Author Thread: fun loving
Virgilius

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 09:04 AM

What means "I am a fun loving " ? that means you love the world and the wordly life ?

Wordly music,dance,drink .?

1 John 2-15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Acts 17- 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Virgilius

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 7 Apr, 2010 05:45 AM

I understant your point of view becose you live in America

where is not a long tradition in Christianity .

I suppose in USA there is not a border betwen what the bible say "world" and wordly lifey and born again Christians

also perheps the word repentance has not a biblical undrestanding .

About wear jewells or to make up Apostle Paul is firm against it ,read 1 Peter 3:3 and 1 Thimoty 2:9 .But if you think that the bible is not you you today ...is wrong.

Have you ever saw an ortodox or catolioc nun ?

They are maked up or wear jewells ? Of corse NOT .

Why ? Becose they are devoted their life to God .

So you have to choose if you want to be devoted your life to God or to world ..........

But I see that is very hard for "you"

to understand these things when all "Christians" aroud you

are the same and church too. But is not OK.

Try to listen pastor Paul Washer ceremonies ,perheps is better than others.

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 9 Apr, 2010 07:28 PM

I dont think living here has anything to do with it because i was saved by the grace of God and Jesus is my savior.

I read those verses and i dont see them the same as u, i think the Lord does not want me to be like Pharases and Sadusese(sorry if the spelling is wrong) and be all done up thinking i am so much better than others and what matters when i was saved and now is what He done for me on the inside.

I dont wear anything to make ppl think i am better than them cause i sooo am not. It makes me feel good. and I would never wear anything that is inaprparate I think u should dress decent.

As far as the nuns if i wass a nun i would dress as a nun but i am not.

I imagine u think i shouldnt have a voice of my own either. and if u want to quote the scripture about women keeping quiet one of our deacons studied about that and he said in Bible times the men and the women were not seated together and if whe women didnt understand something she would yell across the room to her husband to explain so that is where the being quiet and asking ur husband at home came from.

I do believe we (men and women) have our places and we should be in them to make His cause the best it can be. and my place is i teach a sunday school class and am the church secretary, direct the Christmas plays and help in VBS, sing....whatever is needed if i am qualified to do it i will. but i could and would do nothing were it not for the Lord.

Virgilius

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 11 Apr, 2010 05:39 AM

Do you see any " border " beteen you and the world ?

How do you understand these verses ?

Matthew 7: 13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

or

1 John 2: 15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For everything in the world�the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does�comes not from the Father but from the world. 17The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 11 Apr, 2010 01:38 PM

I love and agree with the scripture u quoted as well as all the others in the Bible.

this is where in the words of my pastor "we will just have to agree to disagree" im talking about all the other stuff we have discussed.

hope u have a blessed life.

Virgilius

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 13 Apr, 2010 09:20 AM

What means word "World"and things of the world in the bible ?

Very possible ,this: :toomuch:

:dancingp: ,:Mug: ,:buddies: ,:rocknroll: ,:devil:

gracegrace

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 17 Apr, 2010 03:00 PM

I have used the word fun-loving on my profile. I think when I am trying to communicate there is that I love the feeling of being joyful and light-hearted.

Joy

JOY, n.

1. The passion or emotion excited by the acquisition or expectation of good; that excitement of pleasurable feelings which is caused by success, good fortune,the gratification of desire or some good possessed, or by a rational prospect of possessing what we love or desire; gladness; exultation; exhilaration of spirits.

Joy is a delight of the mind, from the consideration of the present or assured approaching possession of a good.

Bring heavenly balm to heal my country's wounds,

Joy to my soul and transport to my lay.

2. Gayety; mirth; festivity.

The roofs with joy resound.

3. Happiness; felicity.

Her heavenly form beheld, all wished her joy.

4. A glorious and triumphant state.

--Who for the joy that was set before him, endured the cross. Heb 12.

5. The cause of joy or happiness.

For ye are our glory and joy. 1 Th 2.

6. A term of fondness; the cause of you.

JOY, v.i. To rejoice; to be glad; to exult.

I will joy in the God of my salvation. Hab 3.

JOY, v.t. To give joy to; to congratulate; to entertain kindly.

1. To gladden; to exhilarate.

My soul was joyed in vain.

2. To enjoy; to have or possess with pleasure, or to have pleasure in the possession of. [Little used. See Enjoy.]

Page : 1 2