Author Thread: Why it is important to have Christian fellowship
GraceMae

View Profile
History
Why it is important to have Christian fellowship
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 07:25 PM

I need to be associated with other believers. I can't live my life any other way. I think because "I know" the truth, it is harder to go back to the world, and the consequences of sin will be far worse because I "do" know the truth.

Scripture reference

Hebrews 10:21 and since we have have a great priest over the house of God, 22. let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; 24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25. not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one anotherl; and all the more as you see the day drawing near. 26. For if we go on sinning willifully after receiving the knowledge of truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27. but a terrifying expectation of judgement and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.

It is important for me to be in fellowship with you as believers in Christ, that I am encouraged by your faith, and purpose to encourage and edify you as my family in Christ. It is important, and I wanted to say thanks for all your sharing and even correction. :glow:

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 02:06 PM

reason for fellowship is to have a supportive body that can pray with you and you pray for them.It also brings family together to worship and receive gods word.This summer when I moved I found a new church.Sometimes we must find a new church to join.

I am lucky to have found this church.Dennis:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 02:21 PM

Yup ! it is so important to fellowship with the body of Christ. I call it the Jesus Network...lol...

I've noticed while stricking up a converation that some persons claim to be Christain but when I ask what Church they go to they say " Oh I dont go to Church" ...Hummmm....I 'll ask how do you worship and fellowship ? Reply..."Oh, I hang out with my Christain friends". This just amazes me...

Anywhoo...The Christain firends I hang out with all go to Church to worship and fellowship. Thats why God brought them into my life...

So Gracemae...you be so right on the mark...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jan, 2010 04:14 PM

dear folks, yep christian fellowship is an important thing for us..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2010 11:32 PM

Fellowship is necessary in order to exercise our Spiritual Muscles; Stengthening them and building them up in preperation of battle. Fellowship is also a Mirror that is held up to us...so we can "gage" our growth or "straighten" our robe of Faith. Fellowship is a means to "massage" and soothe our Souls whenever needed and Fellowship is a place to deposit our tears and banish our fears and Fellowship is the "arms" that will lift us when we are weak and push us when we are lazy and lastly Fellowship is where we will find the Loving Arms and Tender Mercy of Brothers and Sisters.

There is no other place forthis that does it as well as a Fellowship of the Body of Christ.

And the Church said...

cherished2

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 07:53 AM

Amen!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 08:11 AM

I never realised that, it appears in america things are taken seriously as they should be. :peace::prayingf:

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2010 10:47 PM

Romans 12:9. Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good.

Romans 14:1. Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgement on his opinions.

Galatiians 5:13 For you were called to freedom, brethren: only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Proverbs 27:17. Iron sharpens iron. So one man sharpens another.

Thank you Lord.

~GraceMae

stewartmcfarlane

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 04:55 PM

I sent you a message of fellowship saying I enjoyed reading your profile even though we were not a match and you responded with you dont think we are a good match and then blocked me.

When you are born again and have the Spirit in you (which you seemed to have from your profile) it would be normal to fellowship. There is a 95 man in my church, women who are 60, 70, 50, 40, 30, 15 all who share in fellowship because we have something in common - we share in the gift of grace and the promise of eternal peace.

Its something that seperates us from the world, we are all one body and the bride of Christ. Shalom, may God continue to purify and teach you and draw him closer to himself ;)

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 09:06 PM

dear stewart, welcome to the forums..

now let me give you a word of advice.. if you get rejected by someone in private.. ya need to leave it there..

in other words dont bring it out here to make a public spectacle and try to humiliate that person .. as thats not right either.. and its against the rules here...its called flaming.

also insuinating that they dont have the SPIRIT that they showed in their profile.. is insulting to them.. and will only cause trouble here and we dont want that either..

just dont make it a personal thing.. ya know.

so do please refrain from those actions in the future.

thank you for your cooperation..

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2010 09:40 PM

Hi stewartmcfarlane, there were 4 of us women who posted up to this point...I don't think you meant me? since your profile says matches 28-35 yrs age. I went back to check my PM's but nothing from you. (but I'd have been honored just the same :glow:) Just a suggestion as Cattleman mentioned, reply privately to who you're referring to. Remember when you post reply, it's general to all reading, so reference a name so I don't get a complex. :rolleyes:

~ GraceMae

Page : 1 2