Author Thread: Philippine scammers?
Admin

Philippine scammers?
Posted : 19 Oct, 2009 09:06 PM

I just joined this site a few days ago, so I'm sorry if this isn't the right part of the forum to post this.

Anyway, there seem to be a disproportionate number of young Filipino women registered here. Am I right to be suspicious of this? I've seen shows on tv about dating services that introduce men (who pay to use the site) to Russian women (who don't pay), and often these women just want a greencard, and maybe seek to marry a rich man so she can get half his stuff in a divorce.

But perhaps I'm just jaded?

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 01:41 PM

Actually you are partially correct. There are a lot of filapina ladies on many dating sites but I have not found one to not be genuine. The biggest countries you need to watch out for are Ghana, Nigeria, Ukraine and Russia.

I recently was in the Philippines for about 5 days and the people there are all very nice. I think there are just many who would like to find an American man, but they also want to be in love. Not just looking for a ticket to the states.

It appears that many filapina ladies find it hard to find husband in the Philippines so they turn to these sites.

Besides most of them are very cute.

If you find one you like tell her, "Ang cute cute mo talaga"

Just means you think they are cute...but you better mean it. They have wonderful sensitive feelings just like any women. Be nice to her and she will love you forever if you are the right man. Very loyal ladies.

earth123

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 02:13 PM

hi star,

i am ust wondering.. why do scammers always use London in thei schemes.. the one that i have encountered also from London but what more confusing is that he is using both american and London area codes. everytime he calls he is in private, and the number he gave to call him is lwith a london area code.. but onetime he called me, us code appears. and i asked him about that and he said its not his number,he reasoned out that maybe there was a problem with the signal or something.. anyway,, the good thing is God protected me from any of his schemes..

mercy_music

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 12 Jan, 2010 10:57 PM

What is true to part is not true to all...

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 09:07 PM

Hi Jonathan,

How are you doing? I am concerned of you. I could not blame you if that's what you'd experienced. My apology from some Filipina scammers but you know what not all of us are doing this way it is just embarrassing in our part THAT we are on this site and this is what I've seen a focus of Philippines. Yes, a lot of scammers not only from Philippines and I was once a victim too. I was once on a site and someone sent me mail that he need a nanny of his 2 kids He introduced himself as an American man and has permanent residence in UK. I was about to believe him but when I tried to google about nanny jobs in UK the screen name that he use was there on the site and was one of the scammer.

I hope that you don't embarrassed our country for this because we don't know who are they. Some of us here are serious on this site and I hope you understand how I felt after reading your testimonial about Philippines.

Thank you!

God bless you!

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 23 Jan, 2010 09:56 AM

GIN73^ and earth123, I wasn't talking about race or nationality, just geography.

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 09:22 PM

yes thaats true my dear.not all filipino woman do the same thing,i know alots of scammer here in the phillipines,but not all,anywhere any place have scammer...and sorry to hear that furom posted..

God Bless Us..

Liezel

phillipines..

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 11:09 PM

i have observed the same thing. its like there are hundreds from the phililpines yet i have not seen one profile from australia. But i don't think everyone is a scammer from there.

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 03:55 AM

dear andy,, welcome to the forums..

and all of you fillipino ladies , it does my ole heart some good to see yawl speaking up for your country and yourselves..

and you do so in a nice way.. thats the fillipino way that ive come to know.. good sweet peoples.. so dont let the bad actions of a few spoil your way of lookin at all of the peoples..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 05:17 PM

Hey. I'm Filipina, too. When i joined this site in November i was surprised that hundreds of Filipinas have signed up already.

Honestly, kinda hurt my feelings when i read the Philippines being connected to the word 'scam'. Ouch there... really.

Well, u know what guys, the #1 reason i joined is that 92% of men in the Philippines are Roman Catholics. The other 8%, u'll have a toss up between a Muslim or a protestant. Like, less than 1 in every ten guys is a born again Christian. i mean, who can live with that? Apparently, i was raised Baptist and a pastor's kid at that. I'm NBSB. So c'mon! give me a break. And let me find my date!!!!!

I mean, i felt this thread's title LonelyJonathan posted is kinda mean and distressing to all those Filipinas who are here for the right reason. although i must admit many girls (whether Filipina, or NOT Filipina -- i wouldn't want to mention any other nationalities coz it might offend them just the same-- i hope u get my point) sign up just to swindle or something.

(A little cultural trivia: In the Philippines, when u say u're "Christian", it normally means Protestant Christian, and not Roman Catholic) --no intention to offend any Filipino Catholics who might be reading this, though.

I would say, it's quite normal to be suspicious of any one you meet for the first time on line. But i think all it takes is some social skills to figure out whether u're talking to a scammer or a real person.

If u keep on reading babe, sweetheart, i love u or take ur shirt off the first time u chat, or the person gives u way too many compliments, invites u to go to other sites,asks for ur pesonal number or e-mail address TOO SOON, then that's the time to be suspicious, he/she might just be up for nothing good.

View Profile
History
Philippine scammers?
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 06:01 PM

Hey. I'm Filipina, too. When i joined this site in November i was surprised that hundreds of Filipinas have signed up already.

Honestly, kinda hurt my feelings when i read the Philippines being connected to the word 'scam'. Ouch there... really.

Well, u know what guys, the #1 reason i joined is that 92% of men in the Philippines are Roman Catholics. The other 8%, u'll have a toss up between a Muslim or a protestant. Like, less than 1 in every ten guys is a born again Christian. i mean, who can live with that? Apparently, i was raised Baptist and a pastor's kid at that. I'm 30, NBSB, my egg cells are withering! So c'mon, give me a break. And let me find my date!!!!!

I mean, i felt this thread's title LonelyJonathan posted is kinda mean and distressing to all those Filipinas who are here for the right reason. although i must admit many girls (whether Filipina, or NOT Filipina -- i wouldn't want to mention any other nationalities coz it might offend them just the same-- i hope u get my point) sign up just to swindle or something.

(A little cultural trivia: In the Philippines, when u say u're "Christian", it normally means Protestant Christian, and not Roman Catholic) --no intention to offend any Filipino Catholics who might be reading this, though.

I would say, it's quite normal to be suspicious of any one you meet for the first time on line. But i think all it takes is some social skills to figure out whether u're talking to a scammer or a real person. right?

If u keep on reading babe, sweetheart, i love u or take ur shirt off the first time u chat, or the person gives u way too many compliments, invites u to go to other sites,asks for ur pesonal number or e-mail address TOO SOON, then that's the time to be suspicious, he/she might just be up for nothing good.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5