Author Thread: The first relationship
DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
The first relationship
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 07:26 AM

Ok people...as some of you guys might know, I've just recently entered into a romantic relationship. Now...while that is usually a little scary...this is my first...at 24 years-old...so I am really kinda terrified. I'm not exactly sure what to do besides be myself, and I'm hoping that's enough(its seems to be so far)...but is there other stuff I should be doing? I feel pretty lost. I'm not asking for too much specific advice, because it's hard to hand out advice to a situation that is pretty well unknown...but just anything random from someones past experience. Some of it might be helpful to me, some might be helpful to others. The basic "do's" and "don'ts".

:peace::peace:

And a introduction...this is Liddy:hearts::yay:...or "Siylii"...some of you might recognize that better.

http://www.christiandatingforfree.com/view_profile.php?userid=133922

View Profile
History
The first relationship
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 09:02 AM

dear hitman,, you got yourself a good one there.. i believe you gave yourself the best advice one can give you here.. just be yourself.. treat her good .. and love her with all your heart always and youll do just fine ..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
The first relationship
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 04:13 PM

I had to check where you live friend.I live in Ohio also.My wife liked some of the places I took her.She liked to see the Amish.

I took her to nice german or Amish resturants.Then the little gift shops.I do not know what part of Ohio you live in.I live in the northwest.Amish live about a hour away in Indiana.I also took my ex to Frankenmuth, Michigan to the german town.It has the worlds largest chritmas store.The owners of the store are Lutherern.The picture of baby Jesu is on the front of the store saying something about his coming to save us.We went up there once during the week in January when it was the slow time of the year.The owners wife asked us if we needed help taking a family pic.She took our pic then.It is a very friendly christian

tourist trap.Then you eat:eat: at Zehenders famous world chicken.

Women like these kind of places.Frakenmuth is about 3 hours north of Defiance.2 hours north of Toledo,Ohio ok.

View Profile
History
The first relationship
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 06:08 PM

ask the Lord to help you make her feel special.

Pray for her when she's having a bad day, take the lead but not agressively and make her feel safe when she's with you. God will help you with these things, just ask Him.

Blessings,

Jennifer

GraceMae

View Profile
History
The first relationship
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 07:33 PM

Mark!! I am HAPPY for you!!!!!! :bouncy::bouncy:

:dancingp::dancingp::peace: You go young man!!

You guys just "take - your - time" getting to know one another as friends the way you have, be honest, open, even when you don't agree (you know it's ok to disagree and still love...) and be happy as possible in all things you experience together, even when you are apart.

I sure that apart thing isn't going to last long either! I'm all smiles for you guys!! :bow::bouncy::glow:

Lots of love in the air from everybody for ya! :hearts:

GraceMae

rickc

View Profile
History
The first relationship
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 08:48 PM

DontHitThatMark,

Here's a really cool and complete 'go-by' from Steve Gregg's forum (actually, it's his old forum and the new one can be found at thenarrowpath(dot)com). This check-off-list, so to speak, was originally written and aimed toward young people. But I'm almost 54! -- and intend to use this to determine and/or consider if I should marry a lady. My plan is that she will go through the list with me too! I think this will be helpful to you, and to anyone who takes time to look!

"Compatibility Considerations Before Marriage" by Steve Gregg

http://www.wvss.com/forumc/viewtopic.php?t=1666

Thanks, :waving:

View Profile
History
The first relationship
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 01:55 PM

Don't,

Sounds like you are on the right path. Communication is of the utmost importance...especially if in the written word. Before...and I must repeat...BEFORE you do or say anything that you will most certainly regret -- CLARIFY that information with her! Don't just react to it. What may have been a harmless conversation with an old male cousin...could turn into Hreatbreak if you fly in with all guns firing!

Place complete trust until you ARE ABSOLUTELY>>>MOST POSSITIVELY>>>WITHOUT A DOUBT...and then recheck your information -- before you believe that she has betrayed you.

Other than that, never stop showing your affection...be and do what your Heart tells you.

Steve