Author Thread: yawls opinion ...
Admin

yawls opinion ...
Posted : 27 Nov, 2009 08:26 PM

dear folks, what are your thoughts on when a church has what i call an open mic time each service for one of the congregation or a group to come up and sing to the LORD in front of everybody.. and they sign up and take turns doing this in the order they sign up in..

now my question is if they dont sing good to most folks should they be not allowed to continue to sing for the LORD when there is open mic and their turn? thanks

ole cattle

oneway

View Profile
History
yawls opinion ...
Posted : 29 Nov, 2009 01:46 PM

Those who can sing, sing, and those who can't, shouldn't, unless it is to the Lord or bible study, etc. God has gifted us all with our own unique gifts.

View Profile
History
yawls opinion ...
Posted : 29 Nov, 2009 02:22 PM

dear folks, amen poochie,, that was awesome..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
yawls opinion ...
Posted : 29 Nov, 2009 02:47 PM

some years ago a guest speakercame to our church.In his serman he said when he was a Pastor he went to a church and was met by a woman who said god gave me a song to sing.She sounded so bad the next sunday he said that god will tell me when I am to have you sing again in front of the church.She had always sang every sunday before he came.Only the 1st sunday he was pastor.

This may get a smile on your face.:ROFL: I can not sing and dance.So,I am less likely to do those things.:peace:

I only need to sing for jesus by myself.We need to use love and wisdom when getting in front of people.If you can not sing let someone else do it.Dennis

View Profile
History
yawls opinion ...
Posted : 29 Nov, 2009 03:42 PM

Poochie, was it an open mic or pre planned singing? Big difference and I am sure it was precious~~ :)

View Profile
History
yawls opinion ...
Posted : 30 Nov, 2009 08:33 AM

dear folks, joey , i really dont see the difference in whether it was open mic or not on that one as the point is they werent singers persay but yet their hearts made em singers..

now ill tell yawl a little secret, i wouldnt be a gospel singer today if folks had of stopped me from gettin back up to sing after my first time at trying.. hehe

i bombed so terribly bad.. first off the pastors wife who was a pastor and in her late 80 s called me up to sing and well ill tell ya i had never sung before.. and didnt know any gospel music.. i refused her a few times and yet she kept on.. she gets her way hehe so finally i had to go up there.. not feeling very good about it..

i told her maam i dont know any songs at all.. so she handed me a hymnal.. hehe so i just opened it up and it came to the power of the blood.. so i chose that one.. and i tried to start to sing and make a tune i had no clue about.. and ill tell ya folks thats when i learnt i couldnt read the lines in the hymnal.. the words all jumbled up together.. so it went to tryin to read the words there.. and i was stumbling through that as well.. so so very embarrassed.. my heart was there but i was havin major trauma hehe..

so i finally got through to the end missing many words cause i couldnt see em as they was jumbled up...

i thought whewww glad thats over. so i went to step down and she called me to stop and do another one lol..

my heart sunk..

so i chose another ..dont remember what that one was.. and this time she decided to help me out cause i was still stumblin to read the words.. and reading insted of singing.. and bless her heart she really couldnt sing but yet she bellowed it out and i stopped reading and tried to mimick her words as she sang..

and we got through that one and well and i hurried off to my seat before she could stop me hehe.. i wanted to hide..

seein the pity on the folk faces out in the congregation.. that was a very low and humbling point in my life.

i still had that sorrow feelin all week.. then on thursday while i was on the front end loader out doin some grading work..

the song will the circle be unbroken kept on playin in my head.. just the chorus was all i knew.. id heard that on an ole johnny cash album years and years ago.. i think.. lol

anyways on friday i took stopped work early and went to the mall and bought the cd ,it wasnt johnny cash it was someone else.. i think it was nitty gritty dirt band maybe ..

so i took it home and listened to it as much as i could and wrote the words down.. and got ready all this in about an hour..

cause they had a friday night service then.. and i was a goin and i was gonna sing.. kinda hard headed at times..

so i sat there in the back and listed to all the others sing .. and then they asked if anyone else wanted to come up and sing a song.. and i said yes i do..

and the folks all looked ghastly lol and jaws were droppin lol

so i made it up there and i had friends that were playin the instruments there that night.. i said i dont have the music for it and they wanted to know what song it was and i told em and they said they knew it and what key did i sing in.. i told em i didnt know i had a key lol

so they said just start and we will kick in with you.. so i did and it went off greattttt GLORDY BE TO GOD...

and from that i went on to start a group and a gospel music ministry and we hit the road.. PRAISE GOD.

so see folks if i hadnt ever got that chance to blow it and then even got a second chance to get up there because folks didnt think i could sing to suit em then that would of never happened and id never become a preacher or a singer..

so see folks we have to be very careful we dont stiffle folks from giving to the LORD, just cause we dont think they match our standards.. let the LORD judge wheter it sounds good to HIM or not.. who knows it may be in HIS plans as well..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
yawls opinion ...
Posted : 30 Nov, 2009 12:50 PM

AMEN ta that Yawls..!!!:applause:

vkjewell

View Profile
History
yawls opinion ...
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 09:57 PM

Well, you'll love this one, Cattleman.

I frankly think NO ONE should be up front for anyone else to "watch" unless they are waving a banner. LEADING an army is done with the human backside visible to the troops.

The best and most transparent worship-in-song times I've ever experienced were done in dim or no light with musicians at the back or to the side and were opened with permission from the pastor or worship "leader" for anyone to begin a song from right where they stood, sat, or kneeled -- one after another after another. The musicians FOLLOWED the true leader -- The Holy Spirit of God -- as He put songs on the hearts of individuals. {Yes, even God takes "requests"!}

God never gets tired of hearing Jesus Loves Me. Sing anything you know like the back of your hand over and over and over until you float away. Make the words a promise.

Most helpful of all, close your eyes. Everyone else in the room is a potential distraction. You won't be offended by anyone if you don't see what they're doing . . .

Dance on the feet of your Father . . . You are his delight.

sigh ~ Sister Val in Sheridan

View Profile
History
yawls opinion ...
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 11:21 PM

dear val, you are right i liked that one.. anybody that gets a song on their heart well just sing it.. one after another orderly.. very nice..

ole cattle

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
yawls opinion ...
Posted : 8 Dec, 2009 07:33 AM

That is a good way to do it. Maybe it's just me...but sometimes when people get up there to "sing", or "play", or "share"...it just feels like they want the spotlight on them and I have a hard time with that. It doesn't happen very much I suppose...but when it does it taints the ones that stand up to praise God in humility. To me anyway...

:peace::peace:

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
History
yawls opinion ...
Posted : 12 Dec, 2009 10:38 AM

Dear Cattleman

In John chapter 4 verses 23 & 24, I beleive Jesus made it clear to the Samaritain woman, and to the world, the only way, and reason open singing shuold be done.

The way : By the true ( real) worshipers, in spirit and in truth (the reality of God).

The reason: Because the Father seeks such to worhip him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him MUST worship him in spirit and in truth.

Be it through psalms, hymns or spiritual songs, all singing should be conducted by true worshipers, for the purpose of fulfilling God's will.

Page : 1 2 3