Author Thread: Do you want to get married?
Admin

Do you want to get married?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 11:27 AM

Ok Ladies... that question is not a proposal. LOL

Seriously though. Do you really want to get married?

Do you know the type of mate you are seeking?

The real question is this.

Are you or are you striving to BE the right mate for your future mate?

Do you have flaws? Will you accept his flaws?

What are you doing in order to become the best child of God and potential mate for your potential mate?

Food for thought.

Blessings!

Walter

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 05:08 PM

That is Great Dennis! I know it would be wonderful to be debt free! Joining a church is also good! But what about you? What are you doing to stretch yourself, to challenge yourself spiritually? How are you trying to improve your inner being to be the best you can be for God and a future spouse?

Blessings!

Walter

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 06:27 PM

Dennis, I'm with you about the debt thing... making plans as we speak!

Thanks Walt for setting me straight! Appreciate the responses.

GraceMae

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 06:38 PM

The debt thing is a good one...I guess that applies to me as well. I currently don't have any debt (no student loans, no car payments as of last month YAY!, and no credit card debt), and I intend to do my best to keep it that way. That way I don't go into marriage with financial baggage.

Walt, thanks for the kind words.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 01:51 PM

Walter I have decided to wait a year to get settled in my new church to get active in a ministry.I also believe that a person must have some distance to rebuild after a divorce.Otherwise a self imposed suspension.No ministry until things in my private life are straighted out.I must be a good examlpe first.Clean as a whistle.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 04:30 PM

Dennis...Oh my...you come as you are to the Lord with all the things that are a burden to you. You've accepted his ways so...dont wait to member with your new Church. They need you and you need them espicialy now...Please dont denie your self...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 04:41 PM

Oops...sorry Walter. Ima playin catch up here....

Yes I do want to get married again. Just not so sure Im suppose to. I know what I do not want and God knows all that I want an more importantly what I need...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 10:21 PM

Hi Dennis,

I understand! It is a wise, no...very wise thing to do in waiting to heal and get restored after a divorce. If I may suggest that you see if your new Church has a "Divorce Recovery" class. My former church had one and many people told me it was very good and helped them considerably.

I have prayed for you Brother! Feel free to write me privately if you want to talk about things.

Blessings!

Walter

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 10:50 PM

heard a lot of women talkin about waiting for God to bring them the "One"

i don't want to go too deep into the theology on this and why i think its wrong (i did on several other threads)

but i'll say that i think you ladies are waiting and waiting and waiting for something that God's is not going to tell you.

yes God guides your steps and directs your paths but thats not the same as God telling you who you should marry. God never promises to give you that piece of information. God did play matchmaker in a few instances in scripture but 1 corith 7. tell us first that its better if you choose not to marry at all but if you burn with passion then you should get married and its okay. God being matchmaker is a specific prophecy that God is not obligated to give us.

Clearly getting married is a choice, and to be a blessing, not an obligation or duty (in most cases) When you say God will show you the one, you elevate marriage to the status of ministry and purpose of life. It's a choice to get married as long as you abide by the rules that God has laid down about marriage. If you don't want to get married, thats okay.

Now as far as you ladies wanting to be married, i gotta ask, have you asked a guy out? have you sought out a mate? have you tried to pursue a guy? Because if you haven't, i got little sympathy for your waiting. I imagine some of you have been waiting and waiting and waiting for some guy to sweep you off your feet or for God to give you some revelation that this is the One.

I won't claim to know the mind of God but i just imagine God sitting back and saying "Why are you asking me for a husband? I put plenty of Christian men in you life, pick the one you want? I've put plenty of blessings before you, you just chose not to take them."

Hey, if want to wait forever and not marry unless God clearly shows you somebody. More power to you. But don't complain about not finding the One, or start saying are there any good guys out there? And then come to the point where you want to get pregnant artificially cuz you stil havent found the One. (by the way, i can't say that know that artificial insemination is evil and getting pregnant in such a manner is sinful but i do believe it is unwise and does appear a bit selfish. Like i said, i think it would be better to adopt an unwanted child than to bring one into the world without a father figure)

back to the subject of the thread...my point is i question a lot of women's (and i should include guys because many men are the same way) desire to get married, when they're just waiting and praying. Not saying prayer and patience are bad. They are very good actually. i am saying that i think a lot of people (most of them women) are waiting and praying for something when God has already told them all they need to know in his word. (Not necessarily all they WANT to know for every step of their life).

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2010 12:40 AM

Fury,

I think you're misunderstanding what's been said and are putting words in people's mouths.

I don't believe for a moment that any women (or men) here think that UPS is going tp pull up in front of their home and drop off a package from God with a spouse inside? No...when they say that they are waiting for the one God has provided for them, they are simply saying that they will know from what this person says or does or is. Only God knows what is in their Hearts and what they have prayed for and when they "see" that in a potential mate -- that would be an indicator that perhaps God is involved.

Ask yourself just what have you prayed to God for in the woman you are looking for? If you were to come across one that had all those qualities...would it be by chance or from God?

For instance if a woman wanted a man that really did not listen to them and tried to read between the lines and ends up misunderstanding them and is also a bit hypercritical...they might feel that someone on this thread was the one God has for them. Capice?

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2010 05:02 AM

I like your thinking, Fury. Magical/chick flick thinking about "the one" can cloud the issue, confuse the thinker and actually result in a marginal choice being made.

Page : 1 2 3 4