Author Thread: For the Ladies... not a question though... (men should be mindful)
GraceMae

View Profile
History
For the Ladies... not a question though... (men should be mindful)
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 08:32 PM

So I'd been searching my home library for a book to share some things with the Broken Hearts forum, and wanted to share something here as well. It's for the ladies, however, I put it here as advice since it's really not a question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt:

If You Love Him, Set Him Free

Freedom is of the utmost importance to a man. A woman longs to be possessed; a man longs to be free. Don't be insulted by that. The enemy has told the man that to love you and commit to you is bondage. A man needs to know he can have you and his freedom, too, and he will put you to the test to ensure his peace of mind. See it for what it is, and don't over-react.

The truth is, freedom is an essential ingredient to any relationship, including our relationship with God. He created us as free agents. He doesn't coerce us into loving Him. He allows His consistency of love to draw us into choosing to be faithful to Him. Take a lesson from God, who is love.

"That's easier said than done," you say. "My future is on

the line. I've got a life to catch..." Well, there's an adage that might sound trite at this stage of the game, but that doesn't cancel out the validity of its message: " If you love someone, set him free." If people are meant to be in our lives, they will return of their own volition.

This stage of the relationship is what separates the girls from the women. It examines our powers of restraint, exaggerates our greatest fears, and exposes our faith. At a time like this, it is crucial to review God's promises. Remember, if it is God's will, it will happen! If it is not God's will, it's better for you to find out early in the game so you can be free to receive the person God has chosen for you.

In case you are still a little shaky about letting go or your dream man (lest he disappear over the horizon line never to be seen or heard from again), let me give you a few examples of the apprehending power of God. Keep in mind that free will is still very much involved. It's important to understand that God is not going to make this man fall in love with you. God will simply allow the circumstances of this man's life to reveal what is already in his heart.

(Excerpt from "What to Do Until Love Finds You" by Michelle McKinney Hammond)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is enlightening for you as it was for me when I read it a few years back. I have personally learned the power of God in my life and have grown "only" through the power of the Word of God and allowing the Holy Spirit in and with me to help me grow in all my relationships. Not all relationships are about romance, but really about learning to love as Christ loves with both men and women. We are not perfect, never will be, but God has what is perfect and pleasing for us in line with His will for our lives.

~ GraceMae

ladythumper

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 11:00 PM

Thankx for sharing this meaningful post. You can't keep someone who doesn't want to be with you.

Best to cut all ties if you find urself in this situation and move on.

Gbu

Kimberly:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jan, 2010 11:02 PM

I would think that being in Lovw with someone would make any time spent with them as a wondeerful time. Yes...there are things that require you to be away from them, but being in Love with them would mean that you'd want to return to them as soon as possible. So being in Love means alowing them to do their own thing, but also knowing that they will return to you and not having to "worry" if they will.

If they do not return...then they do not Love you and you don't need or want them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 12:19 PM

For some reason after reading this i listened to Free Fallin' by Tom Petty like a billion times. Bittersweet is how i'd describe that situation: Bitter in denying your (s)mothering instincts at first and sweet when we decide to come around later.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 08:46 AM

But also, just like our relationship with Jesus...freedom should not be a license to let people walk all over you. Use discernment, and don't make yourself a whipping post. Not in a romantic relationship anyway. You can love them like Christ does and just..not be in a romantic relationship with them.

:peace::peace:

niafransisca

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2013 02:17 AM

Hi all.. Im new to this site, but im curious.. Where is ole cattle go?

And for gracemae, u wrote:

In case you are still a little shaky about letting go or your dream man (lest he disappear over the horizon line never to be seen or heard from again), let me give you a few examples of the apprehending power of God. Keep in mind that free will is still very much involved. It's important to understand that God is not going to make this man fall in love with you. God will simply allow the circumstances of this man's life to reveal what is already in his heart. --> may i know the example? Im curious..

Well, i guess i have a very light chance to b replyed hehehee

Nia