Author Thread: You cannot change your past and the consequences that go with it but you can make right godly choices in the present and future
Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
You cannot change your past and the consequences that go with it but you can make right godly choices in the present and future
Posted : 20 Jun, 2023 05:33 PM

The scriptures i'm going to base this topic on are Deut 30:11-20 and Gal 6:7-10. Why can't we change the past and its consequences but rather make right godly choices in the present and future? Because our choices have consequences and we need to be mindful of not only how our choices affect ourselves but our relationship with Jesus and others and when we mess up we need to own up to it before the LORD and others and not blame others for our mistakes. I have made so many life damaging mistakes but thank God i'm learning from them while there is still time and make right godly choices in the present and future. Praise God for His mercy, grace and love or we would all be in hell right now, thank you Jesus. I pray that this teaching will motivate us to think about how our words and actions have consequences, good or bad and how they affect our relationship with Jesus and affect our Christian witness in Jesus' name.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
You cannot change your past and the consequences that go with it but you can make right godly choices in the present and future
Posted : 20 Jun, 2023 06:54 PM

AMEN TO THAT‼️‼️‼️

Just think of how Adam and Eve must have felt when they began to experience the effects of their disobedience‼️

Think of all they lost.

1. They could have lived FOREVER in fellowship with God.

2. Their children would have the opportunity to live forever without death or pain

3. Animals would continue to eat plants and never kill another animal.

4. No suffering of any kind.

But they sinned‼️‼️

1. Now they must die AND all their children will die.

2. Cain killed Abel

3. Innocent animals were killed by God and their blood shed in order to make coats of skin to cover Adam and Eve’s nakedness. (The innocence of the animals foreshadowed an innocent man—the seed of the woman—who would someday die for the guilty).

I’m sure Adam and Eve often regretted their disobedience especially when they remembered the loss of paradise and heard how Cain murdered Abel.

“If only we had obeyed, Abel might be still alive”.

Can you imagine Adam&Eve’s peaceful existence being broken by the shrill cry of an innocent animal being mauled by another a larger animal⁉️

Sin sure does have its consequences.

But God’s patience, forgiveness, mercy and grace came through for all those sinners down through the ages and it gives us hope too that God will forgive all our EXTREMELY STUPID mistakes (mine), even though a few consequences of our sin may to haunt us til death.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2023 02:59 AM

Living reverently before God day by day shapes our view of life and aligns our heart with His.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2023 04:44 PM

Thank you for your encouragment, LittleDavid and Moonlight7. It is greatly appreciated and PRAISE THE LORD!!!