Author Thread: Your favorite lesser spoken of bible story.
austin93a^

View Profile
History
Your favorite lesser spoken of bible story.
Posted : 10 Sep, 2023 10:58 AM

As the title states what's your favorite less spoken about story in the bible? And how is it relevant to your life?

For me it's the story about Balaam’s donkey. To me this story illustrates how God is working in our lives and trying to talk to us but we don't always realize it. Im also quick to action and to think negatively without realizing the bigger picture.

what about you?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2023 01:43 PM

One of my favorite preachers, J Vernon McGee was preaching on Balaam’s talking jackass(KJV). He went on to say in his soft spoken Texas accent: “...back then, it used to be a miracle when a jackass(KJV) spoke, now days it’s a miracle if you can keep one quiet...”😃🤣😂

He always had something funny and that Texas accent was hilarious 💫

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2023 01:47 PM

Great theologian too‼️ well, except his Genesis 1 commentary was kinda way off‼️ Wooowsa whoa-sa‼️‼️ WAY OFF

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2023 03:22 PM

J. Vernon " Bible bus " McGee Quote: “May God richly bless you, my beloved.”

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2023 04:04 PM

He always ended his broadcasts like that.

He was a really a great preacher for the most part. Quite memorable as indicated. Always entertaining AND theological.

austin93a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2023 04:15 PM

Dave, I get the idea you were the class clown growing up.

hmm bible bus, I thought I was the only one still listening to that, great preacher!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Sep, 2023 09:25 PM

I kinda like became the class clown but that happened later down the line.

I tried to joke around but I think most people laughed at me because my face was funnier than my jokes

Before that and throughout most of my school years my dad moved around so much making me the new kid everywhere we moved.

I got picked on a lot.

Worse yet, I couldn’t even throw a football (still can’t). I could hardly play ball sports and was usually the last one picked by team captains.

I really think I hold the Guinness World Record as the one and only all time strike out patron.

In fact, it seemed like team captains must have figured out that if they could just get me on the opposite team they would be guaranteed a win‼️‼️‼️