Author Thread: What is your favorite "LOVE" Movie or Story?
Admin

What is your favorite "LOVE" Movie or Story?
Posted : 25 Dec, 2009 06:58 PM

Folks...What movie sticks in your mind as far as being a great Love Story? What comes to my mind first is "The Princess Bride". It was funny, yet spoke to something dear to my Heart -- True Love and what one will do...or endure for it.

So..what are your favorites and tell us why...and also anything about the characters that you liked or would want in your spouse.

Thanks

Peace

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Dec, 2009 04:59 PM

dear girl, welcome to the forums. and back at ya..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Dec, 2009 05:43 PM

The 1960's version of DR. Zhivgo. I hope I spelled it right.

2nd is the Sound of Music

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Dec, 2009 08:47 PM

Another good one is "The Notebook"

Great! The male, husband character displayed undying love for his wife even when she had Alzheimer's Disease. He'd read to her in the nursing home when she couldn't even remember about their young love together, she not knowing it was them in his "storytelling". In that- their young love was very deep and strong and nothing they couldn't conquer. The husband showed faithfulness in all odds of the relationship, even when she didn't even recognize him as her husband. The bond they had never went away after her body and mind changed. He was always faithful to her. ( I probably should've added a review, cause I know I missed some parts.)

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 02:12 AM

"Pure Country"

ladythumper

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 02:26 AM

Fireproof, Titanic, Walk the Line and Cold Mountain do wish that Hollywood could make love stories that practiced sex after marriage not before.

Gbu

Kimberly:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 03:33 AM

dear folks, grace notebook was a good un..

dave pure counrty loved that one..

and kimberly fireproof was awesome, titanic was a good one too, and walk the line gotta love ole johnny and june .. cold mtn was also a good un.. yawl namin alot id done forgot id seen..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 09:59 AM

Good one Kimberly!

Ti ma tan nic! A real sobber!

How about "A Night In Rodan Ha!" or "Rodtatha"...Rodanthan..."Rodda..dooda...toodee"

ladythumper

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 10:31 AM

When is God going to give us our love story movie ending? I want a Kirk Cameron like the character he played in Fireproof. He's also in reality a happily married Christian man.

I also liked Jerry Maguire "You had me at Hello" don't have to be in the Wizard of Oz to melt or in the frozen tundra. That movie melted me. I love a man who loves kids. Fatherhood is very flattering on a man.

Gbu

Kimberly:-)

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 01:37 PM

Yes dgr... Dr. Zhivago... hadn't seen that one in years. And Dave, Pure Country, I enjoyed that too. That plays pretty regularly on cable. I liked the end where the guys sings in concert to his lady and you know-- happily ever after!

GraceMae

Seuss

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 01:40 PM

I loved the movie, P.S. I LOVE YOU, and "Tristan & Isolde:

Page : 1 2 3 4