Author Thread: How to complement a lady, without making a ......
Admin

How to complement a lady, without making a ......
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 05:20 PM

Fool of yourself.Lets see If i can suggest some ideas without stickin my foot in my mouth.:goofball: Sometimes I finish the first message or subsequent message with this question: Has anyone told you that you are beautiful today???? , I don't think sirupy flattery is Christ Pleasing ,but if you read the song of solomon those two lovers had a lot of positive things to say about the physical features that attracted them to each other. Maybe you shouldn't tell a lady that she has dove's eyes on the first date, use discretion. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and it tells a lot about a man or women, sometimes I say, you have happy eyes, or I Make some other encouraging remark about what I see in the photo. I think the joy of the Lord comes through in a photograph and separates an exciting photo from a mere glamor shot , and some photos are an adventure!

Complements shouldn't only be directed to A Ladie's physical attributes, be creative and let her know you "like her style"!!!!

Yes, I have been described as a sweettalker by at least one Lady on here. But What would poetry be like with out the ancient bards that have taken the time to extoll the beauty and virtue of women through time , And sometimes a lady really needs to hear an encouraging word!!! :applause: Hey another thing I try to do is try to make the ladies laugh, I have read 100's of Profiles and only found one where a lady didn't like a funny guy, most of the others say , I want someone that can make me Laugh! Well , I think sweettalkers are long winded , so stop snoring and tell me whatta think, give me a piece of your mind , cause a mind is a terrible thing to waste, Joel up in Alaska, No I don't live in an igloo, But I sell them:rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 05:48 PM

I like your post friend.I do try this with many of the ladies I write too.Dennis

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 06:05 PM

akhoneyb... thanks for the post. I like your sense of humor! You made me smile!! :glow: ~GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 07:15 PM

Thats my mission in Life , to make people smile, Laughter doeth good like medicine, Joel:yay:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 08:41 AM

This is true, and it comes back to you! I never feel better than when I am responsible for a ripple of laughter from someone. It is something I live for. Just wish I could pull it off more often:goofball:...because there's nothing more embarrassing than a botched joke:dunce:....unless...you botch a joke and your pants fall off....that would be more embarrassing...:prayingm:.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 08:45 AM

From time to time I have been funny here,Some people have wrote me and said I had them all day.

I have also used the punch line in writing a lady saying she looks much younger than she is.Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 01:07 PM

eh, i've tried the complement thing. too much give and not enough take. and sometimes i think they think it's creepy.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 01:23 PM

that and i assume that whatever i come up with to say some one else already has and she'd just be like "oh brother"

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 03:59 PM

Yah, with some ladies it seems like every thing you say is misconstrued, but at least you tried!

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 05:16 PM

I personally like to be complimented on my appearance, personality, achievements, etc...BUT, if the compliment is not sincere, I don't want to hear it. If it IS sincere, then :applause: :yay: :hearts: :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2010 06:48 PM

An Alaskan selling igloos? Is that like someone in Alabama taking you on a snipe hunt?

I love humor, and I like compliments. HOWEVER -- I have met several men who cannot seem to stop giving them, piling them on even. Like the man who told me I was beautiful but couldn't remember my eye color or hair color.

At that point they sound insincere. So while I enjoy it, if it is too effusive it will have the opposite effect on me.

Page : 1 2 3