Author Thread: How to complement a lady, without making a ......
Admin

How to complement a lady, without making a ......
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 05:20 PM

Fool of yourself.Lets see If i can suggest some ideas without stickin my foot in my mouth.:goofball: Sometimes I finish the first message or subsequent message with this question: Has anyone told you that you are beautiful today???? , I don't think sirupy flattery is Christ Pleasing ,but if you read the song of solomon those two lovers had a lot of positive things to say about the physical features that attracted them to each other. Maybe you shouldn't tell a lady that she has dove's eyes on the first date, use discretion. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and it tells a lot about a man or women, sometimes I say, you have happy eyes, or I Make some other encouraging remark about what I see in the photo. I think the joy of the Lord comes through in a photograph and separates an exciting photo from a mere glamor shot , and some photos are an adventure!

Complements shouldn't only be directed to A Ladie's physical attributes, be creative and let her know you "like her style"!!!!

Yes, I have been described as a sweettalker by at least one Lady on here. But What would poetry be like with out the ancient bards that have taken the time to extoll the beauty and virtue of women through time , And sometimes a lady really needs to hear an encouraging word!!! :applause: Hey another thing I try to do is try to make the ladies laugh, I have read 100's of Profiles and only found one where a lady didn't like a funny guy, most of the others say , I want someone that can make me Laugh! Well , I think sweettalkers are long winded , so stop snoring and tell me whatta think, give me a piece of your mind , cause a mind is a terrible thing to waste, Joel up in Alaska, No I don't live in an igloo, But I sell them:rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2010 01:17 AM

God gave you the Beauty you have.

Except Graciously any compliments given you. I feel that the ladies don't get enough compliments. Guys...never stop complmenting them.

Their eyes are the windows into their Souls and their smiles show us The Holy Spirit in them. This is their True Beauty. This is what brings me to my knees. This is what humbles me when I look into "Her" eyes. This is what warms me when she smiles.

Her beauty I could never stop speaking of because her beauty is something that I not only see with my eyes but also Feel with my Heart. It is a Beauty that will never fade with time...it will never diminish with age and it will only grow more and more BEAUTIFUL because it is the Light of Love that illuminates her in my eyes.

It is God's Devine Light that I see Her with and I will always see her that way.

Soooo...Guys...if you are touched by her smile -- Tell Her! If you see her past in her eyes and it moves you...Tell Her! Never stop telling her, because if you do...it must mean that the feelings have stopped for you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2010 06:24 AM

Be sure to compliment her about something that matters. If the lady has cooked and baked all day and half the night so that you might dine sumptuously, she will certainly extinguish the miserable life of the man whose only comment is,

"You sure can keep broccoli out of your teeth!"

P

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2010 04:30 PM

dear miss pooche, you sure are lookin mighty nice today.. did you do summin sifferent with your hair? smilers..

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2010 08:27 PM

poochetteek, you got me rolling..... :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

God bless you 'cause you speakin' so much truth! Thank you.

honeybear... what you said "be creative and let her know you "like her style"!!!!" .... I like that. Thank you.

~ GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 02:12 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, not how do ya tell if it sincere:rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 07:16 PM

Why, thank you Mr. Cattle. How kind of you to notice.

Now, how about those Vikings!!?

P

ladythumper

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 09:09 PM

Compliments don't do it for me on the website. They don't seem sincere. The reason they don't seem sincere is cuz you can't look them in the eye and read their body language if they're being sincere or not.

Now, in person where I can see ya eye to eye if it's sincere or not then I love compliments as much as the next girl.

However a guy can be lathering on the compliments but that means nothing to me if his actions don't speak louder than his words.

Prime example honey u look beautiful where's dinner? How bout being an action man an understand I worked the same amount of hours you did. I would be more taken if you came home skipped the compliments and say I'm going to help you cook dinner. Now that's what I'm talking bout that's my kinda man.

A man today opened the door for me at the library I gave him a big smile and said thank you. He said ur welcome...I even liked his voice. Definite chemisty there as far as appearance. He said ur welcome now that is a man with actions that speak louder than words.

Asking for some advice. How could I have gotten the door opener guy's attention that I was interested in him if he was available. I have always waited for the guy to make the first move. So I'm clumsy with making the first move on a guy and don't want to be too forward.

Gbu

Kimberly

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 09:52 PM

kimberly, you should post your question in a new thread so you will get more views and hopefully suggestions for it either here, or on the ask a gal or ask a guy. good luck sis

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 09:53 PM

lololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!! Oh pootcheeck, from out of no where. that made my day.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 09:56 PM

i also like what kimberly said in the fourth line of her post. i'll definitly keep that in mind.

Page : 1 2 3