Author Thread: Philippine scammers?
Admin

Philippine scammers?
Posted : 19 Oct, 2009 09:06 PM

I just joined this site a few days ago, so I'm sorry if this isn't the right part of the forum to post this.

Anyway, there seem to be a disproportionate number of young Filipino women registered here. Am I right to be suspicious of this? I've seen shows on tv about dating services that introduce men (who pay to use the site) to Russian women (who don't pay), and often these women just want a greencard, and maybe seek to marry a rich man so she can get half his stuff in a divorce.

But perhaps I'm just jaded?

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 19 Oct, 2009 09:20 PM

dear jonathan, welcome to the forums..

ya know i wouldnt be lumpin a whole peoples for the bad deeds of a few. i believe most all of the phillipino peoples here are genuine.same as any other nationality.

you may get an occasional scamer at times but we really dont know for sure if they are even phillipino , ya know. scamers can be anyone male or female of any nationality and we really dont know less we trace the ip address. i personally dont think you could do much better than to find you a nice phillipino lady to be your wife. if you find you a nice good woman of any race youd best go after her and keep her.. if youre worried thats what a prenupts for. hehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 19 Oct, 2009 10:18 PM

I meant that there are so many that it seems like there is a concerted recruiting effort. There's no scarcity of religious men in the Philippines.

Women, are there lots of Filipino men? If so, then I'm probably just being paranoid.

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 19 Oct, 2009 11:18 PM

There are quite a few men from other countries...I've gotten some messages from some. It's hard to understand exactly what they're trying to convey and communication is a big deal to me, so I usually send the "polite" reply, but I've wondered the same thing.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 20 Oct, 2009 02:24 AM

I haven't noticed an over abundance of men from the Philippines, but I will say that you really don't even know if that person is a woman, it is only a picture.

On another site I was foolish and didn't realize how important it is not to have the same user name as your password. A scammer hijacked my profile and when I was finally able to convince the site of this and they gave me back my profile, I was a cute little black gal and I had lost about 15 years.

The really scary part were the men that had responded to me and wanted to date me for I do not believe they ever read the profile, for she described herself as a "nice looking black man".

So stay away from "model shots" and people that do not have a workable usage of the English language, as a beginning rule at least. Personally I have found if they are not close enough to meet, they are not close enough to develop a solid relationship with to base a marriage on.

We are told to guard our hearts for very good reason. Stay equally yoked with someone that can discuss their faith with you, for a scammer pretending to be a Christian rarely has more than the basic details to work with and will mostly agree with you on everything, telling you that they feel that way too, but they cannot actually discuss faith as we do here because they know they cannot pull it off because they do not have a relationship with the Lord or with His Word. If they actually were the Christians they want you to believe, they would not be looking to lift your wallet, and they certainly would be honest and you would be able to check out the things they say.

Tarasye

mariangela

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 21 Oct, 2009 08:55 AM

There are a lot of different scammers, on this site. Men and women must be very diligent, about who they talk to. Some go to extreme lengths, to prove that they are christians, meanwhile, they are wolves, in sheeps clothing. Keep a careful look out. I would not say, that a certain nationality is all scammers, but you need to be careful, and perhaps BLOCK the ones that you are not sure of. ALL THE BEST.

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 21 Oct, 2009 05:49 PM

I was looking at female profiles and found one that said she was a pastor.I live to far away to get involved.However,missionaries do get married.Are you looking to be a missionary?To find out if a lady is real ask her about her missionaries.The name of her church.Contact the US office of that chush and ask for a reference on her.They will contact the missionary and you will here from her pastor or in this case if she is a pastor her missionary.make your search complete.If you have no intentions of missions work do not write back.Dennis

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 21 Oct, 2009 09:47 PM

No, I have a good job, so I would want any distant woman to come here. And even if there is no concerted scamming based in the Philippines, I imagine most of them would like to come here too.

I like the idea of being a travelling missionary, but I get sick easily, and there are plenty in America who have no idea about God. (In a 2008 Pew survey of 35,000 Americans, 70% of respondents with any religious affiliation believed that there are multiple paths to eternal life; among self-identified evangelicals, it was 57%!)

Luvsick_28

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2009 10:29 AM

Hi Jonathan! Although there have been a number of cases that Filipino women who sign up as mail order brides with the objective of marrying for a green card, it doesn't necessarily mean that all Filipino women do the same thing. Just as it is wrong to assume that all Muslims are terrorists. Sure, there are con artists/scammers here and there but I think it is not concentrated in just one race, nation or a particular group of people. They are everywhere. Perhaps, the guy sitting next to you in a restaurant could be one or the person behind your back is a scammer. (if there was...but don't look! hahaha) Who knows? Knowing this, I think all of us has the responsibility to be vigilant and guard our hearts. I agree with what our brother, ole cattle said that you should know the person more.

But, even though things like this happen sometimes, such "stereotypings" should not cloud our minds and become judgmental because if this would be the kind of mindset that we have towards people, we would certainly become paranoid. And because of this paranoia, we would find it hard to make friends and expand our social circle in this global village. Also, you might miss the chance of experiencing how beautiful it is to learn about other people's culture, lives, faith which in turn would help you by enriching your mind with all the fun facts or trivias you could learn which can be a good conversation starters and increasing your tolerance level by respecting them. :)

Besides, just imagine if the Old Christians or even Jesus' disciples are too paranoid about other races, how can Christianity grow and spread all over the world?

I hope I was able to shed some light about this topic you've posted. Take care and God bless you, brother. :)

Luvsick_28

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2009 10:37 AM

Oh, by the way, the reason why I signed up here is because I just find it interesting to learn about other people's culture, faith and lives and meet new friends. Also, I think that by talking to people here, I'm able to practice my English. :)

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 24 Oct, 2009 11:05 AM

jaded may be too strong a word, but "Love" believes the best about others. And besides, if you can trust God in dating and mating,

you should be able to trust God's protection from deception. unless you deceive yourself.

"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,

but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

Proverbs 31:30 ESV.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5