Author Thread: fun loving
Virgilius

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 09:04 AM

What means "I am a fun loving " ? that means you love the world and the wordly life ?

Wordly music,dance,drink .?

1 John 2-15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Acts 17- 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 11:52 AM

Hey Virgilius. Welcome to the forums, man. I'm Garrett. After reading your post, I have a couple of thoughts to pass your way.

First of all... what does it mean to not love the world or anything in the world? "For everything in the world-the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does-comes nor from the Father but from the world."

So, for someone to be a "fun, loving" person doesn't necessarily mean that they fall into this category of living for your sinful desires. I can be a fun person without giving into sin. After all... doesn't the Spirit give us love, JOY, peace, etc.?

Just a couple of thoughts. Looking forward to hearing from you more, man! Have a good one!

In Christ

Garrett

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 12:15 PM

dear virg, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 02:30 PM

Fun loving can be someones personality.I am that way. I am some what of a clown.I like to joke around and tease.

My jokes are all clean,ok.Dennis

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 06:05 PM

I'm fun loving! I enjoy good times with friends and family. I like to laugh and make others laugh. I enjoy seeing people have fun. But I wouldn't say that I'm fun loving in a worldly way at all...I'm fun loving in a God-given joyful way.

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 11:00 PM

Virgil,

God created this world and everything in it. When He was done He said "it is good". There are so many wonderous and awe inspiring and absolutely things in this world for us to enjoy. Are we to "steel" our hearts and not enjoy them for fear of falling in Love with them?

There is a danger when reading Scripture to take it "literally". Remember that it was written by men that were "Inspired" by The Holy Spirit...to write in their own words and style. The Holy Spirit did not "Dictate" to them "Word by Word".

Perhaps the meaning of that verse is to "become Obssesed" with anything of this world...to the point where you don't even notice or See God's Hand in it.

We are all Made In HIS Image. God gave us the wonderful ability to Enjoy His Works and to have Fun!

I am sure He Smiles whenever He sees His Children playing and and LOVING!

All Things in Moderation.

Peace Be With You My Brother! and SMILE...you're on God's Camera!

Steve

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 17 Mar, 2010 01:58 PM

if i may so boldly try to add to what Arch said before. when God instructed us to love him, he said that we must do so with all our heart, strength, soul etc. in that light i would understand your argument, but lets get real. no human can do that. it is just not possible. the holy spirit in us can, but not we ourselves. Jesus came so that we might have life, and more abundantly; to me, everything is up for grabs! fun included!

i too have read profiles that say 'fun loving' and associated such a person with excessive juvenile behavior, so i am in the same boat as you. the fact that that is the first thing they say, or the one thing they highlight above any other also leads to the aforementioned association as well. however i do not limit such a person to that one sentiment, or dimension of his/her personality. chances are that their will be some attribute of that person that will balance their 'fun loving' nature. (hopefully)

the only problem i see is preference. the fact that you may want them to be more serious... which is your choice none the less. hopefully u see the other side of the argument.

nyanda

Virgilius

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 09:05 AM

Hello Garrett

I am not american like you so I am sure we see these things very diferent .

Here in east Europe in baptist church -for example -

baptized members must (shoud) be different that the world ,must be a "border" betwen a born again Christian and other people.

That means he will not drink alcohol ,he will not commit sins

(including sexual sins) ,he will not lie ,steal and so on .

Also he will not love the world -that means worldy things ,

wordly music,dance, cinema ,disco ,theatre .women will not make up ,and so on.

This is old biblical Christians rules .Perheps in America this border between world and born again Christians does not exist . I am wrong ? I suposse not.

But I now a pastor in USA who talk about repentence

maybe that is not so "deep" like in our area but is intresting.

He is pastor Paul Washer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuabITeO4l8

Virgilius

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 09:53 AM

When I posted this topic I was sure ,that many people from this forum will be angry on me ,becose world repentance is not a loved word ,for many people.

Yes ,God created the world but devil is god of this world

(2 Corinthians 4;4) . So how can a person drink or dance on a wordly music and do not sin ? No way !

In history of Christian church is written how were Christians from first centuries ,very much differnt from the world , in their behviiour .

I have a book written in 1750 by an evangelical writer "hard of man a temple of God or a shop of Satan" there are pictures with man's hard before repentace with all devil's

things (pleasures of world) inside and man's hard after repentance when Holy Spirit is inside it. a big difference.

But now devil take care to teach the people that we must not take the Gospel litteraly and we can live as Christians and world in same time.

But we must belive the word of God not devil or modern liberal heresies.

Virgilius

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 10:00 AM

Sorry I make a typeing mistake, I wrote "hard of man"

I wanted to say HEART not hard ( my english is not perfect yet) .:glow:

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
fun loving
Posted : 2 Apr, 2010 07:44 PM

I just like to have good clean fun , joking, teasing around with my friends. none of that is bad.

I do believe in repentance without we cannot be saved. now i dont drink but if someone wanted to have one maybe 2 i wouldnt have a fit. but no i would not condone being drunk.

I dont see anything wrong with dancing, movies, and such now u do have to be careful with what u watch because there is garbage out there.

I do have a question im not sure of something u wrote u dont think women should wear makeup? My step dad used to say that a little paint can make an old barn look better...lol

There is nothing wrong with makeup, earrings, pants, or cuting ur hair. I dont think it really matters to the Lord as long as i am decent and i look like a woman. Just saying.

blessings

Page : 1 2