Author Thread: A great date
Admin

A great date
Posted : 6 Dec, 2009 08:16 PM

For anyone out there who is losing faith in the potential of finding someone truly special, I wanted to share this with you.

This weekend, I experienced a truly amazing date. I met someone in person I have been speaking with vie phone, text, email, and messages on this site. The entire visit was unpredictable and beyond my expectations.

First, he was a gentleman...in all things. Not only did he respect me through traditional gentlemanly behavior, he respected my space, conversation, and boundaries. He wasn't pushy or cocky but sweet and humble.

Our date was anything but ordinary. I won't share all the specifics, for after all, some things are just for me, but he played music for me, sang, took me on a special back stage tour of an amazing musical/historical landmark, took me shopping, to dinner, and shared his favorite movie with me. And no matter what we were doing, he made certain that, even in the smallest ways, I felt his special attention.

I know it sounds crazy but the whole experience was truly great. I have no idea if this will turn into a long-term relationship but I do know that if nothing else, he showed me that there are gentlemen out there who naturally treat a woman with respect. For that alone, I will always be grateful to him. I am hoping that what began on this site for us will continue...

which brings up a sticky point that must be considered...

He hasn't asked me to commit to him but I'm going to temporarily treat our relationship as if we are committed. The reason I'm choosing to do this is because I don't feel it would be fair to him to be distracted by other men, nor do I feel it would be fair to any of the guys on this site to believe me totally available when my heart is already leaning in his direction. If nothing comes of this, I've lost nothing. If something does come of this, I'll know that I was faithful in all ways (actions & thoughts) to him.

Keep the faith ladies (and gents). Even if this one doesn't turn out to be forever, he has restored my belief in Prince Charming.

In His grip,

Renee

View Profile
History
A great date
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 10:00 AM

I am so greatful that you posted this. I have my moments where I feel as though there Is no hope In ever finding companionship, but ath other times I feel like I've got to be getting closer. :applause:

Thanks for the post, you have given me hope! :glow:

View Profile
History
A great date
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 02:01 PM

Tabetha,

We ladies must stick together! And I know how it feels to lose hope in the things you've convinced yourself exist. The biggest mistake you can make is to believe there isn't anyone out there who will share himself with you. Because that leads to accepting less than you deserve...and that always leads to heartbreak. Keep your eyes on God and continue to pray that He'll send you the one He already has chosen for you. You won't be sorry you waited.

Remember: If we submit to what God has planned for us, it will be SO much better than whatever we could have chosen for ourselves.

Renee

View Profile
History
A great date
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 03:39 PM

Thanks for the fabuous encouragement!

P

View Profile
History
A great date
Posted : 7 Dec, 2009 07:04 PM

dear chef, welcome to the forums .. best of wishes to you.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
A great date
Posted : 8 Dec, 2009 11:33 AM

rdChef,

Thank you for the words encouragement. I've come to the place many times of losing hope and telling myself that It's just time to give up, but my father always talks some sense Into me. He tells me all the time that he Is praying for the one God has chosen for me to come along, but to keep In mind that when God Is trying to get somebody to me that the devil will send a counterfit. Which Is so true because I've had a few counterfits that seemed at the time where God's best for me. I am trying to stay strong In my faith that the one for me Is on his way but at the same time I'm tired of putting my heart on the line only to have it broken, but I guess thats just the price I must be willing to pay If I ever expect to cross paths with "my guy."

View Profile
History
A great date
Posted : 8 Dec, 2009 02:07 PM

dear tabs, if you never felt the agony of defeat ,then youd never be able to fully comprehend the joys of victory..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
A great date
Posted : 8 Dec, 2009 03:28 PM

Hey ole cattle!

Well, the way my life has been going for the past two years all I ever seem to feel Is the agony of defeat...I'm ready for my victory!!!! lol

GraceMae

View Profile
History
A great date
Posted : 9 Dec, 2009 08:00 PM

rechef... GREAT!

What ole cattle says is true though, Tabitha. "if you never felt the agony of defeat ,then youd never be able to fully comprehend the joys of victory"

If we're never tested in handling disappointment sometimes, we won't know when the real thing actually stands before us. Continue to pray for God to give you discernment and wisdom in building healthy relationships and you'll know. Be patient and continue to learn endurance as you wait.

We all look for love (sometimes in the wrong places but sometimes in the right places too.) So, just keep growing, and learning the lessons from every relationship you encounter, then you'll be the very best woman of God you can be for God's selected man for you.

Again, thank you rdchef for sharing your date story. Made me be feel in anticipation for what God has for me!

*GraceMae

View Profile
History
A great date
Posted : 10 Dec, 2009 06:31 PM

Well, my intentions in posting this to the forums was to inspire a little faith in each of you out there waiting as I have done for the right person. Out of respect for him, I felt it would be right to give us a chance to get to know each other better without the distraction of other people. While he liked the gesture, he disagreed with the need behind it. Frankly, I guess he just isn't interested.

We women must be really careful, especially on this site, to not raise our expectations so high that we come crashing down when reality rears its head. Unfortunately, even Christian guys tend to lead a person to believe one thing when they're thinking entirely different.

These are the games I hate. I want a guy who will not only behave as a gentleman on our date, but someone who actually behaves as a gentleman always. I don't find it gentlemanly when a man leads a woman to believe he cares, then pursues other women on the down-low.

I guess it's kind of turned into a 'what to watch for' post rather than simply a great date post.

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
A great date
Posted : 15 Feb, 2010 08:42 AM

wounderful