Author Thread: halloween
Admin

halloween
Posted : 21 Oct, 2009 08:16 AM

One of the ladies asked in the guy forum about Halloween. I wish to ask all of you your views.It is a known Holiday for satanic believers.:devil: Many of us trck or treated as kids.I have no children and have little interst in passing out candy on this day.

I am getting you started.You all give your opinions please.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
halloween
Posted : 21 Oct, 2009 01:48 PM

I think it's all about how you look at it. Halloween is a pagan holiday. True. Christmas is a pseudo-pagan holiday. Easter is a pseudo-pagan holiday. True, true. Maybe we should turn Halloween into a pseudo-christian holiday where we all dress up as bible characters. Then it would be like Christmas with free candy. I'd say dressing up and getting candy is harmless. Dressing up as demons, and ghosts, and witches and getting candy is not harmless. Just be careful what you let your kids do. Make sure you explain to them whats going on....and don't ask me how to do that, because I don't have kids!

:ROFL::ROFL:

View Profile
History
halloween
Posted : 21 Oct, 2009 08:27 PM

Don't hit the mark: You got your holiday history down and you are honest about it! I don't see that often in the Christian community. Tis a breath of fresh air!

As for me, I love halloween, not to mention a good scare. Regardless of what some may say about frederick nietzsche, I think he had a lot of wisdom in his words. One example would be:

All great things must first wear a terrible and horrifying mask, in order to inscribe themselves upon the hearts of man.

Granted, Halloween itself may not serve that purpose, it certainly can't scare you the way God does sometimes, but boy...

...I do love a good scare! :)

crazy_4_cats

View Profile
History
halloween
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 12:52 PM

I always thought it was strange that parents would say "don't take candy from strangers" but on Halloween, that's just what happens.

I guess it's all fun and games though, unless someone takes things too far.

View Profile
History
halloween
Posted : 4 Nov, 2009 08:50 AM

as a kid i always went tick or treating, but my parents never let me dress up as a withch, devil, etc. i chose generally animals costumes like a cat, horse, zebra, etc. that way i could still be involved without getting too "dark". we also used to have a halloween party at our home, which kept us safe and occupied.

now our church holds a trunk or treat at the church where church members decorate the trunks of their cars and hand out candy. i give wagon rides with my horse and there are carnival games inside the gym for the kids. it's a great alternative to halloween