Author Thread: Why it is important to have Christian fellowship
GraceMae

View Profile
History
Why it is important to have Christian fellowship
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 07:25 PM

I need to be associated with other believers. I can't live my life any other way. I think because "I know" the truth, it is harder to go back to the world, and the consequences of sin will be far worse because I "do" know the truth.

Scripture reference

Hebrews 10:21 and since we have have a great priest over the house of God, 22. let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; 24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25. not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one anotherl; and all the more as you see the day drawing near. 26. For if we go on sinning willifully after receiving the knowledge of truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27. but a terrifying expectation of judgement and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.

It is important for me to be in fellowship with you as believers in Christ, that I am encouraged by your faith, and purpose to encourage and edify you as my family in Christ. It is important, and I wanted to say thanks for all your sharing and even correction. :glow:

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 04:01 PM

Hey Stewart...that coulda maybe been me...I've been getin hit on by "out of country" alot an mostly scamers...not justifyin jus sayin...nothin personal Kind Sir...please accept my appoligies...:glow: Also thank you for the repremand...but in my defense a gal gots ta be careful on this grid/web thingy...Ima sure ya can understand that...GOD's blessins to you and yours....xo

patou

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 12:28 AM

Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. :yay:

1 Corinthians 12:12 The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; & though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.

Through fellowship we can share each others spiritual gifts, and finds good counsel when we need one.

Ida :waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2010 07:22 AM

because we need each other as a body as a body of Christ. We need to be belong to felllowship just what is says inHebrews 10:24 " 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Very well said ...so its also a commandment

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Mar, 2010 01:20 PM

dear heartening, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

IamIsabel

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2010 07:21 PM

Deep thoughts there Cattleman!

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 10:44 AM

dear isabel, hehe yea some days im deep as a well and others im deep as a mud puddle hehe

ole cattle

Page : 1 2