Author Thread: Did the Apostle Paul compliment the righteous Berean Jews just because they gullibly believed everything Paul said or because they examined the scripture to prove what Paul said was from God⁉️⁉️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Did the Apostle Paul compliment the righteous Berean Jews just because they gullibly believed everything Paul said or because they examined the scripture to prove what Paul said was from God⁉️⁉️
Posted : 13 Jun, 2023 09:22 AM

Acts 17:11 New International Version

Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Take note of the character of noble Berean Jews as compared to the bitter Thessalonian Jews.

Some of those at Thessalonian, like many close-minded groups today, just get mad or call names or falsely accuse and hate those who tell the truth.

Worst of all, they won’t even bother to study and check the scripture to see what their pastors say is true. They just gullibly believe everything‼️ But they attack others who tell the truth, see Acts7 for full details

The noble and righteous Berean Jews, on the other hand, were open-minded and listened to Paul and then checked out and proved what Paul said with scripture.

Many today people warn about false teachers and tell the truth but they get attacked by foolish gullibles

This is another reason we have so many false teachings in the churches today.

People don’t and won’t study the Bible and they won’t even bother finding how it’s done. They want their pastor to do all the work for them just like a baby in a baby chair expects others to feed it.

So how can such lazy disobedient people make sure their pastors are telling the truth—-they can’t.

Instead they swallow everything their pastors say just like stupid fish swallow fishhooks covered with tempting bait.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Did the Apostle Paul compliment the righteous Berean Jews just because they gullibly believed everything Paul said or because they examined the scripture to prove what Paul said was from God⁉️⁉️
Posted : 13 Jun, 2023 04:45 PM

PRAISE THE LORD FOR YOU POSTING THIS LITTLEDAVID. IF IT'S ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE IT'S OF GOD. IF IT ISN'T THEN IT'S OF THE DEVIL, SIMPLE AS THAT!!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2023 05:33 PM

Yes, the Holy Spirit inspired the following scripture warnings about being naive and gullible:

Acts 17:11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Proverbs 14:15-16 Amplified Bible (AMP) The naive or inexperienced person [is easily misled and] believes every word he hears, But the prudent man [is discreet and astute and] considers well where he is going. A wise man suspects danger and cautiously avoids evil, But the fool is arrogant and careless.

Proverbs 14:15 A gullible person will believe anything, but a sensible person will confirm the facts.

Sadly, too many Christians believe everything they hear without fact checking. They trust their pastor or church more than they trust the Bible.

Gullible people get mad when Bible verses are cited that are contrary to their church’s shallow teachings or are contrary to the shallow teachings of their favorite preacher.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2023 05:38 PM

Amen to that LittleDavid.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2023 07:03 PM

I think my own past gullibility has made me more cautious in my later years. Sometimes when I think I’m not gullible that’s when I mess up

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2023 09:12 PM

Thank God that you are admitting this Littledavid. It's a good lesson we all need to learn and not repeat the same mistakes.