Author Thread: Prefer a younger or older mate?
ladythumper

View Profile
History
Prefer a younger or older mate?
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 02:27 PM

I prefer a younger man. I like a man from his late 20's to early 40's.

One big reason I prefer a younger man is because they don't try to control you and they still want kids.

Another reason why I love them younger is cuz statistically women live longer than men. I don't want to be left as a widow for 20 years before God takes me.

I've seen the pain this caused my Grandma and see the same pattern beginning with my Mom and Dad since my Dad's health is declining.

I figure be smart and marry a man 5 to 10 years younger than you and ul die around the same time.

Any thoughts?

Gbu

Kimberly:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 02:51 PM

I totally agree with you Fury...I prefer older but since maturity is key here it leaves the issue to being open on age. On the one side some young men have much maturity and wisdom and on the other side some older men are very...well...imature. Not to be confused with being child like or a big kid...Hey !!! I just hada thought, since I'm older and a big kid my self, maybe I should be lookin for a younger man that is more mature. Then we would balance out each other...Hummmm...:rolleyes:...xo

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 04:02 PM

I think younger or a little older is ok, but the whole age thing really depends as most of you've said on the maturity level. If my man is stong in his God walk, AND loves me, well I'm willing to bypass the age difference so long as it's not 20 years younger. (I don't want to be robbin the craddle or anything. :glow: I know God has a sense of humor, but I think He wouldn't set me up with anything conspicious to the world!)

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2010 11:43 AM

Hi Kimberly,

I think that we should not base our choices upon what other people like your Grandma and Mom experience. You could end up with a young man that dies prematurely. There are many widows on this site where their husband died younger than statistically they should have. The idea of growing old together is a good one but sometimes it doesn't work that way either.

Remember that men in general, statistically speaking, do not seek older women but younger women or close to their age. So...if you are seeking younger men and men are seeking younger women....you have eliminated the majority of potential candidates of good godly men.

We all have preferences in what we are seeking in a mate. I think that we should however be flexible and not make our preferences so restrictive [ not saying you are ] that we end up remaining single the rest of our lives. Food for thought.

Blessings!

Walter

Page : 1 2