Author Thread: How to complement a lady, without making a ......
Admin

How to complement a lady, without making a ......
Posted : 17 Jan, 2010 05:20 PM

Fool of yourself.Lets see If i can suggest some ideas without stickin my foot in my mouth.:goofball: Sometimes I finish the first message or subsequent message with this question: Has anyone told you that you are beautiful today???? , I don't think sirupy flattery is Christ Pleasing ,but if you read the song of solomon those two lovers had a lot of positive things to say about the physical features that attracted them to each other. Maybe you shouldn't tell a lady that she has dove's eyes on the first date, use discretion. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and it tells a lot about a man or women, sometimes I say, you have happy eyes, or I Make some other encouraging remark about what I see in the photo. I think the joy of the Lord comes through in a photograph and separates an exciting photo from a mere glamor shot , and some photos are an adventure!

Complements shouldn't only be directed to A Ladie's physical attributes, be creative and let her know you "like her style"!!!!

Yes, I have been described as a sweettalker by at least one Lady on here. But What would poetry be like with out the ancient bards that have taken the time to extoll the beauty and virtue of women through time , And sometimes a lady really needs to hear an encouraging word!!! :applause: Hey another thing I try to do is try to make the ladies laugh, I have read 100's of Profiles and only found one where a lady didn't like a funny guy, most of the others say , I want someone that can make me Laugh! Well , I think sweettalkers are long winded , so stop snoring and tell me whatta think, give me a piece of your mind , cause a mind is a terrible thing to waste, Joel up in Alaska, No I don't live in an igloo, But I sell them:rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 11:47 PM

dear poochie,,,, they just might make it. but im pullin for the saints ...and the jets

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 01:07 PM

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for replying to my post, hmmmmmmmm I like to follow complements with actions, like lying a dozen roses in a lady's arms after telling her that she is most beautiful thing i have met today!!!!!:hearts:

ladythumper

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 09:31 PM

I'm a sucker for flowers mr Alaska bear. Guess we all have our weaknesses.

Hmmmmmmm..,,,,,,,,....Valentines Day is coming soon.

Urs truly

Kimberly:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 09:42 PM

Yes,

Not being able to hear tone of voice or inflections does make it harder to gauge the sincerity of a person's word, but dismissing them offhand is unfair and impolite.

As for your problem about letting a man know that you are interested...I somehow doubt that would be a problem with you Kimberly. You have always come across as very assertive and confident. I'm sure a "look" that lingers a little longer or a smile that says "Hi...I like you" and half a dozen clues that a woman leaves whether intentionally or subconsiously -- had better be picked up on or you don't want this guy that is a "little slow". :yay:

:yay: If nothing else works...next time you see him ask him if knows anything about cars and if he could give you his opinion on whatever?

Something to start a coversation...and then have him fill out your questionaire to ensure he is compatible. You know... so that you'll know whether he's not too old and may die on you :boxing: or if he's human and made a mistake and was married before or... :ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 10:33 PM

Nice Hint Kimberly, but I Met a gal on this site about a week ago, and I am saving all my roses for her!:hearts:

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2010 10:45 PM

dear bear, congrats man.

ole cattle

ladythumper

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2010 09:45 PM

Alaska Bear,

I'm virtually heartbroke. No flowers....boohoo.

I'm happy for you glad this site is working for u. I've given up on meeting him on here but must admit having a blast on the forums.

Archie if Im in that situation again I'll just be myself and say something corny.... LOL! I assure you he wasn't too old or too young he was just right.

If Im in that situation again where the guy opens the door for me and Im into him.

Ill say something like. Ur quite the gentlemen bet ur taken? The good ones always are?

Grade me. Would that be tooo forward?

Gbu

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2010 10:33 PM

dear lady t, flowers ahhh haaaaa .. now we know.. hehe

i hope you get a dozen red roses then..

ole cattle

vkjewell

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2010 09:07 PM

Now THAT'S a sense of humor, POOCH!:ROFL: Go Vikings!!!

I'd like to take this opportunity to report a miracle. I agree with Kimberly.

Quit picking on her, Archi . . .

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2010 11:39 PM

I'm not pickin'...or a grinin'

i'm being "ME"!

If you bend over to tie your shoelaces...knowing that I have a snowball in my hand...WELL...shame on you!

:dancingp::dancingp:"I'm a throwing!" :dancingp::dancingp:

Besides if we look at this from the "mature adult" point of view --

:boxing::rocknroll:"I'm right and she's wrong!!!" :rocknroll::boxing:

And to answer your question Kimberley about your "breaking the ice" line ... your ability to attract men is or has never been in question...nor your ease in speaking or starting conversations with men -- but my "beef" with you has been all about "backing off" that gas pedal of your Heart's and Mind's desire and "listening" to what God wants for you.

You continue to repeat that if God did not want this for you He would have not placed this "desire" in your Heart?

You need to make sure that it is God -- not Kimberley -- that has "Placed" this desire in your Heart.

I have this "burning desire" for a 60 inch LCD TV that is burning up my Heart. Why would God place this in my Heart if He did not want me to spend money getting it?

Think about the Last time you admitted to a man that you were wrong. How long ago was it? Was it when coming out of the womb you told the Doctor that he was too old and realized that in fact you were too young? :ROFL::ROFL:

"Pickin' and a Grinin'

Page : 1 2 3