Author Thread: ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” who will go up in the rapture โ“โ“ specifically what about preterists that deny it โ“โ“
homelesschristian

View Profile
History
๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” who will go up in the rapture โ“โ“ specifically what about preterists that deny it โ“โ“
Posted : 26 Sep, 2023 11:09 AM

Donโ€™t be left behind. Make sure you are ready for the rapture. Since the rapture is for believers, it is vital that you place your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior (Acts 16:31). Repent of your sin and fully trust in Jesus alone as the payment for your sin. Believe in Him, and you will not perish (John 3:16). The Lord knows who are His, and He will leave none of them behind (John 10:14).

Those who are saved by faith in Christ will not be left behind in the rapture. The saved are like the five wise virgins in Jesusโ€™ parable who are ready for the coming of the bridegroom; they have their lamps trimmed and burning and full of oilโ€”a symbol of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 25:1โ€“13). To make sure that you are not left behind, trust Christ. Today is the day of salvation (2 Corinthians 6:2). Do not delay another moment. The matter is urgent. Trust Christ now

ks82dk

View Profile
History
๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” who will go up in the rapture โ“โ“ specifically what about preterists that deny it โ“โ“
Posted : 28 Sep, 2023 05:31 PM

Matthew 13:30

โ€œLet both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together FIRST the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.โ€

The tares(wicked) are gathered FIRST and bundled to be burned. And THEN after that the wheats are gathered into the barn at the second coming where the dead/living saints are caught up.

The "left behind" is not like the left behind series and other theories building on the "rapture doctrine" goes. The "left behind" are the righteous being caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

And the same thing is repeated again in Matthew 13:36-43

John 6:40 also says that the righteous shall be raised up on the last day. meaning no one will be "left behind" after that.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2023 09:14 AM

Kristian, I copied and pasted your comments and followed up with my responses.

KRISTIAN: Meaning of Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together FIRST the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.โ€

The tares(wicked) are gathered FIRST and bundled to be burned. And THEN after that the wheats are gathered into the barn at the second coming where the dead/living saints are caught up.

LD: This is a parable. It has nothing to do with the rapture and contains nothing in it contradicting the rapture

KRISTIAN: The "left behind" is not like the left behind series and other theories building on the "rapture doctrine" goes. The "left behind" are the righteous being caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

And the same thing is repeated again in Matthew 13:36-43

John 6:40 also says that the righteous shall be raised up on the last day. meaning no one will be "left behind" after that.

LD: Iโ€™m not exactly fond of the โ€œLeft Behindโ€ series either but the verses you quoted do not counter anything in the Left Behind series. Matthew 13:36-43 contains the ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘‰seven parables๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ‘ˆ of the kingdom. Youโ€™re amiss if you believe Matthew 13:36-43 has anything to do with refuting the rapture or even the Left Behind series.

Also. John 6:40 has nothing to do with those left behind. โ€œRaising upโ€ has more than one meanings depending on context. In this particular context it has to do with the resurrection.