Author Thread: Wanting, Acting, Consequences
GraceMae

View Profile
History
Wanting, Acting, Consequences
Posted : 12 Jan, 2010 07:25 PM

You want something or someone so bad that you get so fed up that you decide you want to do things your way. Often times we make our plans, have them on paper set in stone, ready to go� got them all laid out to a �T�. Then you do whatever you need to do to �make it happen�. But you find that it doesn�t work out exactly like you had it planned. Somewhere along the line you forgot to include the �what ifs�. AND invariably the �what ifs� protrude and interrupt, and you find out �oops, didn�t think about that�.

Sometimes we get more than we bargain for when we take matters in our own hands.

We pray to God--- sometimes He answers, and it�s no or wait. And sometimes He doesn�t answer right away or ever�. Yes-- whether He might be saying no, wait, or doesn�t answer at all we still go after it. We want what we want, and it�s now or never. God gives us free will as it�s been expressed through various posting and scripture, and as He loves us so very much, He has that kind of love for us where He allows us to do our thing.

However, with that in mind, we must know and understand that as God allows us the choice to do as we wish, we also will learn that while the choices may be ours, the consequences will never be ours to choose. For those of us who believe the Word of God, and �know� it, meaning it�s been embedded deep in our heart BUT--- we choose still to bypass the truth, and even twist the Word around abit to justify whatever it is about that want-- well the consequences are much harsher. When He (God) knows that we know Him, we�ve gotten a taste of how God works in our lives, while He still may forgive, still love, He doesn�t remove the consequences. Sometimes there are hard, and valuable lessons He needs us to get, and remember. God knows our heart yes, but He will want us to be purified and tested in all assurance that He will be able to trust us to be used without fail in His greatest purpose for us which it to glorify Him.

Just sharing thoughts as I�ve listened to the news today and reading posts. Open for thoughts, comments or testimony. ~ GraceMae

patou

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2010 05:44 AM

Thanks Grace for this post ! :waving:

Everything that was said here permeates in my heart, for I was guilty too of wanting something & suffered the consequences. The good news is God will always make a way to help us see things more clearly.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. EPHESIANS 6:12

May His peace be with us always !!! :peace:

:purpleangel:

Ida

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2010 01:01 PM

Nice post, Grace. Thanks.

I've spent all my life asking and wanting and planning and telling God ----

And all my life God has smiled at me and said, "But this is what I have for you, my beloved child"

And it is something so totally different from what I had planned, or wanted, or asked for, etc. And, even now when I should know better, not often but every now and then -- I try to "help" God. And he always gently corrects me.

But yes, there are consequences, aren't there? I could give many examples from my own life, as I'm sure others could. This was a sweet reminder - thank you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2010 05:08 PM

You've reminded me of the stroy of the flea on the back of a stampeding elephant yelling "out of OUR way!"

We don't have a Clue...not the slightest hint...of what God is working for us...of what He has in store for us. Even now we sit here and write all kinds of "Astute" -- "profound" -- "insightful" verbiage...thinking we are so clever...yet God is smiling...trying hard not to spit up His tea with a huge gaffaw at our "Childish" attempts to understand Him.

Who's to say that what you orI consider a huge mistake is in actuality just one more step in our journey towards God's wonderous gift for us?

I still make plans...I still set up my goals and I still dream, but now I do so with the knowledge that it may all change in an instance! I take those surprises in stride. I have no fear in me. I still prepare and protect and I am still constantly "watching" but I have this wonderful PEACE...Yea though I walk... I shall Fear no evil.....I "want" of Nothing.

Hey...I'm that flea... that flea on God's shoulder...Step ASIDE! Out Of OUR WAY!

PS I murdered a Congressman today....whoops!

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2010 10:54 PM

That's a pretty darn good analogy Arch! Like that "flea" thing! I think you've got something there... Thanks Ida, godslamb.

God's ways are not always "our" ways... God will take things that, to the natural man, are so completely seemingly dumbfounded in appearance, BUT God's plan was never about making things logical to the human mind (us) is it?

~GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2010 04:48 AM

I'm at what Arch said...(who's wisdom is sorely missed) cause it only confirms a saying I borrowed a few years back that still sticks with me today...

"If you want to see God have a really good belly laugh..... Just tell him your plans..."

Page : 1 2