Author Thread: Do you want to get married?
Admin

Do you want to get married?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 11:27 AM

Ok Ladies... that question is not a proposal. LOL

Seriously though. Do you really want to get married?

Do you know the type of mate you are seeking?

The real question is this.

Are you or are you striving to BE the right mate for your future mate?

Do you have flaws? Will you accept his flaws?

What are you doing in order to become the best child of God and potential mate for your potential mate?

Food for thought.

Blessings!

Walter

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 01:58 PM

Yes, I do really want to get married. In a lot of ways, it is hard to see my close friends get married. You know the saying, "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride"...well, sometimes I think that will always apply to me. But I don't feel called to be single, and I want very much to be a wife and mother (in that order).

I think I pretty much know what I want in a husband, but I try not to keep too much of a "wish list." God already knows who I'll choose to marry. I trust that He will bring him along at the right time! Until then, it is my duty to draw closer to God and grow in Him so that he can prepare me to be the best wife and mother possible. I also pray daily for my future husband, and pray that God is preparing him for our life together.

Did that make any sense? Sometimes I feel like I just ramble on and on!

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 03:56 PM

Ok Walt, here I go...

Yes, I really want to get married (one day!). Need the right man first.

Yes, I know the type of mate whose gonna seek me.

I think I am already the right mate for my future mate. It's been pre-destined already I believe.

Yes, I have flaws, and yes I won't have a choice but to accept his flaws. To know him is to love him! All of him! :yay:

Q: What are you doing in order to become the best child of God and potential mate for your potential mate? Well... just remaining to stay faithful in my walk with God, and until then... keeping my sense of humor as I continue on this site!

:goofball::rolleyes:

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 04:40 PM

Yes, I do.

Yes, I do.

Yes, always. Striving, that is.

Buwahahahahahaha! *Laughing loudly*

Ah, yeah. A couple.

And yes, within reasonable bounds of course. I would.

Keeping my relationship with God current and constant. Listening for Him and to Him. Reading His word. And I'm still learning about myself, even now. God is not finished with me yet!

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 06:56 PM

Walt,

I think that question should go both ways...for the Women and for the Men.

God gave me a lot of Gifts. I wasted them. God gave me another chance. I wasted that one too. So God said "one more chance." I wasted that chance to learn also.

Guess what God did? He slapped me down...hard...to the ground. Let me get a real good look at what the world looks like from your knees. I started to learn...slowly, but I once again got "Phat" and thought I was all that and more. Did God give me another chance? No...he stomped on me and again brought me crashing to the ground. where he proceeded to pound on me and pound on me...until I gave up and cried out "You win Lord!"

God then started to build me back up...piece by piece...a new man...a better Christian. A better way of looking at life and the Incredible Creation called Woman. I became so facinated by Women, but not in the way I once used to...not in the earthly...flesh driven way, but as what God made...the Sheer Beauty of Gods creation. Every Woman is different! Not like men are different...you can group men into pretty much 4 or 5 categories, but women are so unique and so diversified and so intrinsically wonderful that to catergorize them would take 100's of catergories and they would have to be changed so often and the woman would have to be moved to another catorgory so often that it really is not feasible!

A man as he ages gets "tougher" -- harder to chew -- and even harder to "digest". A woman....ripens and matures, becomes "sweeter"...truly like a fine wine or champange. Barring any organic (read mental) abnormalities -- a woman gets better as she ages.

I've learned this....God has shown me this. God tried to "teach" me earlier in my life, but I would not listen -- but I am ready now...and "prepared" for my wife. I will gladly take every misstep...evrey mistake...each and everyone of the "Painful" moments, that have placed me where I am now and what is currently happening in my life.

Each one of us here is being prepared for what God has in store for us. Some of us are not paying as close attention as they should be, but God will prevail!

Those of you that are feeling anxious or perhaps sad that things are not moving as well as you'd like them to. Those of you who are impatient or discouraged or confused. Those that have been hurt or decieved. Keep praying...keep trying...keep Loving! God will answer in His Own Time and with His Own REASONS.

Yes, Walter...both of us...Female and Males need to be ready. We need to be working on ourselves...on our "self-confidence", on the way we "see" ourselves, on the way we react to distress and discomfort.

God is always....Always...ALWAYS, ready to give you the Grace you need if you just turn to Him and ask Him with Love in your Heart. If there is the slightest...teenyest...itsy bitsy piece of hate in you, you will Offend God.

So...Bless them that hurt you...pray for them. I am one of them that needs your Prayers and Forgiveness. But always forgive them and let God refill that space where the hate was with His Glorious Wonderful Love.

Am I preaching? Sorry...got carried away. What was the topic again?

cherished2

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 08:38 PM

Oh yes.... I was a wife for 23 years, and so much desire to be one again! I do feel that I was a good wife, but I know I can be better, serve more, love deeper, respect and encourage more often, and pray together daily. I am NOT looking for the perfect husband (how bad would that make me feel, being so imperfect!) but I do kow a few things that I do NEED in a relationship. Someone that I am yoked with spiritually, someone who treats others well, and someone who will pray with me.

Re: What are you doing in order to become the best child of God and potential mate for your potential mate?

I thought I was prepared for another realtionship a few years ago when I found myself singel again. Not so. I needed to mend my heart, learn to forgive myself, and learn to reside in that place at My Fathers feet. I needed to learn to seek Him for comfort and approval, not a man. I needed (and this one I an still working on) to learn to not let my mate take the place of my God. So, I read, pray, continually ask God to open and close doors, and give me guidance. I will never be perfect, but I do desire to reflect God's love to those in my life.

I know when I am ready, God will give me the desire of my heart. Its my job to be ready and willing to see all the goodness in the one He has chosen for me!

Thank you for posting this question... it has made me think about who I am and what I need to do!

vkjewell

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 09:56 PM

There's nothing else I'd like to do more as a Christian woman. It's the holiest purpose for which, at our deepest level, women are first and formost created . . . emotionally, physically, spiritually and intellectually.

The opportunities for ministry as a Christian married couple are magnified exponentially. For me, they begin as a model and a beacon to my worldly adult children. How I would love to show the three of them the joy I hope to experience in a Godly marriage and family.

God's preparation for each of us is deep and personal. He asked me to set aside this last year to let HIM be my loyal Lover, my true Friend, my stable Provider, my tender Counselor, my loving Husband. He has invited me to just the right conferences, books, fellowships, volunteer opportunities, discussions, and divine appointments. He has asked me to return to painful people and places and to mend fences.

At times it has felt like sitting in a Hot Tub of the Holy Spirit of God. More often, it has felt like a daily blood transfusion from Calvary. It has not been without suffering. Nothing worthwhile ever is.

You've stirred up your brothers and sisters at quite an emotional level, Walter. Care to share any answers to your own questions?

ladythumper

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2010 10:00 PM

Archie,

Glad u pointed out that this question on here goes both ways. Cuz if you didn't point it out I was heeheee heeeheee.

Men and women both need to step up to the plate and be specific of what they pray to God that they want in a mate. They also need to pray that God molds them both and shapes them into a strong spiritual person so that they become compatible and worthy mates.

It takes two for a marriage to work and men and women both need to make a purity vow to save intimacy to the marriage bed.

I refuse to let a man test drive me before he marries me. That's the problem with the majority of men they all want sex....pretend like they don't and don't marry you since you don't put out but marry the girl that does. His loss and wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole after found out what kind of man he is. No man or woman is going to make me wait any longer for my baby. Only God can make me wait.

I don't have time to wait around for a man to realize what an awesome wife

I would be so forget that for now. Plan B is in operation baby mode. Next

month I'm scheduled for Artificial insemination and I can't wait.

Gbu

Kimberly:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 08:19 AM

when the right woman comes along I will get married again.

Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 11:39 AM

Hi Everyone,

Great posts everyone!

Let me try to answer each one on this post.

BCPIANOGAL: Good post and yes you do make sense. Don't fret over not being married as yet. You are young, pretty, have a sweet disposition and personality and most importantly you love the Lord. So hang in there!

GRACIEMAE: Keep on doing what you are doing in being the best you can! Concerning what you said about God has someone "Predestined" for you. I do not believe that is Biblical as God does not choose your mate. This whole,idea of "Predestiny" comes from a very bad interpretation by Calvinists and unfortunately it has swept through Christianity.

From the First through the Fourth Centuries those who believed in "Fate" and "Predestiny" were Gnostic Cults, Greek Philosophers, Pantheists & Buddhists. All Christian Writers did NOT believe in those things.

From the Fifth through the Fourteenth Century, St. Augustine & some later Christian writers, Waldenses, Moslems, Buddhists, BUT Most Christian Writers, Catholics, Orthodox did not.

From the Fifteenth through the Twentieth Century, Calvinists (Reformed), Catholics (Dominican), Moslems, Buddhists did, BUT Arminians, Wesleyans, most Baptists, Catholics (Jesuit), Orthodox did not.

Do you see the progression of the influence of a false teaching?

Additionally 1 Cor 7: 39 makes it very clear that choosing a mate is not something God does but He leaves that up to us.

1Cor 7:39 A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord. NKJV

GODSLAMB: You are too cute! Hopefully God is not finished with any of us. He has a lot to do with me still . LOL

ARCHI: The question was intended to be for all genders. I should have worded it differently. Great post though and no you did not get carried away! You just spoke from your heart and spoke truth!

CHERISHED2: A very thoughtful post....Greaqt job!

VKJEWELL: Great Post! Oh so you want me to answer my own question? HA! Well...ok. LOL What the rest said! LOL Seriously though. I just keep on allowing myself to be molded by God to make me the best that I can be for His service. I ask God all the time to make me a better Christian, a Better father, a better friend and a better man overall so I can be a light on that hill that shines and gives glory to our Father in Heaven. This all will make me the best husband I can be for my future wife, whomever she turns out to be. So I pray always, study His Word often and love everyone with the love that Christ would have me demonstrate and always be forgiving!

KIMBERLY: While I agree with most of what you said, I have to disagree with what you are planning to do. You have asked us all to give you our opinions, our godly counsel on the matter of you wanting to have a baby outside of marriage through artificial means. We have given you good solid wisdom and yet you ignore it. I don't believe that you are surrendered to God in this matter and in essence are in defiance of His principles He has laid out n His written word. God set in place specific standards for the make up of a family. Father, Mother, Children. Having a child without a Father goes against the very nature and design God has ordained! To go outside of this is going against God. I believe that your motives are selfish. YOU want a baby so badly that you are not willing to wait for the right man of God! This goes beyond reasonable "preferences". You simply are not trusting God nearly enough. Have you taken this issue to the Elders of your Church and asked for their godly advise? Will you submit to their counsel? Your fleshly desire to have a baby is so strong that you are not truly considering the needs of the child. You can never give the complete love a child needs because you are not and can never be a Father. A child needs a Father! A Fathers gives a special love that no Mother can give and vise versa. There are many reasons why God HATES divorce. One of them is because the CHILD is the one who suffers the most and by you have a child without a natural Father, you are placing that child in the same equation as a child of divorce. You are knowingly wanting to brng a child into this world without a Father to love them. I cannot think of anything more selfish than you placing your carnal desire of wanting a child over the needs of the child. But that is my opinion and I believe I have the spirit of Christ in this!

Kimberly I do love you in Christ but there are times when the love that we have for each other must be tough. If we truly love someone we have to tell the truth even when it hurts!

DENNIS: Waiting is good. But what are you doing to be the best you can be?

Blessings!

In Christ,

Walter

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 02:53 PM

I would like to be debt free in the next year.That is really a possiblity here.I got my house sold and am getting my house in order.This I believe is important to do.So, I do not carry debt into a new marriage.:glow: I am als going back to school to better myself.:dancingp:

I recently moved back to Defiance,Ohio and am involved in a new church.Just finished a membership class and plan on joining the church.Dennis:angel:

Page : 1 2 3 4