Author Thread: Is it wrong biblically for a woman to get a sperm donor?
ladythumper

View Profile
History
Is it wrong biblically for a woman to get a sperm donor?
Posted : 6 Nov, 2009 09:24 AM

Wanted to see other Christian views on this subject and any scriptures to back it up would be welcomed. Know someone who is considering doing this cuz God has placed in her heart to have a baby and since there isn't strong Christian man in her life who is interested in marriage she's considering other options..but refuses to get knocked up because she believes in purity until marriage. She want to please God and doesn't want to do anything to dishonor him. All view points wanted regarding this matter. Gbu:-)

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 02:25 AM

Just a thought Kimberly, but many Christians believe that obedience in the Word of God is the Way toward a Prudent live in Christ, for the God of the Bible does not change and if we don't choose to follow His direction here, what would make us think that we will have a desire to follow Him in the future? He will never change to suit our ways, nor will He change to appreciate our lack of desire to follow the Way that is Best, which without a doubt is most definitely His Way. If we refuse to Trust in His Word, then it says we do not Trust Him to lead us. What exactly is it that we want for eternity? What any one person may or may not believe does not matter. Only what God has told us is His Way matters, and for those who seek, the blanks are filled in, you do not need to look far to see God's Plan for He makes it clear if you take the time to read it, and study it. I hope you will, for our ways are not His Ways and when we try to force His Will, rather than trust it, things never seem to turn out as well as we plan.

Many times I have to stop and ask myself if my wants are really His Wants for my life, for often what I want from God, is not what God wants from me, and that's hard cuz I really want the things I want, and my wants are not bad wants either, but those wants and desires may have a place in His timing, and they might not, but I have to Trust Him that if its not in the plan now, He will add it when it is time, or He will take me on a path more fulfilling that is best for me.

Forcing our ways always has consequences and often they are not easy or wonderful like we are deceived into believing they will be. So let each man, and woman, make their choices carefully for if we choose not to follow His ways here, why would we be willing to follow them in His Kingdom?

Another question worth considering might also be if a mother will make a good parent if it is not in her heart to trust men or trust God?

I realize you and your friend are going to go forward on this anyway, though I cannot for the life of me understand why you would seek wise counsel to ignore it completely.

It is my prayer that the Lord will bless you with what is best for you, Kimberly, for often in our youth, we have much to learn, and I was no exception. I pray your walk will not be so difficult as mine was before I learned what it means to really Trust God.

I learned to self examine why it was that I was always attracting the wrong men, for we do tend to advertise for exactly what we want, or maybe I should say, for what we actually feel like we deserve. If you find a really good counselor, they can help you resolve some of that so you can find that man that you want, and then there really will be nothing more rewarding than having that child together, for when you really love that husband, I don't think its about having a baby, its about having that child together, and often when that happens, a child from a previous relationship never feels like they measure up. Nobody ever has a child believing this will happen, but it does happen frequently anymore and its very sad when a child feels that parents don't want them now that they have a "new" family.

God Bless you Kimberly. I worry about you. I want the Lord to Bless you with a path you can live on and be happy with.

Tarasye

Notpit10

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 09:09 AM

If your friend is going to marry "soon" like you said, it would be best to trust God in this rather than go through donor process first and then not have the marriage take place. Single parenting sounds like a tough way to go and you want the best environment for the baby.

Page : 1 2 3 4