Author Thread: Wanting, Acting, Consequences
GraceMae

View Profile
History
Wanting, Acting, Consequences
Posted : 12 Jan, 2010 07:25 PM

You want something or someone so bad that you get so fed up that you decide you want to do things your way. Often times we make our plans, have them on paper set in stone, ready to go� got them all laid out to a �T�. Then you do whatever you need to do to �make it happen�. But you find that it doesn�t work out exactly like you had it planned. Somewhere along the line you forgot to include the �what ifs�. AND invariably the �what ifs� protrude and interrupt, and you find out �oops, didn�t think about that�.

Sometimes we get more than we bargain for when we take matters in our own hands.

We pray to God--- sometimes He answers, and it�s no or wait. And sometimes He doesn�t answer right away or ever�. Yes-- whether He might be saying no, wait, or doesn�t answer at all we still go after it. We want what we want, and it�s now or never. God gives us free will as it�s been expressed through various posting and scripture, and as He loves us so very much, He has that kind of love for us where He allows us to do our thing.

However, with that in mind, we must know and understand that as God allows us the choice to do as we wish, we also will learn that while the choices may be ours, the consequences will never be ours to choose. For those of us who believe the Word of God, and �know� it, meaning it�s been embedded deep in our heart BUT--- we choose still to bypass the truth, and even twist the Word around abit to justify whatever it is about that want-- well the consequences are much harsher. When He (God) knows that we know Him, we�ve gotten a taste of how God works in our lives, while He still may forgive, still love, He doesn�t remove the consequences. Sometimes there are hard, and valuable lessons He needs us to get, and remember. God knows our heart yes, but He will want us to be purified and tested in all assurance that He will be able to trust us to be used without fail in His greatest purpose for us which it to glorify Him.

Just sharing thoughts as I�ve listened to the news today and reading posts. Open for thoughts, comments or testimony. ~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 07:25 PM

dear grace,,, you make such a good point there.. our choices ,sometimes the consequences are not so good.. and they in fact turns out our choices always effects others around us.. each choice we make will effect other people and other people and other people.. its not always what it can do to us but it will do to others in some way all around us.. whether the choices are good or bad they effect those around us.. nice post..

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 11:21 PM

Once I was driving in the car one day listening to Christian talk radio. The topic was about a woman who'd had an abortion, and that her decision to abort her child not only affected her, but many, many other people unbeknownest to her. The whole program conversation got me to thinking how true that is.

I'm divorced now for 15 years, live alone, and all of a sudden my 75+ year old mom decides she wants to divorce and move here to my city. Well, her decision not only affected her, but my life, her friends, her family, her fellowship, and much, much more. As we don't live in the same house together, my life has changed simply because she didn't think everything through, so naturally, I do what I am called to do in Christ. Yet, people take action on a whim often, and that "whim" turns into much more than they anticipated. I hear so many stories from people I work with, family and friends at church, and I keep thinking... you didn't prepare for the unexpected things. While you can't always know "everything" that could happen, it's so that much more important that we include God and seek Him out first with our thoughts, and allow Him to prompt us, and listen for His leading.

Just as in dating, we think we want one thing, and we don't spend the sufficient amount of time really takinig a good, long, hard look at what we actually "see", running checks and balances against the word of God. Then we get dinged. Alright.. I think I've drifted a couple times here. I'm gonna stop now.

We "should" really look deeply into decisions we make in our life, because "our" decisions will impact much more than we anticipate most of the time. Thanks for the input cattleman.

~ GraceMae

~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 08:13 AM

Maybee you should put this post in a few other areas.I will be leaving this week end and wish you all the best.Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 09:19 AM

dear dg,,, you mean youre leavin on vacation this weekend or you leavin us here? i hope its not the latter my friend..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 03:35 PM

week end ole cattle.Be back monday,Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 09:52 PM

Ms. Grace,

Our minds get "clouded' by emotions and our spirit becomes agitated and we then make decisions that are not all that judicious or we miss God's signal to us or mistake it completely.

All we can then hope for is to do the best damage control we can and hope that the next time we will be better prepared. I don't think any of us are immune to doing this and it takes someone who always has his or her eyes on Jesus to avoid doing something like this.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 10:05 PM

Thanks you guys.... I needed to hear from you. I don't know, sometimes we just don't think things all the way through. Good point Arch...I've been guilty too, but more aware of myself these last few years. Is it true that life is like a box of chocalates? .... ~ GraceMae

p.s. DG.. let us know when you get back!

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2010 05:17 PM

I am back.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2010 05:58 PM

For you write down bitter things against me and make me inherit the sins of my youth.

Job 13:25-27

Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD.

Psalm 25:6-8

For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.

Psalm 71:4-6

Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.

Psalm 71:16-18

Hi GraceMae I just wanted to share my thoughts on this with a few scriptures that brought to my mind on this for this reason.

We all start out as Youths in the flesh and in the Spirit our flesh is fighting against the Spirit and the Spirit against the flesh. The things you posted are the very things all of us have experienced at some point in our lives. If Spiritually or in the Flesh. This is how I taken your post and place the thoughts down to share. It is a tremendous consequence we all do have to live with and experience in our lives. Even of the choice's of others. GivenLife

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 09:01 PM

Thanks GivenLife.... your scripture reference GOOD! I think that God uses everybody involved in a situation. He's doing something in each party.. a lesson, level of growth He wants to happen. To build up, make better, and exhalt to a deeper level of use for His glory. I believe that! Bless you! :angel: ~ GraceMae

Page : 1 2