Author Thread: god in public schools
Admin

god in public schools
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 07:43 AM

I have gone back to school and am able to freely talk about jesus in my speech class.Several of us have given speeches on our faith.some of the young ladies spoke on saving themselves for the right guy.I have spoke on my faith.It is a smaller tech school.I believe the teacher may also be a christian.Dennis:dancingp:

View Profile
History
god in public schools
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 08:15 AM

dear dg, thats great man.. i dont get why christians get censored in schools and athesiets can go round preaching what they want to..

ole cattle

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
god in public schools
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 09:00 AM

I attended 3 different colleges while working on my degrees -- 1 community/technical college, 1 private Christian college, and 1 huge state university. In all three schools, I felt completely free to speak about, write about, and share my faith. Obviously, the Christian college was open to it (that particular school is NOT one that is Christian in name only!). The state university was surprisingly open to it as well...and many of my professors regularly attended church. 'Course, I was in the music department, and a lot of the students and professors had church music jobs; that didn't necessarily mean they were born-again Christians.

The technical college was the least open to it, but I have to share this: in my biology class (a small class of only 10 students), there were two of us who openly shared our faith. The teacher (an atheist) actually skipped the entire evolution chapter and told us all to read it on our own...my opinion is that she didn't want to deal with us on that issue! We had some of the best class discussions in that biology class!

View Profile
History
god in public schools
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 09:45 AM

Most teachers avoid the "God Issues" because they really can not defend their positions and have to admit that what they believe is on "faith" also and they do not want the "hassle'.

It is only when the issue gets to an administrative level that they will call in the A C(lever) L(egal) U(nit) to argue their point and suppress any logical debate.

Peace

View Profile
History
god in public schools
Posted : 2 Dec, 2009 01:17 PM

Don't get me started on this one ..........one of my biggest gripes!!!!!! Okay so it's for God to be taken out of the schoold becuz a couple of non-belivers sy so or becuz a religion doesn't believe in celebrating certain holidays or events BUT, doesn't that kinda cut into FREEDOM OF RELIGION ..............heeeeeeeelllo! Why can they have freedom of their religion or there the lack of but we can't have ours EXCUSE ME!

My kids school stills the Pledge of Allegance and my daughter actually yells out God lol lol.

Just a little trivia for next time it comes up ........ it was in the Constitution that religion was to be a part of the curiculum (spell check).

Hugz & Blessings,

Wen

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
god in public schools
Posted : 3 Dec, 2009 10:56 AM

Yeah...doesn't make any sense to me...and besides...we're taking away the rights of a majority for a minority? Isn't that the opposite of a democratic system?

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
god in public schools
Posted : 3 Dec, 2009 01:59 PM

Now you went and got me riled up!

When our Founding Fathers crafted our Constitution and our Laws, they based it on The Bible. Our �Common Law� was biblically based. The Constitution says that the Government cannot dictate, coerce, sanction, restrict or �gag� any religion as long as that religion obeys the Laws of the Land. The famous statement of �separation of Church and State� was taken from a letter written by Jefferson to a church in Connecticut that feared the government would sanction them and restrict their freedom. Jefferson wrote to them assuring them that their religion was ��as a garden separated by a wall�. Meaning that the government had no way of legally interfering with the states, concerning their policies on religion.

This statement was taken out of context by liberals and it has become their battle cry. They preach �intolerance� as their creed. If a Muslim, or a Wiccan or a chocolate lover that attends the church of the �gooey death� wants to stand up and proclaim his beliefs � they allow them to do so. But this creed of intolerance does not extend towards Christians.

We have allowed this to happen because although we are the largest voting bloc in this country � we bicker over doctrines and ideology and what have you � and have become fractured and splintered and wandering like Moses in the desert � while our adversary gains ground every day. Can you imagine what would happen if we all came together and voted out of office those that opposed God and His Will? Pray that we can overcome our petty differences and become united again.

I may run for office in 2012! Vote for Archimedes! Take Back America!!!! Power to the Pimples!!

Randy54156

View Profile
History
god in public schools
Posted : 22 Dec, 2009 06:35 PM

It was just on the internet lately where a 13 year old girl pulled out a bible during her free time and was suspended for having the bible open in public.

Our government wants to be so controlling that they are now removing "In God We Trust" off the currancy.