Author Thread: excommunication
Admin

excommunication
Posted : 18 Dec, 2009 07:26 PM

Friends I wish to know your thoughts.I moved in July back closerto home and changed churches.I am in a new membership class and we discussed this issue.

Question 1-Why do we not practice it like the ealy church?

Question 2- When should it be practiced?

I made the statemet which is true," We have so many churches that if we get kicked out of one we can always attend another."

Sad but true, So how should we the church handle trouble makers.

Remember excommunication is done in tuff love to bring somebody to repentance.

Please give your views!!!!!!:prayingf:

GraceMae

View Profile
History
excommunication
Posted : 18 Dec, 2009 09:55 PM

dgr... I can't talk much on excommunication, but, I do want to say something about.

You wrote " We have so many churches that if we get kicked out of one we can always attend another. Sad but true, So how should we the church handle trouble makers.

Remember excommunication is done in tuff love to bring somebody to repentance."

Well, what I've learned during service in ministry, is that sometimes there will be "troublemakers, rather, people you can spot that aren't walking the way they talk amongst the brethren."

Scripture talks about the wheat and the tares in Matthew 13.

I make note in this discussion particularly of Matthew 13: 29-30.

29. " But he said, No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30. Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bunelse to burn them up: but gather the wheat into my barn."

I think we have to take note that when we try to remove people out of the body of Christ without the Holy Spirits guideance and do it by our own church rituals, we end up pulling more people out of the church, not just the one who needs the ax. Like the bad apple... we're only trying to throw away one, but accidentally throw out the good with the bad. If we allow God to intervene, and that is through prayer.... all things WILL work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to HIS purposes -- as scripture tells us.

I probably went around the world and back here, but hope you got my meaning.

*GraceMae

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
excommunication
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 12:02 AM

Well...I'm not sure what you mean by excommunication. The version I always hear is the one where a "man" disconnects another "man" from God...forever....which isn't possible. Excommunication is for God only. Only God knows the heart and the future. If you mean at which point do you kick someone out of a church...then the bible says that you're suppose to go to the "person in question" privately and inform them of their error If they refuse to change you're supposed to bring a couple more people and do the same thing. If they still refuse to repent, then bring the matter in front of the whole congregation. If they STILL will not repent, then they should be cast out of fellowship with the church. But even then, they can still be forgiven and returned to fellowship. As Christians we should give people as many opportunities for repentance as God gives us, but we do need to use "correction and reproof" through the bible. I wouldn't know what to do about them running around to other churches. Do what you know you have to do, and your job is done. Let the other churches see the person's error and kick them out too:goofball:.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
excommunication
Posted : 20 Dec, 2009 10:31 AM

Donothitthatmark that is very close to my thinking.You are really close to my rain of thought in your statement.