Author Thread
Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Dressing in dresses instead of jeans and leggings
Posted : 11 Aug, 2013 10:10 PM

I mentioned this before. Today the church is so silent on this issue, to where people tend to act as though the bible speaks nothing about how one should carry themselves as those professing Christ. If God would take the time to inspire these words to be written, surely he intended for us to live by them, and apply them daily in our everday walk.

Jesus clearly taught us that " Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt.4:4

In addition, the apostle Paul, ( who was chosen by Jesus himself ), clearly informed us that " All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Tim. 3:16-17

Based on these, and many other portions of scripture, we (both men and women) have an obligation to God to uphold the standards taught to us, by those he chose to instruct us. God did not inspire these words, just for us to ignore them, or to live life as though we have some exclusive right to "opt out " of doing them. This is the mindset of many professing Christ today.

For it is written: I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the

renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and

acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12: 1-2

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy

Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your

own?

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God�s. ! Cor. 6: 19-20

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. 1 Peter 1: 13-16

Holy modesty is the lifestyle we are called to, because we are a Holy nation, called to serve a Holy God.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; 1 Peter 2:9

Choosing to practice to any other lifestyle is rebellion

Remember, JESUS said:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the

kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which

is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not

prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from

me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth

them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon

a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. Matthew 7:21-27

Selah

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
modest vs fashion
Posted : 11 Aug, 2013 09:27 PM

Today the church is so silent on this issue, to where people tend to act as though the bible speaks nothing about how one should carry themselves as those professing Christ. If God would take the time to inspire these words to be written, surely he intended for us to live by them, and apply them daily in our everday walk.

Jesus clearly taught us that " Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt.4:4

In addition, the apostle Paul, ( who was chosen by Jesus himself ), clearly informed us that " All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all

good works. 2 Tim. 3:16-17

Based on these, and many other portions of scripture, we (both men and women) have an obligation to God to uphold the standards taught to us, by those he chose to instruct us. God did not inspire these words, just for us to ignore them, or to live life as though we have some exclusive right to "opt out "

of doing them. This is the mindset of many professing Christ today.

For it is written: I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the

renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and

acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12: 1-2

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy

Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your

own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God�s. ! Cor. 6: 19-20

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Holy modesty is the lifestyle we are called to, because we are a Holy nation, called to serve a Holy God.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; 1 Peter 2:9

Selah

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Submission the cause of Christ
Posted : 21 Jul, 2013 09:29 PM

To my sisters in Christ

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ!!

I was hoping by now to have sparked some meaningful spiritual conversation amongst you. I'm convinced however, that this will not be the case.

Hopefully in the future this will change

Peace be with you!!!

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 12 Jul, 2013 08:29 PM

I also thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please feel free to elaborate more.

The purpose of the question is generate bible based conversation and dialog on the above subject matter, which will hopefully create an atmosphere of spiritual enrichment, enlightenment, and edification.

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 12 Jul, 2013 08:09 PM

Sorry teach ib, I made a mistake while typing. The complete statement should have read as follows: Submission to the cause of Christ.

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 12 Jul, 2013 08:03 PM

LADIES PLEASE DISREGARD THIS DUPLICATE POST. IT IS A ERROR

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 12 Jul, 2013 06:58 PM

Ladies, from a biblical perspective,what does this mean to you as a female believer in Jesus?

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 12 Jul, 2013 03:23 PM

Ladies, from a biblical perspective,what does this mean to you as a female believer in Jesus?

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
I sent a abuse report
Posted : 10 Jul, 2013 06:58 PM

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

James 3:13-18 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Proverbs 30:5-6 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Selah

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
I sent a abuse report
Posted : 5 Jul, 2013 07:50 AM

Romans 12:16-21 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Selah

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10