Author Thread: What does God see as Adultery?
Ilikeroses2^

View Profile
History
What does God see as Adultery?
Posted : 13 Feb, 2024 11:52 AM

I know that the Bible says in Matthew 19:9 that a person can divorce their spouse if their spouse cheats on them I also know that in Matthew 5:27-30 Jesus teaches that if a man lusts after a woman then he has committed adultery with her in his heart and that he is at risk of hell fire.

God tells us that if our spouse commits the sin of lust then we can divorce them?

I learned from a Bible professor called Tim Mackie in his teachings on the book of Matthew that to lust after someone means to look at them for an extended period of time wanting this person and somehow giving your own mind release by this sin of lust. Lust is also a sin that can bring havoc to many areas of a persons life I have attended Churches where men have hit on me in front of their wives or made their wives. I have also seen cases where men made their wives attend the gym to lose weight after having given birth etc these behaviours are demonic and are the sin of lust.

I think that if a person is married to a person who never repents or tries to get delivered and they have the sin of lust then I believe that its Gods will to divorce this person to save both your soul and theirs.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Feb, 2024 05:53 PM

Romans 2:21- 23 You who preach against stealing, do you steal? You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?

Who am I to criticize? God welcomes a number into his bosom.

Paul had disagreements with Peter. Yet both are in Christ, and both are saved.

Supreme Court Justices Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg had great disagreements, but a respect for each other that formed a friendship.

We agree to disagree.

All said and done, are not all humans hypocrites in one way or another? Some more. Some less. But all us are flawed, and all us need Jesus, and all us are known to have inconsistencies, and all of us part from scripture one way and another. We seek to remove a speck from one person's eyes with a board in our own so to speak. (Matthew 7:5, Luke 6:42) Apologies!

I'm just sharing opinions to pass the time. The idea is that as iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. (Proverbs 27:17)

I suppose as it is, the Devil knows the Bible better than any us.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2024 11:52 AM

Some men try to teach everyone else but neglect themselves.

They Definitely not called of God . It's called Prideful religious.

No real relationship with Jesus.

Page : 1 2 3 4