Author Thread: The perfect mate-do they Exist?
aniontedbachelor

View Profile
History
The perfect mate-do they Exist?
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 08:18 PM

We all have these high standards were looking for, can anyone meet them?

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 09:14 PM

Perfect doen't exsist. The last Perfect Person on this planet was hung on a tree and Crucified. So I'm not sure if I even want to be perfect.

Having high standards is good if they are realistic...which I believe is what you are getting at. If our standards are so high that no one could possibly achieve them...than what good are they?

Yet if they are so low than everyone can achieve them...then again, why do you even need them?

So a balance needs to be met and realism has to be sought. Careful evaluation of the criteria used is mandatory and we also should (no must) ask ourselves can we meet these requirements, because we cannot in all fairness ask for something that we ourselves are not ready to give or do (unless it's a Female thingy...and we can't do stuff like that...well, not all of us).

Me...I'm not looking for perfection, just what's perfect for me. I am in search of a "rare" Jewell that God has "cut" with The Holy Spirit and "polished" with His Word. I will be able to spot her from far away from the "sparkle" in her eyes and the "glow" of her smile. I've got provisions for a long quest and plenty of digging tools, so....FIRE IN THE HOLE!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 09:17 PM

dear bach, i sure aint perfect so i dont expect perfection either.. just perfect for me would be good..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2009 04:37 PM

Perfet for me would be nice.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 02:50 PM

hey bach,

why do you need standards if you believe God is going to show you the "One" ? God doesn't make mistakes.

if you believe God is going to show you the One, then have you're engagment ring ready.

If you believe that Love at first sight is God showing you the one, then you don't need standards. Assuming of course that's not lust at first site.

personally i believe in standards but don't expect perfection. If God decides to reveal something to me, then fine. But God doesn't owe me an answer to something that i want and not something that i need.

Christ is the one who completes us. The mate we find is a blessing we choose to take or not to take (as a general rule)

aniontedbachelor

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 05:29 PM

Well Fury I never said I believed in the "one " concept. I simply said that in prov 3:6 we should acknowledge Him in all of our ways and decisions.... and He shall Direct our path. In other words as your about to make a very important decision pause and ask God what He thinks about it. Concerning Moving, investing,or Job wise.

See relationships work two ways u have Constructive relationships and Destructive relationships. Relationships that can make u better or relationships that can destroy u. Im not trying to be mean... but Just ask a divorcee.

Secondly as believers we should have standards.God gives us one in 2 Cor 6:14 ( be ye not unequally yoked).......Now if I never read that then how would I know im making the right choice..... concerning a Marriage Partner?

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 06:07 PM

you said you didn't have to date 20 people to find the One.

that God would reveal it to you immediately.

This concept throws out wisdom and standards, because you're implying God has already made the decision for you. If that is the case, then simply do what God wants and be done with it. God wont tell you something that is wrong.

However, God does give guidlines and God DOES promise wisdom for those who ask. That is not the same as a direct revelation where God chooses for you.

First, you must follow biblical standards, then you make the decision based on wisdom.

God may decide to reveal something to you but as a general rule, you decide who to marry or if you want to marry.

i think if you ask most Christians who are divorced, i would guess that a lot of them said that they felt it was God's will and they were marrying the One. I believe most of them fooled themselves into thinking God told them and they threw wisdom and their standards out the window.

we know that a person will not be perfect but again, thats where we get into personal standards. We each have different likes and dislikes for different areas such as appearance, attitudes, personalities, characteristics, how you feel about kids, doctrinal beliefs etc...

I don't expect any woman to fit my standards for all those catagories, thus a compromise is usually reached. There are some things that i can't budge on and there are some things that arent as important.

aniontedbachelor

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 07:22 PM

It is ultimately our choice and responsibility for allowing someone into our lives. That doesnt mean that we shouldnt acknowledge Him. I didnt say God will show u immediately, I said as u get to know each other, God will show u some good things or some bad things concerning the relationship. How would you know that your not opening yourself to something the devil wants u to have because your so desperate or so lonely for somebody.?

Being divorce doesnt imply that u made a wrong decision at the time. It just meant they were not willing to stick in it long enough to make it work. Gods not going to do it all for us but He will (help) if we acknowledge Him. (psalm 46:1)

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Dec, 2009 08:36 PM

well, to be honest I dont think any of us would know since we are all single.

my thought is there are things that i absolutely need in a spouse things that i could not compromise on and then there are other things that i would want but could live without.

such as, he would have to filled with the Holy Spirit (ugh here goes the controversy) he would have to believe in miracles, signs and wonders and that they are for the times we live in just as much or more as the NT and go after them!

Then there are things that I could compromise on. I'm not looking for Mr perfect in every way cuz I would be looking forever but you have to weigh it out. What are the things that you absolutely need in a relationship, then everything else can be compromised. Relationships are all about give and take anyway, all about compromise.

Just my opinion,

Jennifer

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Dec, 2009 09:08 PM

Yes, there is a "perfect" person for me. If I allow God to be in control ,the "I want this or I want that" has to take the back burner... know what I mean? If I allow God to bring the perfect person for me according to what He knows,and according to His plans (which I don't know) -- now what I "think" I know about what I want... then yes... a perfect person does exist. Yesl... a confusing sentecnes I just wrote! Oh well-- most of ya catch my drift!

God's plan ain't necessarily our plan.

GraceMae

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Dec, 2009 09:06 AM

I've become more of a believer in "God's plan" recently. Met a girl that seems to be so perfect for me that its got to be God's plan...I don't know the future, but there is a point when there are so many coincidences piling up that it ceases to be coincidence and starts being revealed as God's plan. When God set His plan in motion at the beginning of time, He knew I would fall in love with this girl. That does not mean my choice is gone, or that I don't need the wisdom to discern where this is going. It doesn't even mean I will marry this girl. Maybe this is a test and God knew I will choose to fail. Not everyone chooses to follow God their whole lives, or receives all the blessings God has in store for them, or gets to go to heaven. God knows everything that will happen, and plans through our free will.

:peace::peace:

Page : 1 2