Author Thread: Philippine scammers?
Admin

Philippine scammers?
Posted : 19 Oct, 2009 09:06 PM

I just joined this site a few days ago, so I'm sorry if this isn't the right part of the forum to post this.

Anyway, there seem to be a disproportionate number of young Filipino women registered here. Am I right to be suspicious of this? I've seen shows on tv about dating services that introduce men (who pay to use the site) to Russian women (who don't pay), and often these women just want a greencard, and maybe seek to marry a rich man so she can get half his stuff in a divorce.

But perhaps I'm just jaded?

earl775

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 10:57 PM

I go by if a person can not wright a dicent lenth of profile or if on they first email they want you email so they can send other photos or to chat this is a free sight get to know each other on here before giving out any info if they do not have the patunts to get to know you here then their suspect in my mind.

as for philippine woman there are supposed to make very good wives but it`s like any marrage it takes work and love and finding the right person to start with. Make sure she is of your faith I think cross faith could be a problem so you need to look as most philippine woman are cathlic as far as my invistigations have gone.

CNYDesigner

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 4 Nov, 2009 01:23 PM

I understand. Sounds like you are searching for a Flippina. The proper spelling is with the a for female. the o at end is for male. I read about it many times what they call themselves.

I have had met women from the Philippines and they..um.. have their unique way of scamming but few are true Filippinas. Really.

My friend married a Filippina who is true honest Christian woman. How he find out? At first I told him about the Filippinas who are very good upbringings, loyal, nice, and honest. I know they do. And so, he knew a friend who has connection to friends in the Phillippines so his friend hook up this woman by introducing online and they are now husband and wife for 4 years. They have a beautiful baby.

I am really happy for him and he is truly blessed.

I would highly recommend you make friends with people who knows Filippinas and have those friends introduce you to her or them. That is safest way.

No mean disrepect to this site. Its good site yes. Just becareful. Make friends here and I believe the right one will come along thru a friend at least expected. Networking is best choice today. I do it online and offline at trade shows. At my church.. nah. No one available.

Another good choice for you is to go to the Phils or another country of your choice as a missionary for at least six months and then you can bring her home to your mom six months after you arrive home! I met a couple of latina ladies thru mission trips.. I didnt find what God wanted. I knew two ladies I liked but they only wanted to come here. One did by marrying someone else.

Its her loss. Another I could have gone after but she was an ex girlfriend of my best friend. Ahh! I didn't want to get in between any of us. She is a great woman!! Oh well!!

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 7 Nov, 2009 06:08 AM

Hello Jonathan.......

I AM GIN, A FILIPINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...All the information about myself in this site are true and correct.... How about you? Are you stating the correctness of your profile?just asking...

I read your comments regarding the Filipinas.... thank you for that...

Jonathan...let me say something... you are still young to judge us like that...are you sure that the woman you are referring to is a Filipina? Don't you know that a lot of ASIAN LADIES look similarly to US? i think you're still in need a lot of studies/ books to read about Filipinos....or probabaly, you come to my country and study my culture who WE are.... Have respect also to other races...It seems you are putting down the dignity of the Filipinos, and you don't even know who WE are!

Young Boy,as a CHRISTIAN i think, you must check your words before saying anything...

THANKS.....

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 14 Nov, 2009 02:02 PM

Many scammers from the Philippines...they have the internet cafe...many from many Asian countries...but...many are for real...I was scammed...not all are like them...there are GOOD people in all races...He who be without sin, let him cast the first stone...Jesus Reigns !!! His servant and slave...douglas

earth123

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 17 Nov, 2009 03:24 PM

hi jonathan, just want to comment on the topic you posted! i am a bit offended about it.. yes, maybe you have heard a lot of filipino women being obsessed of meeting american men, but using the term scammer.." Philippine scammer".. it's really offending.. being a filipina, it hurts.. scammers really is everywhere.. actually i have already encountered one from the other site.. He just came across my profile, sent me a message.. as an act of courtesy i replied, then we chat, which lasted for a month.. He seems good, seems God fearing based on our conversation, oftentimes he calls on my cellphone, he also sings gospel songs..so everything seems good..But when i asked him if i can see him thru cam he refused with so many reasons..he told me he wil come here to italy to see me.. but before it happens i have already noticed that something is wrong when he started to ask me to lend him money and will pay me back as soon as he arrive here in Italy..( i am not sure.. but take note.. according to him he is a native american, based on his accent, he is really american).. see.. scammers comes from any race.. pls.. being a christian we must be very careful with the words we use and we utter.. better we do.. be very careful and prayerful. Ask the Lord to guide and guard our hearts everytime we deal with people.. sorry, i'm just being true with what i feel..God bless you!

rems

earth123

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 17 Nov, 2009 03:46 PM

one more thing.. pls dont judge us according to what you hear.. well.. maybe it is because you are still young why you have said all those things..

earth123

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 17 Nov, 2009 04:00 PM

hi!

just want to say thank you for defending us filipinas from that topic regarding "Philipppine scammers". i cant send you a private message due to age settings. Being a filipina it really hurts.. but again.. thank you so much!

god bless you!

rems

earth123

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 17 Nov, 2009 04:04 PM

by the way the last message is for CNY designer!:angel:

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 27 Nov, 2009 05:38 PM

Rems is right. I was scammed in the same way she was by someone on this site. This guy said he was born and raised in Italy and that he was living in Carmel, NY because he came to live in the states with his father who had been an American contractor in Italy. He said his father passed away 2 years ago, but that he stayed and married someone he has known since childhood. Said they got a divorce after she cheated on him with his best friend. He told me that he designs jewelry for Walmart and even emailed me a picture of a ring he supposedly designed.

This guy seemed to know the Lord and we talked for hours online. He gave me his full name and a valid address in NY, but told me he was shy and didn't want to talk on the phone. I respected that. We had plans to meet on a Saturday and on Wednesday of that week he told me he had to fly to London (UK) the next day because of a jewelry seminar that just "came up". At that point, I was somehow already discerning that something was amiss, but just couldn't put my finger on it. I questioned him thoroughly because I was beginning to sense he wasn't telling me the truth. Then he sent me an email with an itinerary showing that he paid over $20,000 for a one way ticket to London Heathrow. I said something to him that caused him to panic so he called me. I didn't even look at the phone number when he called, I just answered the phone. He had an accent, but I couldn't tell if it was an Italian accent or if he was trying to fake an Italian accent, but he was convincing. Then I swear I heard someone cough in the background and he had told me he was alone. Then all of a sudden the call got disconnected and he was back on Yahoo messenger. Still not looking at the phone number I hit redial trying to call him back and I got a recording saying the call couldn't be connected as dialed. THEN I looked at his phone number and saw it was a 12 digit phone number. By this time he was already off IM because he said he had to get up at 4am to catch his flight. I Googled the number and found out it originated from Ghana, Africa. I then checked the Ghana embassy's website and found out that this was a type of scam and that the next attempt from this guy would probably be for money - that he would say he was being held by the authorities while traveling and if I could send some money to get them to release him. Needless to say, I sent this guy and email and told him that I was on to him, but told him that I forgave him and to please find a new way to survive and I gave him a prayer of salvation to say to accept Jesus into his heart. He simply emailed me back and said "ok".

Sorry this is so long, but I really felt the need to share my story because hopefully it will help someone else someday. I really was falling for this guy and it really hurt that I was deceived in such a way. So again to Rem's point, there are scammers who come from all over the place. Be safe brothers and sisters and guard your hearts.

Amory31

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 09:28 PM

I have been to the Philippines on a mission trip and spent about three and a half months there. While I was there, I was not looking for a wife, as I was not in a season of my life for that. Now I believe that I would be blessed if I found a genuinely Christian Filipina for a wife. They are a very wonderful people and some of them are very physically attractive.

That being said, I too am a little concerned that some of them are not genuine. I have found myself doing searches of the Philippines on here but it is different meeting people on here then in real person. I think that if I started to get serious about someone on a dating site, I would want to go there to spend some time with her and her people (friends and family.)

I think that you could pass on some great women if you rule them out simply because they are from the Philippines, but I think it needs to be approached with care.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5