Author Thread: Mean people
Yourprayers

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 6 Mar, 2024 11:12 PM

Anyone else getting random hate mail, messages from people you never wrote to trying to discourage insult you? They feel the need to be ugly and mean. Don't let it ruin your walk with God or focus on God. Remember we are in a spiritual battle. Praying for our families our loved ones and ourselves that we do not lose the peace and joy of Jesus

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 21 Apr, 2024 04:46 PM

Men get insulted. Women get insulted. I read it both ways.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 21 Apr, 2024 05:06 PM

WNK

I had online Men friends here that left.

They didn't always agree with me but notice this wasn't good.

I don't look her fir Advice or comfort.

I've got people elsewhere.

:⁠-⁠)

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 21 Apr, 2024 05:12 PM

" I don't look here"

edit

WNT

It's like a game like some play . I don't play computer games like many Adults, I'm on here instead.

Lol

KJV_Bible_Lady

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 12:22 AM

Not on this site so far. But in one other "Christian" dating site, oh yes! I posted a comment in the chat forum that men, not women, should take the initiative & do the pursuing in the relationship. Every dating book says so & even the dating advice section said so.

But - one meanie man told me "Dumbest thing I've heard all year!". Nothing smart about a man who does not man-up. As well as using "dumb" wrongly. "Dumb" means unable to talk!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 04:51 AM

Yes, dum means unable to talk. Moses seemed unable to talk, but God used him anyway. But informally "dumbest" is an acceptable expression even when misused like "ain't" ain't a word, but is used anyway cause people like to use it.

In the Bible, it goes both ways. In the Bible, we have Isaiah 4:1 where the women are assertive and Ruth 3:8-10 where a woman is assertive. You can be assertive too. Of course, the wrong assertive would be Genesis 39:7 and Proverbs 7:10-27. There are those on here as well.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 07:59 AM

20 years ago I would agree that Men should be the ones to take the initiative and pursue women. But now if a man does that he runs the risk of being accused of doing something inappropriate and possibly going to jail and or having his life destroyed.

Most women don't realize just how bad things have gotten for men and it's no better in most Church's. There are still some men out there that will pursue but that number is dwindling. Chivalry is dying and you can thank feminism for that.

KJV_Bible_Lady

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 07:28 PM

KJV_Bible_Lady

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 07:43 PM

I have not experienced any meanness on CDFF...yet. But on another Christian dating site, I have. Once a man messaged me in regard to my saying "Yehoshua" on my profile. This guy got hostile & said something like:

Why do you call Him Yehoshua?! His name is Jesus!

Well! The letter "J" in the alphabet did not exist until 1524 A.D. But I did not bother to tell him that.

Many years before that, on the same site, when there was instant chat, some guy instant messages me

"You're hot! Give me your phone number." Not even a minute later, he sent me another instant message "COME ON! GIVE ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER!" But I did not reply & he never got my phone number.

KJV_Bible_Lady

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 07:51 PM

Referring to the word "dumb, dumbest", the actual word for stupid is "dummy". Just like the word "gay" does not mean "homosexual" and that three letter word that means "donkey" does not really mean, well, you know.

The English language has been corrupted. That is one reason why I use the King James Version Bible, not modern corrupted ones.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Mean people
Posted : 26 Apr, 2024 12:21 PM

KJVBibleLady even the KJV Bible is a translation from other languages so as far as it being less corrupt is very debatable as many new translations go back to the same original texts and try to translate Gods word into modern languages. Languages naturally change over time and there's no stopping that so updating the Bible really is important.

Think about it like this. Lets say you wanted to put Bibles into the hands of people born into a country that didn't speak or read any English? Now of course you could go there and try and teach all of them English and supply them with KJV Bibles, or you could give them a Bible that was translated into their language. Which would be easier, more efficient and reach more people?

The reality is it's not the language that's corrupt, it's the people.

Page : 1 2