future wife and kids but God gives these blessings to me because of His grace. I admit that i've made many stupid mistakes but Jesus still loves me anyway. This teaching is really convicting me again and i pray it does too in Jesus' name and helps all of us to keep clear accounts with God and others.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2023 06:46 PM

God's blessings are endless according to His mercy to Us.

God welcomes our prayers. He is much more concerned about our hearts than our eloquence.

Heard a wonderful message this evening on the message of the Cross. Holy Spirit filled minister! God never changes, He's always the same now and Forever.

Testimony to the miracles of God still today.

Praise the Lord 🙌🙌

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2023 07:05 PM

Thanks for your encouragment, Moonlight7. I need it right now, i'm feeling mighty low right now and need a lot of healing from the LORD and other believers who truly care.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2023 05:21 AM

Exactly right SE‼️‼️

God already knows all about our sins, failures and hurts. So we may as well confess them to him.

Confess means to “say the same thing as”. When we confess to God, we must say the same thing God says about our sins and our failures to obey and believe him.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2023 07:46 AM

Thank God the Holy Spirit leading Streetevangelist.

He speaks to the heart of those who trust and believes.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2023 04:28 PM

Praise the LORD and thanks for your encouragment Moonlight7.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2023 06:01 AM

You're welcome evangelist! Stay positive and continue following the Holy Spirit's leading.

🙏

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2023 04:20 PM

That's what i just needed to hear, Moonlight7.